Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Morals of Life Dont Apply To Blood Suckers

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Vampires. The blood sucking, fang growing things. I always thought about what it would be like to become a vampire…I never wanted to become one. But, I wondered what happened when you did become one. Do you just forget what it was like to be human? Is the craving for blood so powerful that you just cant control yourself? You forget all the morals of life…or do you just forget everything all together? Because that’s what I was witnessing right now. We had a girl in front of us, tied to a chair in this abandoned warehouse…right after she attacked Dean but he got her with some dead man’s blood so she passed out…and even though she passed out, she should’ve been aware of everything…but right now, she was just being delirious. She had this look on her face that said she had no clue what was going on. She didn’t know what we were talking about when Sam and Dean started to interrogate her.

“Sorry. You're not going anywhere” Dean started. “Where's your nest?”

“What?”

“Your nest... where you and your bloodsucking pals hang out”

“I don't know what you're talking about. Please! I don't feel good” she pleaded.

I frowned, not taking my eyes off the girl. Something just wasn’t right. Sam lied to her and said if she told us everything we would let her go…I knew we weren’t letting her go. Especially if Dean has anything to say about it. She wasn’t leaving tonight…and knowing that, made me ach for her. It wasn’t fair. I didn’t agree with this but Brit and I kept nodding, going along with whatever the boys were saying. Yea, I’m the shoot first, ask later type but when it’s right in front of me and the shooting is going so slow…it makes me depressed…and it makes me realize how wrong it all is. She started telling us how she was at Spider, a club nearby, and she met this guy who was buying her drinks.

“This guy...what's he look like?” Sam asked.

“He was old, like thirty. He had brown hair, a leather jacket... Deacon or Dixon or something. Said he was a dealer...he had something for me”

“Something?"

“Something new. ‘Better than anything you've ever tried.’…he put a few drops in my drink"

“Was the drug red and thick?” Dean asked. She nodded. “Well, genius move there. That was vampire blood he dosed you with”

“What?”

“You just took a big shot of the nastiest virus out there”

“You're crazy! He gave me roofies or something! No...the next thing I know, we're at his place, and he says he's gonna get me something to eat, just wait. But I get so hungry"

“So you busted out?”

“But it won't ware off... whatever he gave me”

“Lights are too bright? Sunshine hurt your skin?”

“Yeah...and smells…and I can...hear blood pumping”

“I hate to tell you this, sweetheart, but your blood's never pumping again”

“Not mine...yours. I can hear a heart beating from half a block away. I just want it to stop” she cried a little. I got chills…and I don’t get chills all that easy.

“It's not going to stop. You've already killed two people...almost three” Dean continued.

“No, I couldn't. I was hallucinating!”

“You killed them, all right? We've been following a sloppy trail of corpses, and it leads straight to you”

“No. No, it wasn't real! It was the drug! Please! Please, you have to help me!” she pleaded. Sam gestured for all of us to follow him as we walked around the corner.

“Poor girl” Brit stated. “We don’t have a choice” Dean said and Sam and Brit nodded.

Then, he looked at me as if waiting for me to agree as well…like my opinion mattered at this point. He was going to kill her anyway. They all looked at me. I just shoved my hands into my pockets and then nodded solemnly. So, then Dean took his machete out and went back over to Lucy.

“No…please!” she begged but then we all watched Dean decapitate her.

We all flinched and I shut my eyes. I never noticed it before but the blood that comes out of a vampire smells different. It isn’t just the smell of iron and copper…there’s something else there…is that really all it takes to make us different from them? Different blood types?

We got to the Spider night club that Lucy had mentioned. Sam kept Brit close to him which was a good idea since the guy was aiming for blonds. Then, as we entered I felt a few heads turn and eyes were glued on Brit and I. Yea, we get it, we’re hot, doesn’t mean we want moronic perves to just stare at us. I felt Dean wrap his arm around my waist and people stopped looking at us once they saw we were with the guys. I swear, one look from Dean and it just sends people running. Sam had this look where he had all eyes for Brit and he was this sweet, caring boyfriend but if one guy even tried anything on her, he would snap them in two.

“Are you alright?” he whispered in my ear.

“Yea…I’m fine”

“You just seem…off your game…”

“I am not off my game” I pushed his arm off me. “I’m just…tired” I told him and he just nodded at me.

We continued to look around. “Look, Dean…” I started and he looked at me. “I…” I started but stopped when I saw a guy leave through the back with a ditsy blond. I looked over at Sam and Brit and pointed to the back and Dean turned to see the two leave out the door.

We all rushed outside and saw a guy that pretty much fit the description that Lucy gave us and he had the blond clinging to his arm, giggling. We all exchanged looks and started to follow them into the alley. We saw him hold up a dropper filled with red liquid in the air and she stuck her tongue out to catch the drops but then Dean grabbed the guys arm, pulled it down and then clocked him right in the face. Sam pulled the girl away and started to shove her toward the end of the alley where the street was and as he urged her to go and she saw Dean and the vampire battle, she took off running. The vampire hurled Dean into the brick wall beside us and then took off running as Brit and I took off toward Dean to help him up.

“I'm good. Come on” he said and we all went running in the same direction of the vampire.

We turned the corner and then started to slow down when we saw Gordon and somebody else. I looked at his face and saw it was the guy that had Brit and Sam tied up in the motel room when Sam had lost that damn rabbits foot. We all just stood there at first…and then the two douches just started shooting at us!

Brittney’s POV

We all ducked behind some parked cars to avoid getting shot at as we ducked behind a wall and I listened as they started to re-load their guns. “Alright. Run. I’ll draw them off” Dean said.

