Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Not Enough Time Part 2

My POV

It was dark again and my eye lids were getting heavy but I forced them to stay open. I’ll admit…I was just about to lose hope in finding this girl…but then I saw my beautiful bike on the side of the road. I quickly pulled over and jumped out, running to the bike. I looked around.

“Brit!” I called out. Nothing.

“Brittney!” I yelled again.

Still nothing. Then…I heard a high pitched scream. I knew that scream anywhere. “Brittney!” I yelled for a third time and ran to my truck.

I got out my gun and raced to where I heard the scream come from. I ran into the woods, swerving in and out of the trees. I finally came into view and Brit was on the ground as a supernatural creature was hovering over her. I readied my rifle and I could’ve easily hit it, distracting it for just a little bit. But, I stopped myself when I saw her light something and it started to spark. She knew what the thing was and she was ready to take it out! But then it hit the lit object out of her hand. That was when I shot at it and started running. It looked at me as I picked up the thing that Brit fired up and seeing it was an explosive fire cracker, I threw it at the monster and it exploded into pieces.

“Melissa” Brit said in shock.

“How’d you know it was a wendigo?” I asked, smiling at her as she stood.

“I’ve been on the road with you for two years, I couldn’t just be so ignorant…how did you find me?”

“Oh please, I’ve been looking for you for the past two days! What are you doing out here in the woods anyway?” I asked.

“Your bike ran out of gas…” she started but then impulse took over my body and I just punched her. I punched her!

“Ow! What the hell!”

“That’s for leaving!”

“Mel, we have to help the people that the wendigo had” she said and started dragging me away. “Okay but don’t think we’re not done talking” I said and continued to follow her.

We got to the cave and got three people out of the cave. They weren’t too badly hurt but we called an ambulances for them anyway. We waited until one set of paramedics arrived but I put the bike in the bed of the truck and we left before the cops showed up. We drove a few miles in silence but then I pulled over to the side of the road and shut the truck off. I sat just there for a minute and then turned in my chair to face her.

“So…you wanna tell me what the hell this is?” I snapped, throwing the note at her. She looked down at it…almost embarrassed. “Brit…tell me exactly why you left” I said in a more gentle tone.

“I cant…”

“Why not? You used to tell me everything”

“I cant tell you because once I say it out loud, I’ll sound like a totally conceited bitch”

“You were always that way” I joked, putting a hand on her knee, smiling at her and she rolled her eyes at me. “No judging. I promise”

“I don’t know…I miss having you as a best friend…I feel like you left me for Dean…” I bust out laughing. “You said no judging!”

“I know, it’s just…Dean?”

“Well yea. Believe it or not, I miss you two fighting and I miss you hanging and laughing with me”

“Brit, we started to act civil because you and Sam wanted us to” I reminded her.

“I know…but when was the last time we actually talked and laughed…” she said and I sat back, really considering it. It’s been a long time since we did that. “I think…it’s just because we’re with each other everyday…”

“So it means we become distant?” she asked and I heard the fear in her voice.

“No, no…it means…we’re so used to each other, there’s nothing to talk about. You know we joke all the time…well I do, you just laugh at my jokes…but we’re so comfortable with each other that we don’t need to talk to know that we’ll always be family…you’ll always be a pain in my ass but that’s what sisters do” I winked at her.

“Feel better?” I asked and she nodded. “Good. Tell me what else is bothering you” I encouraged.

“It’s the whole Sam thing…and how you definitely have a better relationship with both him and Dean”

“Brit, I have…a weird relationship with Dean…because I hate to say it but we’re a lot alike…just like you and Sam are a lot alike. But you’re the one who has the better thing with Sam. Yea he tells me stuff but it’s because we relate in some ways…in other ways, he just vents to me on some stuff and I don’t even know what to say to him. I don’t do that stuff. I don’t like getting all serious and emotional with anyone but you…you’re the one he goes to if he needs to vent and get advice or something” I said and she just nodded again.

“And the day you and Sam get together, I’ll think about liking Dean” I said and she laughed.

