Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Not Enough Time Part 3

Sam went out to the impala to get John’s journal and when he came back inside, Brit, Dean, Sam and I stood in front of Meg, spread out and Bobby was only a few feet behind us. “Are you gonna read me a story?” she smirked.

“Somethin’ like that. Hit it, Sam” Dean and Sam started the incantation, speaking Latin.

“An exorcism? Are you serious?” Meg said, acting unimpressed.

This time I was the one who got up and personal. “Oh, we’re goin’ for it, hon…head-spinning, projectile vomiting, the whole nine yards” I smirked this time and then backed away.

As Sam continued reading, Meg grimaced and started to moan in pain. “I’m gonna kill you. I’m gonna rip the bones from your body” Meg groaned, looking at me but it was Brit who spoke as Sam stopped reading.

“No, you’re gonna burn in hell…” she said matter-of-factly.

“Unless you tell us where our dad is” Dean added. She stayed silent. “Well, at least you’ll get a nice tan”

Then he nodded at Sam and he continued reading, going on to the more intense part. She groaned again in pain and then clenched her teeth. “He begged for his life with tears in his eyes. He begged to see his sons one last time. That’s when I slit his throat” she spat and I saw Sam eye Dean with a nervous look.

He got up in Meg’s face again so they were inches apart. “For your sake, I hope you’re lying. ‘Cause if it’s true, I swear to God, I will march into hell myself, and I will slaughter each and every one of you evil sons of bitches, so help me God"

He backed off and all of a sudden pages in other books that Bobby had lying around all over the place, started flying and wind started to blow all around us. Sam hesitated a little but kept going. Meg started to sweat and scream and shake more and more.

“Where is he?” Dean’s demanding voice, boomed.

“You just won’t take dead for an answer, will you?”

“Where is he?!'

“Dead!”

“No, he’s not! He’s not dead, he can’t be!”

Sam had stopped reading and Dean looked over at him. “What are you lookin at? Keep reading” he ordered gently and Sam obeyed.

I looked at Dean with pain in my eyes but I hid it. I wish so badly that I could help somehow but this was really their fight. Brit and I shouldn’t interfere…. The lights started to flicker as Meg’s screams were louder and the chair she was in was sliding all around the floor, keeping inside the circle at all times.

“He will be!” she finally shouted and her chair stopped moving in the center of the circle and Sam stopped reading as we all stared with wide, expectant eyes.

“Wait! What?!” Dean said, stared Meg down.

“He’s not dead. But he will be after what we do to him”

“How do we know you’re telling the truth?” I spoke up.

Brit and I, of course knew this was their fight and she knew how to keep her mouth shut…but I didn’t.

“You don’t”

“Sam!” Dean threatened.

“A building! Okay? A building in Jefferson City” she said quickly.

“Missouri? Where? An address!”

“I don’t know!”

“And the demon, the one we’re all looking for, where is it?” Sam asked, just begging for some answers. “I don’t know, I swear! That’s everything. That’s all I know” she said, exhaustedly.

Dean straightened his posture “Finish it” he said to Sam but continued to keep his eyes on Meg. “What? I told you the truth!” she said, almost pleadingly.

“I don’t care” he said in one of her ears and he walked around, behind her.

“You son of a bitch, you promised!”

“I lied!” he grunted in her other ear. Then he looked up at Sam. “Sam?” Sam was silent. “Sam!” he said louder, walking over to him.

“We can still use her…find out where the demon is” Sam spoke.

“She doesn’t know”

“She lied!”

“Sam, there’s an innocent girl trapped somewhere in there. We’ve got to help her”

“You’re gonna kill her” Brit finally said.

“What?”

“You said she fell from a building. That girl’s body is broken. The only thing keeping her alive is that demon inside…” Bobby added and now the four of them were facing each other as I was a few feet away, just staring blankly at Meg.

“You exorcise it, the girl is gonna die” Brit finished.

“Listen to me, all of you, we are not going to leave her like that” Dean said in a set-in-stone kind of way.

“She’s a human being” Bobby tried to argue but I had enough.

