Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 3

Brittney’s POV

I sat in a chair with my legs curled up to my chest and I pushed all of my hair back and just gripped onto it, keeping my hand on the top of my head as my other arm was wrapped around my legs and I stared at Mel's lifeless body in front of me, on the bed. My eyes were dry and I had tear streaks on my cheeks. Dean was on the other side of the door with Sam’s lifeless body on the other bed that was in the living room of this run down, old shack.

"Ya know...I always thought I'd be the one to go first...with me always getting into trouble and all...but you were always there to get me out of it...and the one time you needed me...I wasn't there...I wasn't there..." I shook my head.

I just stared at her pale face as I heard Bobby come into the house. Mel taught me how to listen carefully to my surroundings so I knew a thing or two.

"Dean? I brought this for you and Brittney"

"No thanks. I'm fine. You can go ask her, she’s in the other room but I don’t think she’s hungry either”

“You both should eat something, where is she anyway?”

“I said we’re fine…and she’s in the other room with Melissa”

“Dean...I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you think maybe it's time...we bury Sam and Melissa?” Bobby suggested and my heart ached just at the thought of both my best friend and the guy I think I loved getting buried.

I felt more tears well up even though I didn’t think it was possible. “No” Dean said sternly.

I heard some footsteps walking around. “We could…maybe…”

“What? Torch their corpses?…not yet”

“I want you to come with me, you and Brittney”

“I'm not going anywhere and obviously neither is she”

“Dean, please”

“Would you cut me some slack?”

“I just don't think you should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit, I could use your help”

Dean scoffed. “I’m not alone, I have Brit. We’re fine right here”

“I don’t think either of you should be alone…somethin' big is going down…end-of-the world big”

“Well, then let it end!” Dean yelled and I jumped a little.

“You don't mean that”

“You don't think so? Huh? You don't think I've given enough? You don't think I've paid enough? I'm done with it. All of it…and if you know what's good for you, turn around, and get the hell out of here. Go!” he yelled and I heard some shuffling and hard thumps.

Then there was a pause. “I'm sorry…I'm sorry. Please, just go” Dean finished.

“You know where I'll be” Then, I heard the front door open and shut…and it was silent again.

“I don’t know what to do Mel…I cant do this without you…I need you here…who’s gonna save my ass now? And who am I going to save? I doubt I’ll ever get a chance to save Dean…I remember when we first hit the road…when it was just you and me…I was so depressed…I got the job done like usual but I just looked at life in a dull way…never smiled, didn’t talk much…"

I paused. "Then you started pulling dumb pranks on me like when we were little…and at the end of the day, you yelled at me, saying ‘your parents would not want you sulking around all the time’…and you were right of course…but I don’t know what to do now Mel…I don’t know what to do now…” I cried lightly.

I heard Dean crying and yelling a little as well in the other room…but then I heard the door creak and I turned to see him standing there. We held each others eyes for a moment and without other words…then we hugged. I held onto him as he held onto me while I felt my legs were like jell-o. Ready to collapse at any moment. Then, I patted his back and walked out of the room and he shut the door as I walked over to Sam and knelt beside him.

“Hey Sammy…it’s not fair that you and Mel left us at the same time…I never got the chance to kiss you…to tell you how much I really like you…and now I’m going to regret it forever…”

My POV

I was in the same room as my body. “Ugh! Okay, I’m done here, you can put me back in my body now!” I yelled, looking upward.

Then I saw Dean walk over to my body and knelt beside me. “Dean, please don’t tell me you’re going to go all mushy on me” I pleaded, even though I knew he couldn’t hear me.

“Awe, come on Mel. Lets just hear what he has to say” Sam said, smiling lightly.

I sighed and looked back at Dean with sad eyes. “I don’t even know what to say right now…” He paused and grabbed my cold, dead hand. “I won’t lie to you…you were seriously a pain in my ass ever since we ran into each other in the bar…

I scoffed. “Yea, when you started hitting on me” I glared.

“But…I liked it” he chuckled without humor. “You and me…we have a history…and yea, I remember bits and pieces here and there but it’s not the same…I would give anything to remember…but I want you here to remember it with me…I need you here Mel…you and Sammy…”

He stopped as he started to get choked up and he stood up and began to pace slowly. I watched him carefully…and then he stopped in his spot and had this look on his face…

“Sam…I don’t like that look…” I stated. Then he ran out of the room. “Sam, where’s he going” I said in a panic. This couldn’t be good.