Then I reached over to hug her. “Now switch spots with me so I can sleep while you find us a bed and breakfast because I’ve been looking for your ass the whole time and after my nap I’m going to be starving” I said as I got into the back.

She got into the drivers seat and then I climbed up to the passenger’s seat. I got comfortable. “Ya know, I was bound to come back sooner or later. I wasn’t really running off forever” she said.

“Yea, I know…I was going to be dragging you back by your hair if you tried to refuse though” I mumbled and then went to sleep in the blink of an eye.

~~

The next morning, Brit and I got to a diner and ordered. “So you actually punched him in the face?” Brit laughed. “I did. I did and it felt so good to get out, I’ve been wanting to do it ever since I met the douche” I said and she just laughed.

Then my phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID. “It’s Sam…you talk to him…” I held out the phone to her. “No you talk to him, I’m missing remember?” she stressed, pushing my hand back.

I sighed and picked up. “Hello?” I sighed again.

“Hey Mel…did you find her?” he asked.

“No uhh no I didn’t. The son of a bitch cleaned up her tracks well”

“Well, I know you’ll find her. I just wanted to tell you what went down last night…it involved a lot of vampires…”

“Vampires? Are you serious? And I missed it?” I asked, excitedly.

He chuckled. “Yea, turns out there are more out there…and you wont like this either…we have the colt”

“No way! The colt?” I whispered.

“The one and only that can kill anything and everything” he confirmed.

“I cant believe this, I miss all the good stuff…how did you two manage?”

“Well we weren’t alone. We’re teamed up with dad now”

“Awe no way. I miss him. Not fair” I pouted.

“Yea…hey are you sure you didn’t find Brit?” he questioned and I could hear the smile on his face.

I stayed silent, racking my brain for words. “Damn” I sighed. “Don’t tell Dean. I don’t know what Brit wants to do yet and I’m going to go wherever she wants to go”

“I understand…and I wont tell him…but can you tell her that we both miss her and we would like a proper goodbye”

“I’ll tell her” I smiled.

“And Mel? We miss you too…even if he wont admit it…”

“What’s that Sam…I think we’re losing connection…” I made some cracking noises and he laughed.

“Okay, okay I get it…I’ll keep you posted on our next move”

“Thanks Sam” I said and we hung up. I put it back in my pocket and we got our food as Brit eyed me skeptically. The waitress walked away.

“If I didn’t want to go back to team up with the boys…you wouldn’t make me?” she asked. “Nope. We’re going where you want to” I told her but I think she noticed my uneasy look as I started eating and stuffing my face with pancakes.

“Mel…” she said in a tone that told me she wanted me to talk.

“I just…I have this feeling…”

“What kind of feeling?”

“A feeling where…something’s going to happen…or it is happening…I don’t know, something that Sam just happened to leave out…”

“And you think they’ll be needing our help”

I just nodded.

“Well good…because I have the same feeling…actually…last night…I had a dream about Dean, Sam and John and…they really needed help. I don’t know if they needed our help but…they needed help”

“Okay…well they don’t need our help right this minute…lets wait a few hours and see what’s up…today we aren’t on the job” I declared and we continued eating.

As we talked and ate…but the feeling inside me was just getting bigger…and bigger.

~~

Night fell and Brit and I were chilling in our motel room. “Hey, where’s my…” I started. “My suitcase, second pocket” she said from the bathroom.

I walked over to it but stopped when my cell started to ring…I saw it was Dean. “Hello?” I sighed.

“Hey Mel…how’s the search for Brit going?” he said and I heard him sniffle or something…and his voice broke slightly…like he was getting ready to cry.

“I think I’m getting closer…Dean, are you alright?” I asked him.

“Yea…yea I’m fine…it’s just…Sam and I got into this fight and dad’s not answering his phone…Meg’s alive…”

“What?” I whispered, incredulous.

“Yea…and we were close, Mel…we were so close…”

“So close to what, Dean?”

“The demon, Melissa…we almost got the demon…but he burned down the house before we could…”

"Oh…wow…” I was breathless. “Did anyone get hurt?”