“And we’re going to put her out of her misery!” I grunted, snapping my head at all of them.

Dean still had his serious, hard look on but his eyes showed me that he was thankful for me siding with him. I snapped my head back at Meg and started to recite the rest of the incantation from memory.

As I did so, Meg started to twitch and her eyes turned coal-black. I stared her down as the words just flew out of my mouth and in a split second, she tilted her head up to the ceiling with a jolt and let out a long, piercing scream as a huge cloud of black smoke exited her mouth and shot at the ceiling as fire sparks started to shoot from the ceiling…and then everything was silent. I noticed the guys watch in awe at it all happening. Meg’s head fell forward as her whole body was limp and motionless and I saw some blood drip from her mouth. We all just stayed silent…but then she started to lift head slowly as some more blood came from her mouth and a little came from her nose.

“She’s still alive…call 911” Dean ordered. “And get some water and blankets” I added as Bobby rushed off and we all raced to her. We untied each limb.

“Thank you” she said, so weakly that she gasped for air immediately. “Shhh…just take it easy alright?” Brit said gently. “Come on, lets get her down” Dean said.

Then, Brit and I backed away as Dean and Sam got her arms around their shoulders and lifted her up so she was still in a seating position with their hands under her legs and she gasped in pain and groaned.

“Sorry, sorry…it’s okay” Sam told her as they set her down gently on the floor and Brit and I knelt down beside her with the boys but we weren’t crowding her.

I heard her mumble something but I didn’t catch it. “What?” I asked, lightly. “It’s been a year” she said. “Shhh shhh just take it easy” Sam repeated what Brit had said.

“I’ve been awake….for some of it. I couldn’t move my own body. The things I did…it’s a nightmare” she said quietly. “Was it telling us the truth about our dad?” Dean asked. “Dean” Sam chided quietly, shaking his head slightly.

“We need to know”

“Yes. But it wants you to know…that they want you to come for him”

“If Dad’s still alive, none of that matters” Dean muttered.

Bobby came back with blankets and some water. Dean took a blanket and put it underneath her head and brought the cup of water up to her mouth. She drank a little bit from a sip but spit some out. I tried to keep my mouth shut…

“Where’s the demon we’re looking for?” I asked. It didn’t work too well.

“Not there…other ones…awful ones”

“Where are they keeping our dad?” Dean asked.

“By the r-river…” She inhaled sharply. “Sunrise” she breathed out.

That was her last breath. “Sunrise? What does that mean?” Dean asked. She stayed silent. “What does that mean?” But, she didn’t answer again…she was dead.

After a few more minutes, we all stood up and Dean, Sam and Bobby walked away to talk as Brit and I just looked at each other. “I feel so bad for her” she said.

“I know…but she’s at peace now…she’s in a better place”

“So you do believe in it then? A better place?” she questioned.

“I do…I think I do…I have to…” I muttered the last bit and walked over to the guys as Brit followed but Dean stopped me and stood in front of me.

I gave him a look but didn’t question it. “You guys ready to go?”

“Sam and I are, yea…but we want you girls to stay here with Bobby for a few hours…”

“What? No way. Dean, we are going with you guys” I said sternly.

“Look, I don’t know what’s going to go down but I have this feeling…you of all people should know when to trust a feeling…”

“Yea I know but I have a feeling too and my feeling is to go with you guys. What if you need our help?”

“Sammy and I can take care of it…but…you see, you and Brittney…you both cloud our judgment and right now, we cant be worrying about you girls…if you come, I know there will be a point where I will have to choose between you and Sam…it’ll have to be Sam…”

“I know you will choose Sam and I would never expect you to do otherwise but you don’t have to worry about us…”

“Melissa! Please, just…stay here…I’m asking you…as your friend” he said and it was weird hearing him say he was my friend…and I knew he was a little uncomfortable saying it too. I stared at him in silence. He was serious.