Then, a black smok started to circle around the two of us as Sam brought me closer to me as if he could protect e rom whatever it was. I felt us bein pulled in different directions as a hole in the floor opened up. It led to Hell...and I was the one it wanted to take. Sam grabbed my hand to try and keep my close but it was a struggle. This really couldnt be good.

Brittney’s POV

Dean raced out of the house without a word. He ignored me as I called after him…so I just sat in the room with Melissa, holding my head in my hands. I didn’t know what to do now…where to go from here. I jumped up in a huff and started to pace…I went for the door…but then I heard a gasp for air. I spun around and screamed a little as I saw Melissa sitting up. She looked over at me, breathing heavy and I lunged at her, hugging her tight. I couldn’t believe it. She was warm…her heart was beating…she was breathing.

“Whoa, someone’s a little too happy to see me” she commented, patting my back. She was really oblivious right now but I didn’t care, I had her back.

“Oh my God, I cant believe this…Sam!” I yelled and jumped off the bed.

I flew open the door and saw Sam stand up. I smiled brightly and jumped into his arms, hugging him tight. “Now you’re talking to me I guess?” he questioned.

“I’m not talking to you officially, I’m just showing some compassion” I said and he wrapped his arms around me tight.

My POV

Brit hasn’t told me what happened yet…she told me to wait for Dean to get back. I couldn’t remember much…I remember a lot of pain…and knocking Sam out of the way but I also remembered Sam got hurt. As Brit and Sam waited in the living room for Dean, I was waiting in the other room and I lifted my shirt to look at where I remembered the pain being. I shifted my belly button ring slightly to make sure nothing was really there…but nothing was there, not even a scar. I heard a door swing open and slam shut. I put my shirt back down and walked over to the door. I opened it and stuck my head out to see Dean hugging Sam. They let go and then Dean looked over at me. He stared at me in some kind of shock as he let go of Sam and faced me. I didn’t know why but I saw how distraught he looked…how sad he looked…

“Hey there” I said lightly and took a step toward him but then he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me so tight I couldn’t breath.

I was a little sore but I sucked it up as I gripped the back of his hair lightly. He seemed to really like that lately. I could feel something was very wrong…but I didn’t know what.

“Umm Dean” I tried to suck in some air.

“Sorry, sorry…I’m just happy to see you both up and around” he smiled, pulling away and then he kissed me. “Come on, sit down” he encouraged as he led me to a chair in the kitchen and Brit led Sam to Dean as Dean led Sam to another chair in the kitchen.

“Guys…what happened to us?” I finally asked them as they sat down with us. “What do you two remember?” Dean asked.

“We saw you, Brit and Bobby…Mel pushed me out of the way and I saw something stabbed her…and then I felt this pain. This sharp pain, like...like, white-hot, you know, and then you started running at me and...that's about it” Sam explained. “That’s pretty much what I remember” I nodded.

“That kid stabbed you in the back…” Brit said to Sam. “And you in the gut” she said to me.

“You both lost a lot of blood. It was pretty touch and go for awhile” Dean said. “But Dean, you can't patch up a wound that bad” Sam stated.

“Sure I can but Bobby and Brit took care of it. Who was that kid, anyway?”

“His name's Jake. Did you get him?”

“No, he disappeared into the woods”

“When we find him, I am going to tear up that son of a bitch” I said with venom as I shot up and so did the rest of them.

“Hold up killer. Take it easy” Brit said.

“We have to find him” Sam said.

“Brit’s right, easy there Van Damme. You both just woke up, all right? Let's get you something to eat. Huh? You want something to eat?” Dean asked and we both nodded.

We were all just sitting around the table as Sam and I got done explaining what went down while we were missing. "And that's when you guys showed up" Sam concluded and I nodded.

"That's awful. Poor Andy" Dean commented.

"The demon said he only wanted one of us to walk out alive..."

"Maybe two..." I added.

"He told you both that?" Brit asked.

Sam scoffed. "Yep, he appeared in a dream"

"He tell you anything else?" Dean asked.