“No, we got the family out in time…I’m sorry I called…and I’m sorry about the other day…but I just didn’t know what else to do…I don’t know what to do, Mel”

“Okay Dean…it’s gonna be okay…” I said quietly.

I stayed on the phone with him for a few long seconds as he got himself together. I heard a beep coming from his end. “Mel, I have to go” he said.

“Wait! Dean!” I yelled but he had hung up already.

I stared at the phone in my hand. Brit came over to me. “What was that about?” she asked. “We have to go…they’re going to need help…and I know where they’re going to go…come on”

~~~

We hit the road and I sped off and by morning we got to a dirty rundown house surrounded by broken, old cars and car pieces were scattered everywhere. “Mel, what are we doing here?” she asked as we got out of the truck and walked up to the door.

“You’ll see” I smiled.

I knocked on the door and when it opened, I saw a very familiar face. “Hey Bobby” I grinned.

“Melissa? Melissa Stern? Well I’ll be damned” he said and I gave him a big hug and then let go.

“This is my best friend Brittney, Brit, this is Bobby. He’s a very close family friend”

“Nice to meet you, Bobby” she said, shaking his hand.

“Same here…what are ya doin here? Come in…last time I saw you…” he said, stepping to the side, letting us in.

He laughed a little but then stopped when he remembered the last time we saw each other…it was at the funeral.

“I know. It’s been a while...” I continued, saving him from an awkward moment. “I’m sorry I didn’t keep in touch…” I looked around and it was still like I remembered the last time I was here.

Saying it was cluttered was an understatement. “Well…we’ve been traveling with the Winchester brothers and I think they’ll be coming here soon…I think they’re coming for help, mind if we hang out here for a bit and just surprise them?”

“Yea, sure…what do they need help with?”

“It’s a long story and I don’t have many details…it’ll be better if we just wait for them” He nodded and got us all beers.

~~~

About a half hour later, another knock was at the door. Brit and I jumped to our feet. “Hey Bobby, we…” Dean started to say as he walked in but stopped when his stare met my eyes. “Melissa?” he snapped and then looked at Brit. “Brittney?”

“What?” Sam asked, coming into view as well, grinning.

He rushed over to us to hug Brittney tightly. I snickered at the sight. I walked over to Dean and smacked him in the chest. “Will you stop hitting me?” he snapped.

“So that’s how you got that ugly bump on your face” Bobby chuckled, walking passed us. “Bobby” Dean warned.

“Well don’t hang up on me again! You scared the hell out of me” I put my hands on my hips.

“Why are you girls here anyway? How did you know we were going to be here?” Sam asked. “Girl’s intuition” I replied, smiling at him. He didn’t mean to but his lips twitched into a small smile.

Bobby came back over to us while Sam and Brit were still having their little private talk and they started looking through a book that Bobby gave them. “Here ya go” he said, handing Dean a silver bottle.

“What is this? Holy water?” he asked. “That one is…this is whiskey” he said, holding up another and took a swig from it.

Then he gave it to Dean and he drank some and then I got it from him, drinking some as well. “Bobby, thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t sure if we should come” Dean said as we started to make our way over to Sam and Brit who were sitting at the big desk.

“Nonsense. Your daddy needs help”

“Yeah, but last time we saw you, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. You cocked the shotgun and everything”

I smiled.

“Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people”

“Yeah, I guess he does”

“He was just lucky to have Will around to get him out in time before I really did shoot him”

I smiled more to myself this time.

“But, none of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back”

“Bobby, this book…I’ve never seen anything like it” Sam stated and we went over to look at it.

“The Key of Solomon? It’s the real deal, all right”

“And these protective circles…they really work?” Brit asked.

“Hell, yeah. You get a demon in one, they’re trapped. Powerless. It’s like a satanic roach motel”

Sam and Brit laughed. “The man knows his stuff” I commented.

“I’ll tell you somethin’ else, too…this is some serious crap you kids stepped in”

“Yeah? How’s that?” I asked.

“In a normal year, I hear there are three demonic possessions, maybe four tops”

“Yeah?” Dean said, waiting for him to continue.