He really didn’t want us to go…usually, I would have went hay wire and start saying all these things and saying how I wasn’t going to miss the opportunity to get in on a case. But, this time…I analyzed Dean’s look. He was pleading. This was his dad. It would be a quick rescue mission. Get in, bring him out, get to safety. Then he would call…hopefully. There was nothing I could help with…Brit and I would just get in the way.

I sighed. “Fine…” I finally said and he looked really relieved. “But call as soon as you find him so I know he’s okay…and so I know you’re okay” I said, timidly. I was never timid.

He smirked. I hugged him…it was unexpected…and he was caught off guard…but it was just on impulse…and he hugged back. “Melissa Stern, I didn’t know you had a soft side” he chuckled lightly and his breath on my neck, gave me goose bumps.

“Yea well…you have a soft side too so you ever make fun of me for it, just remember you’re going to be on the receiving end as well”

He didn’t say anything else but I felt him being relaxed and somehow I knew he was smiling. Then I pulled away. “You’re cramping my style ya know that?” he smiled smugly at me.

I scoffed. “Me?” I said, narrowing my eyes.

He just laughed and walked back over to the others as I followed. Brit gave Dean a quick hug and I gave Sam a quick hug as well. “Okay, no need to get overly emotional Sammy, we’re going to see them again…soon” he promised, looking at me.

“What?” Sam said, narrowing his eyes at Dean like he was crazy. “I am not getting overly emotional Dean…shut up and lets just go. We’ll call as soon as we can girls” Sam said and we nodded.