"No. No. That was it. Nothing else. You know what I don't get, Dean, is if the demon only wanted one of us, then how did Jake, Mel and I all get away?"

"Well, I mean, they left you both for dead. I'm sure they thought it was over" Dean said, taking a big bite of his pizza.

I couldn't help but notice how Brit was eyeing Dean. I knew I felt something was wrong but could she feel it too? "So now that Yellow Eyes has Jake, what's he gonna do with him?" he continued.

"Don't know. But whatever it is, we have to stop him" I said.

"Well hold on. You both need to get your rest. We got time" Dean said, looking into my eyes.

"No, we don't" Sam objected.

"Yes we do" Brit insisted.

"Sam, oceans aren't boiling, okay? Frogs aren't raining from the sky. Let's get you your strength back first” Dean said.

"Well did you call the roadhouse? Do they know anything?"

"Yeah" he replied uneasily.

"Dean...what happened?" I asked.

"The roadhouse burned to the ground..."

"Ash is dead. Most likely Ellen too and a lot of other hunters, too" Brit added.

"Damn it...you think it's demons?" I asked, feeling a big lump in my throat.

"Yeah, we think so. We think because Ash found something" Dean said. "What did he find?" Sam asked.

"Bobby's working on that right now"

"Well, let's go, Bobby's only a few hours away" I said and stood up and so did they.

"Hold on Mel, God. You and Sam almost died. What would we have done if..." Brit started but stopped short.

"Can you just take care of yourselves for a little bit, huh? Just for a little bit?" Dean pleaded and I eyed him.

"I'm sorry. No" Sam said, sternly.

Dean shook his head. Sam and Brit headed out and I was about to follow but Dean stopped me. He put my face in his hands and kissed me hard. "Dean..." I started.

"Come on" he said quickly, grabbing my hand and led me out the door.

Brit and I got to the truck as the boys got to the Impala. "Brit...what's wrong with Dean?"

"I don't know Mel...you'd have to ask him" she murmured. They were both acting strange...and I was going to find out why.

We got to Bobby’s place and knocked on the door. When he answered the door...he looked back and forth from me to Sam. It was like in too much disbelief to see us…it was like he was staring at two ghosts…

“Hey Bobby” Dean’s voice chimed. “Hey Bobby” we all said.

“Sam…Melissa…it’s good to see…you up and around” he said as if he was trying to find his words. “Well thanks for patching us up” I smiled at him as he let us in. “Don’t mention it” he said slowly as we all walked inside.

“Well Sam and Mel are better. And we're back in it now, so...what do you know?” Dean asked.

Brittney’s POV

Bobby brought out a map and as he informed us on the demonic omens that have been going on, he explained they’ve been coming from one place: Southern Wyoming. The demons were surrounding one spot. Then, Bobby suggested Dean to help him get some more books from the truck and Mel volunteered to go as well and they both walked outside. As Sam was sitting at the desk, he started to look through some books and I walked over to him to look over his shoulder and at some other books but my mind was somewhere else. It really hurt being near Sam.

“I don’t like it when you look sad” he said, looking up at me.

“I’m sorry the look on my face isn’t pleasing to you” I muttered.

“Brittney…” he sighed.

“What Sam” I snapped.

“You haven’t been able to let me explain…please just talk to me”

“What’s there to explain? There’s nothing to talk about. You went off with Madison. It made it clear you didn’t like me that way, it’s okay. I’m a big girl, I can handle rejection. After what happened yesterday, I felt terrible because I thought you were gone and I didn’t want you thinking I hated you or something but I just…” I started to babble but was cut off as he quickly pushed the chair back and in one swift motion, his lips were on mine.

My back hit the wall as his hands went to my face and my arms wrapped around his neck as our lips moved in sync. It was the kiss I’ve been waiting for…it was the kiss I’ve dreamt of…it was the kiss that convinced me I didn’t want to ever be kissing anyone else ever again. Then we pulled away and he kept his forehead against mine.

“I’ve liked you for the longest time now…I just never thought you liked me back” he said and I laughed to myself. Then, Bobby, Mel and Dean came back in as Sam and I turned to look at them and Mel had tears in her eyes…and they had Ellen with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333