“This year, I’ve heard of twenty-seven so far. You get what I’m sayin’? More and more demons are walkin’ among us…a lot more”

“Do you know why?” Brit asked.

“No, but I know it’s somethin’ big. A storm’s comin’. And you girls…” He looked at Brit and I. “Along with you boys and your daddy…” He looked at Sam and Dean. “You all are smack in the middle of it”

We all exchanged looks. Those weren’t exactly reassuring words.

I felt a ping in the pit of my stomach…like I felt an unwanted presence coming…and then we all heard Bobby’s dog start barking like crazy. “Rumsfeld. What is it?” Bobby asked, rhetorically as he walked over to the window. Then, suddenly as we all froze, the barking ceased. “Something’s wrong” Bobby stated.

Then, at that moment, the door was kicked down and Meg came walking through. My eyebrows furrowed. “No more crap okay?” she glared at all of us.

I saw Dean unscrew the cap of the holy water and took two steps toward her but then with a slight wave of her hand, he flew into the wall and fell to the ground. “I want the Colt Sam, right now. I know you have it…unless you gave it to one of your little girlfriends here” she sneered.

Sam, Brit and I got in front of Bobby as Sam was more in front of Brit and I, ‘protecting us’ and Meg started walking toward us, causing us to back up with each step. “We don’t have it on us. We buried it” Sam said and I could tell he lied.

“Didn’t I say no more crap? I swear, after everything I heard about you Winchesters, Stern and her little sidekick, I’ve got to tell you, I’m a little under whelmed. First, Johnny tries to pawn off a fake gun, and then he leaves the real gun with you two chuckleheads. Lackluster, men. I mean, did you really think I wouldn’t find you with them?” she smirked at Brit and I.

“Actually, we were counting on it” I spoke and looked up at the ceiling. She looked up as well and saw a protective circle on the ceiling. We led her into it and now she was powerless and stuck. It was perfect. “Gotcha” Dean said as he came into view, smirking.

We got Meg into a chair inside the circle and Sam and Dean tied her wrists and her ankles to it as Brit and I stood just a few feet away with her arms crossed across her stomach and I put my hands in my hips.

“You know, if you wanted to tie me up, all you had to do was ask” she said and we all just ignored her as Bobby came back into the living room from the kitchen.

“I salted the doors and windows. If there are any demons out there, they ain’t gettin’ in” he informed us and we all nodded.

I watched as Dean walked over to Meg and stood a few feet away. “Where’s our father, Meg?”

“You didn’t ask very nice”

“Where’s our father, bitch?” he spat.

“Jeez, you kiss your mother with that mouth? Oh, I forgot. You don’t” she said and I cringed at that slap in the face she received from Dean.

I replaced it with anger though and I began to clench my teeth together. Dean got in her face. “Hey, you think this is a friggin’ game?! Where is he?! What did you do to him?”

“He died screaming. I killed him myself” she said and smiled such an evil, wicked smile that made me sick.

I saw the anger in Dean’s body language as he straightened his posture. Then I jumped a little as the sound of Dean’s smack across Meg’s face echoed in the room.

“That’s kind of a turn on…you hitting a girl. Do you smack Melissa around too?” she said, still smiling.

I just kept my arms crossed, staring her down as Dean ignored her sexual gesture. “You’re no girl”

“Dean” I spoke up, taking a few steps forward.

He turned around slowly and I put a hand on his back, leading him away from Meg, over to Bobby as Sam and Brit followed. “You okay?” Sam asked. “She’s lying, he’s not dead”

I spun Dean around so he would look at me. “Dean, you cant hurt her…” I started saying but he gave me a weird look. “Why?” he asked, disgustedly. “Because she really is a girl, that’s why” Brit snapped. “What are you talking about?” Sam asked.

“They’re right boys. She’s possessed. That’s a human possessed by a demon, cant you tell?” Bobby spoke.

We all looked over at her and she was shaking a little, almost like she were shivering…if it was cold out…and if she were human. “You’re tryin’ to tell me there’s an innocent girl trapped somewhere in there?” Dean asked.

Bobby, Brit and I all nodded. “That’s actually good news” he stated.

“Yes, it is” I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333