Then they walked out the door. I cant believe I just let a guy…let alone Dean Winchester…talk me out of hunting.
.

~~~~

Hours started to go by and I spent most of them just pacing around while Bobby and Brit talked. Then, they finally made me sit and Bobby and I caught up some…we reminisced a little as well.

“You know…your daddy and John were best friends…they grew up together…John didn’t even know anything about hunting at the time though. Your dad was the master at covering up his tracks and keeping things secret…when John finally found out about it all…it was because of Mary. Mary was a hunter”

“Dean and Sam’s mom?” Brit asked.

“Yep…Will was actually the one who introduced John and Mary. She was a good friend of his…then when Dean was born and when you were born…everyone knew right away you two would be friends…but of course…some things change…”

“Bobby…I know this will be awkward for the both of us and you know I would never ask something like this…but I have to know…were Dean and I ever more than friends?”

“Why are you asking, Mel?” Brit asked. She wasn’t enforcing an innuendo and she wasn’t smirking smartly…she was just plain curious.

“Because of the dreams I’m having…it’s of us when we’re like teenagers I guess…well it’s me and some guy but he looks close enough to be Dean”

“You sure it’s him? Cause he was a funny looking kid” Bobby said and I laughed.

“Yea I’m pretty sure…do you know anything?”

He sighed. “You and Dean…had this weird kind of relationship…break up one day but get right back together the next…but…everyone could tell he loved you Melissa…I never saw the kid look at anyone the way he looked at you…and he acted differently with you…”

“But, what happened…?” I asked.

“He forgot what it was like to have you around…that thing did erase your memories…and then there was that accident…he grew up in a different kind of life style after Mary passed…he changed…” he explained.

I looked outside and saw it was getting dark. I looked at the door as if I was expecting the boys to walk through it. My leg started to shake up and down.

“And Brittney…you and Sam always got close every time you were around each other…I never knew you personally but I saw you with Sam here and there and…it seemed set in stone for you two” he added and my eyebrows rose at Brit who had a shocked look on her face.

“Alright, Mel get up, we’re going to go help out our boys” Brit said, suddenly, jumping to her feet. “But how? We don’t even know where they were going after they got John…” I said, standing slowly.

“I have an idea” she smirked a knowing smirk and I grinned at her.

Brit called the phone company as she got her laptop. She told them her son ran off to some concert, she gave them Dean’s number and they gave us instructions on what to do on the computer and then we saw Dean’s location. She hung up.

“Brit, you’re a genius” I commented.

“Yea, I know…”

“Thanks for everything Bobby”

“Just go save their asses and bring them back here” he instructed.

“Yes sir” I said and we raced out the door.

Brit wanted to ride my motorcycle while I rode in my truck. Ever since she ran off, she has had this new obsession with my bike. I agreed to it and quickly put some gas in it and I let her follow me. At this point I was going to do whatever it took to get her to stay this time. I had the laptop open on the passenger seat and followed its directions. We got to a spot and I was looking around and I saw an old rundown cabin in a sort of open field with trees around and one was kind of blocking its view but I was still able to spot it. I stuck my arm out the window, pointing to the cabin so Brit would look over at it. We both came to a stop and I parked on the side of the road, completely out of the way of any cars that would want to pass and I got out. Brit shut off the bike but came walking over to me with it and she rolled it away from the road before putting the kickstand down and taking off her helmet. We walked over to the cabin and as we got closer, I looked through the window…and saw something that shocked me. Dean was holding up a gun, pointed at John as they were conversing. Sam walked in and they all spoke something but Sam sided with Dean. Brit and I ran to the window, staying hidden but we still watched and my ears perked up so I could hear them.

“Fine. You’re both so sure? Go ahead. Kill me” John said, lowering his head.

I looked at Dean and saw he was close to tears as he started to lower his gun. “I thought so” John said, looking up and with a raise of his hand, Dean flew into one wall as Sam was flown into the wall adjacent from him.

They were both pinned. Brit and I cringed as we watched. “It’s you isn’t it. We’ve been looking for you for a long time” Sam said with so much anger as ‘John’ picked up the Colt.

“You found me” he answered as I stared at those piercing yellow eyes.

John was possessed by the demon Brit and I have spent the past three years trying to find…the demon that these guys spent their whole lives trying to find.

“Mel, we have to do something. We cant just sit here and watch” Brit hissed at me.

“I know, Brit, but we cant just go barging in either, we need a plan. I’m thinking…”

For the smart one, she definitely couldn’t think well under pressure. “I’m gonna kill you!” Sam threatened.

“Oh, that’d be a neat trick. In fact, here…make the gun float to ya there, psychic boy” Yellow Eyes said as he placed the gun on the table.

I saw Sam focus on it but nothing happened and Yellow Eyes chuckled. “Well, this is fun. I could’ve killed you a hundred times today, but this…this was worth the wait…”

Then we were distracted by what he said next because there was a loud, sickening crashing noise and skidding tires. Brit and I spun to see that it was my truck that got hit by an enormous 18 wheeler and they just kept going! Speeding down the road! My jaw dropped.