“What?! Are you crazy?” Sam hissed at him.

“No way am I going to let you have all the fun” Mel said and with that they both took off as more shots were heard.

“Seriously?” I spoke and then groaned in annoyance.

Sam took my hand and began to lead me away. We both hopped a fence and kept running. Once we were far enough away, we started walking. “Do you think Mel is okay?” I asked him suddenly.

“Yea…she’s with Dean…”

“No, I know that but…do you think she’s okay?” I emphasized. “She just seems off…and you know Mel, she doesn’t like to open up…especially to me sometimes. She thinks I cant really handle her emotions”

“You want me to try and talk to her?” he asked. “If you don’t mind” I smiled. He chuckled. “I’ll talk to her” he nodded. “Thank you” I leaned up and kissed him.

We got to the motel room and Sam and I were both worried and pacing a little bit. Then, Dean and Mel walked in. “There you are!” Sam said and I sighed with relief.

“Yeah. Sorry, we stopped for a slice”

“Nice move you pulled back there, guys, running right at the weapons”

“Well, what can we say? We’re bad-ass”

“So, I guess Gordon’s out of jail” Mel said, changing the subject quickly. “How the hell did he know where to find us?” I folded my arms.

“That bitch!” Dean spat suddenly.

Then he pulled out his phone and dialed a number. “Hi, Bela” he said. Bela?

“Question for you. When you called me yesterday, it wasn't to thank me for saving your ass, was it?…excuse me?…I don't know, maybe pick up the phone and tell us that a raging psychopath was dropping by!…he tried to kill us!…there were two of them…Bela, if we make it out of this alive, the first thing I'm gonna do is kill you….listen to my voice and tell me if I'm serious” he threatened and then hung up. Well that was weird.

None of us asked any questions though. Dean and I were sharpening his machete and my knife as Sam and Mel were cleaning the guns. I heard mumbled talk coming from Mel and Sam and right now I wished I could hear the way Mel does. I tried to focus on them and use the way she taught me but I just couldn’t.

“Hey…does Mel seem like she’s off her game lately? Or is it just me?” Dean whispered to me.

“No, it isn’t just you…she doesn’t tell me anything though…” I glared down at my knife and he chuckled at me.

I managed a smile but inside, I was aching. I felt nervous. Yea, my boyfriend was this tall, strong guy and my best friends…even though they weren’t talking to each other as much anymore, they still cared for me and I knew they wouldn’t let anything happen to me…but I felt kind of weak…physically and emotionally. I felt safe…but weak…and tired.

“Brit…when I’m gone…I need you to look out for Sammy…really look out for him. He’s going to be…well, not Sam…and I just need you to be there for him…” he said to me.

“You know I will, Dean” I said, sincerely.

“I know…just help him get by…and…even if you’re with Sam…don’t forget about Mel…don’t let her go too crazy okay?” he asked and I nodded.

My POV

“…Sam if you have something to say, please say it” I sighed.

“Nothing it’s just…are you alright?” he asked, eyeing me.

I laughed under my breath. “I’m fine…did Brittney tell you to talk to me?” I asked him and he shrugged slightly, looking down at his gun. “Sam…I’m just tired…do you know we’re always being chased by someone who wants to kill us?”

“Yea, I know…I grew up being chased by people who just wanted to kill my dad” he laughed a little.

“It gets tiring” I smiled at him.

“Yea” he smiled too.

“That’s all though…I’m just tired…I would love to just be able to sleep without worrying that someone’s going to bust through the door at any given moment…”

“That’s not all though…you’re tired of this whole Dean going to Hell thing. It makes you tired knowing he’ll be gone…but Mel, you should give him the best of the months he has left…and you know it’s not like me to say that and I’m trying so hard to keep him here…but in the meantime…just be with him, alright? Stop being so afraid and just go for it” he said and I just stared at him.

“Ya know…I’ve never had any other best friend besides Brittney…” I started but stopped. He grinned, waiting for me to continue. “Don’t make me say it” I pleaded.

He laughed and then just nodded. “Well, I’ve never actually had a best friend like you have Brittney…” he started and then stopped. I laughed lightly and nodded.

Then Sam sighed. “That vampire's still out there” he said, addressing all of us.

“First things first” Dean said.

“Gordon”

“About that. When we find him, or if he finds us...I'm just saying he's not leaving us a whole lot of options”

"Yeah, I know. We've got to kill him”

“Really? Just like that? I thought you would have been like, ‘No, we can't, he's human, it's wrong’” Dean said in a mocking kind of way.

“No, I'm done. Gordon's not gonna stop until we're dead...or till he is”

“Agreed” Brit and I both said. Dean nodded.

Then my phone started ringing. I looked at it and scowled. I answered it. “What do you want, Bela?” I snapped and Dean stood up angrily. “How did you get my number anyway?”

“I got it from Dean’s cell when he wasn’t looking but listen…I called you because I wouldn’t think Dean would answer…I don't like it when people hold grudges against me, and more to the point, I'd rather you and your boyfriend didn't kill me, so I went ahead and found Gordon's exact location for you”

“You're a hundred miles away. How the hell did you…”

“Hello? Purveyor of powerful occult objects? I used a talking board to contact the other side”

“And?”

“Warehouse. Two stories, riverfront, neon sign outside”

“Thanks, Bela”

“One more thing. The spirit had a message for you. ‘Leave town, run like hell, and whatever you do, don't go after Gordon.’ For whatever that's worth” she said and then hung up.

I looked at the others. “I know where Gordon is” I told them.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333