“What the…” I started to yell but Brit covered my mouth as I yelled many bad words into her hand so they were muffled.

“That sound? Yea it was the sound of your two girlfriends being totaled by one of my many little minions. That one was driving an 18 wheeler” I heard Yellow Eyes say.

“You son of a bitch!” Dean grunted. “I swear to God…”

“What are you and God going to do? You see, as far as I’m concerned, this is justice…you know that little exorcism of yours? That was my daughter”

“Who? Meg?”

“The one in the alley? That was my boy. You understand?”

“You’ve got to be kiddin’ me”

“What? You’re the only one who can have a family? You destroyed my children. How would you feel if I killed your family?” He smiled a smile that made me want to hurl…just like Meg had.

“Oh, that’s right. I forgot. I did. Still, two wrongs don’t make a right”

“You son of a bitch” he repeated. “I wanna know why. Why’d you do it?” Sam spoke.

“You mean, why’d I kill Mommy and pretty little Jess?”

“Yeah”

Yellow Eyes looked at Dean. “You know, I never told you this, but Sam was gonna ask her to marry him. Been shoppin’ for rings and everything” He walked over to Sam. “You wanna know why? Because they got in the way”

“In the way of what?”

“My plans for you, Sammy…you and all the children like you. Brittney is one of them…and so is Melissa…but Melissa needs more coaxing since her father was Will Stern…oh and I had a blast killing him too…”

The boys didn’t say anything. “You really think they’re dead…then you don’t know them that well. If she’s anything like her father then she wouldn’t let them both go down that easily…they’re around here somewhere…”

I saw Dean relaxed a little. “Listen….you mind just gettin’ this over with, huh? ‘Cause I really can’t stand the monologue here” Dean quipped.

“Dean, shut up” I pleaded quietly.

“Funny. But that’s all part of your M.O., isn’t it? Mask all that nasty pain. Mask the truth”

“Oh, yeah? What’s that?”

“You know, you fight and you fight for this family, but the truth is…they don’t need you. Not like you need them. Sam…he’s clearly John’s favorite. Even when they fight. It’s more concern than he’s ever shown you. Hell, he shows Melissa more concern than he shows you…even Brittney…”

“I bet you’re real proud of your kids, too, huh? Oh, wait, I forgot. I wasted ‘em” Dean smiled weakly.

Yellow Eyes didn’t respond…he backed up instead. “Damn it, Dean” I cursed.

In and instant…I saw Dean bleeding from his chest…and he started to scream in agony. “That’s it, we’re going in” I stated. Now I was the one who wasn’t thinking straight…but I didn’t care.

Brit and snuck quickly over to the door and managed to get in, without making a sound to be heard. We hid behind the wall as the guys were just on the other side. I looked at Brit and we had a telepathic moment and she nodded so then I focused on the gun. I focused on it so hard…it flew off the table and over to us. I stood up, catching it in the air. I saw Sam had dropped to the ground somehow.

“Hey you!” I yelled and Sam’s head snapped over at us as Dean looked over at us weakly.

Yellow Eyes turned around slowly. He looked at the table where the gun was and he looked in shock actually…but he hid it with a grin. “My two star pupils…”

“Cut the crap and just let them all go”

“Oh my dear Melissa, I cant do that…but remember that if you kill me, you kill their daddy”

“I know” I shrugged and then shot at John’s leg.

The spot where I shot him lit up a little and then he fell to the ground. I lowered the gun and then Brit and I raced over to Sam and Dean as Sam knelt down beside Dean. I dropped the gun in between Sam and I.

“Dean?” Brit spoke and he opened his eyes.

“Hey…oh God you lost a lot of blood” Sam commented.

“Where’s dad?” he gasped a little. “He’s right here…he’s right here, Dean” he assured him.

“Go check on him…”

Sam got up slowly and I got over by Dean’s head. I knelt down and placed Dean’s head onto my lap. “Hey…Dean, can you hear me?” I whispered and he opened his eyes slowly again to look up at me.

“You just don’t like to listen do you” he breathed out and I laughed.

“Yea, well…” I shrugged and I felt the tears rising but I kept them back.

Suddenly John woke up…and he was plain old John. “Sammy! It’s still alive. It’s inside me. I can feel it. You shoot me. You shoot me! You shoot me in the heart, son!” he yelled as Sam stood to his feet with the Colt in his hand.

He cocked it. Was he really going to shoot him?! “Sam, don’t you do it. Don’t you do it” Dean spoke.

“You’ve got to hurry! I can’t hold on to it much longer! You shoot me, son! Shoot me! Son, I’m beggin’ you! We can end this here and now! Sammy!”

I watched as Sam struggled so hard with this decision. Brit had tears in her eyes and one streaked her cheek. “Sam, no” Dean said and he was crying. His tears fell onto my leg.

“You do this! Sammy! Sam…” he started again but just like what happened to Meg…black smoke (the demon) erupted out of John’s mouth, shooting into the air and then disappeared through the floorboards.

John looked at Sam sadly…breathing heavily…and all three Winchester’s were in tears…so were Brit and I.

Brit and I helped Sam get Dean and John to the Impala and agreed that we would follow the boys on my bike to get them to the hospital quickly and then Brit and I would get my truck back.

“I cant believe this, my poor truck” I said as we were on the road with Brit holding onto me.

“I know. We’ll get it back…” she started saying but then we both froze as we saw the same 18 wheeler come flying down the street at the intersection coming up and it hit the guys.

The impala went flying into an open field, some pieces flying off. I jumped, staring, wide eyed and I almost forgot to hit the breaks. As the truck went full force into the car, Brit and I didn’t move. We stared in horror. What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333