Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

No Rest For The Wicked Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~
Hope. It’s what keeps us going. It’s what keeps us hanging on. But when we run out of it…we lose everything. Everything we ever learned. Everything we were ever taught. We’re irrational. We’ll do anything to see some kind of light…we’ll do anything to hope again. It’s not just a feeling or emotion…it’s sometimes every part of our essence. We need hope to live…to survive. Without hope…there is no life.

~~~~~

Brittney’s POV

I’ve been a wife for twenty-one days now and things haven’t been the way a normal newly wedded couple should be experiencing their newly wedded time together…but when has anything been normal in my life? We’re losing time though…we aren’t going by months…weeks…or even days…we're going by hours…counting down to Dean going to Hell. Hours. Our last hope is finding Lilith…and we don’t even have a clear lead on that one. The past three weeks…Mel has been doing her best to keep up a shield and not show much emotion even though she was breaking down on the inside…so was I. I couldn’t bare the thought of Dean going to Hell…leaving all of us…but Sam and I were doing all the research we could think of. We were staying in a cabin when Sam got a hold of Bobby and he was already on his way to us. I walked into the living room and Dean had his head on the desk, sleeping as Mel was in the corner, reading some kind of spell book with occasional glances over at Dean. Then, he shot up in his seat and stared down at the desk before quickly shutting a book. Sam walked in and we both walked over to Dean as Mel shut the book and came over to us as well.

“Dig up anything good?” Sam asked Mel and Dean.

She shook his head as Dean replied with a ‘no’. Then, he cleared his throat. “Nothing good”

“Well, Bobby has. Finally. A way to find Lilith” Sam said with a broad smile.

“Oh. With just uh…thirty hours to go” he said as he looked at his watch. Then he smiled and was just looking at Sam. “Hey, why don't we just make a TJ-run, yeah? You know…some senoritas, cervezas uh- we could...what's Spanish for ‘donkey show’?” he said and I laughed lightly as Sam snickered and Mel rolled her eyes, smacking him upside the head and he laughed.

“So if we do save you...let's never do that” Sam said.

“Yeah…” his voice trailed off and started looking down.

Then Sam sat down in a chair next to Dean, facing him. “Hey, Dean…look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you…”

We’re not gonna let you” I corrected, staring right at Dean’s eyes. “I swear. Everything's gonna be ok” Sam added.

I watched as Dean suddenly looked scared…really scared…he glanced from Sam, to me, to Mel and then his eyes landed on Sam again and he seemed to be slightly calmer.

“Yea…okay” he finally nodded.

I couldn’t help but eye him skeptically…of course Mel didn’t notice, the one time she probably should’ve…but in that split second, it was like Dean saw something…something we didn’t see…I tried to shrug it off though.

~~

Bobby got to us and he put a map of the states on the table and then placed some kind of old tracking device over it. Apparently it wouldn’t just give us the town, it would also be able to give us the name of the street she’s on. Bobby started to little ritual and started to swing the pendulum and as we all watched, the pendulum just stopped pointing to New Harmony, Indiana…that’s where she was.

“Alright. Let's go” Sam said.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. Let's all shut up there, Tex” Dean said.

“What's the problem?”

“What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's Intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head and Brit’s tiny brain on a pike along with Mel’s body just to torture…should I continue?” he mentioned.

“Hey!” I complained.

“Ain't you just bringing down the room” Bobby said, sarcastically.

“Yeah, well it's a gift”

“I'm sorry, so then what are we supposed to do, Dean?” Sam questioned.

“Just 'cause I gotta die doesn't mean you have to, okay. Either we go in smart or we don't go in at all”

“Ok fine. If that's the case I have the answer”

“You do?”

“Yeah. A surefire way to confirm it's Lilith and a way to get us a bona fide demon-killing ginsu”

“Damn it Sam, no” Dean said, turned to walk away a few steps.

“We're so passed arguing. Dean, I am summoning Ruby”

I felt queasy just at the thought of the whores name. Dean spun around to give his signature hard stare to Sam. “The hell you are! We have enough problems as it is”

“Exactly. And we've got no time and no choice either”

“Come on man, she is the Miss Universe of lying skanks, okay. She told you that she could save me. Lie. She seems to know everything about Lilith but forgot to mention, oh right, Lilith owns my soul!”

“Okay, fine. She's a liar. She's still got that knife”

“Dean…” Bobby tried.

Mel and I just stood side by side, shaking our heads at our bickering boyfriends...well my husband and her boyfrend. “For all we know, she works for Lilith” Dean continued.

“Then give me another option, Dean. I mean, tell me what else”

“Sam's right” Bobby stated.

“No damn it!” Dean shouted.

I saw Bobby was shocked by Dean’s outburst toward him. “Dean!” Mel chided.

He looked at her, then at Bobby and then at me and Sam and he became calm again. “Just no. We are not gonna make the same mistakes all over again…you guys wanna save me? Find something else” he said and we all looked at him in shock as we watched him back over to the desk.

Sam sighed and Bobby grabbed his jacket. “Where are you going, Bobby?” Sam asked. He threw his arms out in exasperation. “I guess to...find something else” he said and left.

Mel walked into the other room where Dean was and I went to go see how she was doing but Sam grabbed my hand. I spun around to look up into his brown eyes as he grabbed both of my hands gently.

“You’re not going to like what I’m going to do” he said in a hushed tone, staring into my eyes.

I sighed. “You’re going to summon Ruby aren’t you” He nodded. “Sam…”

“Brit, please just side with me on this one. I don’t know what else to do and I will do anything I can to keep Dean with us”

I stared up at him for a sad moment. “I know you will and so will I…and I’ll always side with you…even if I don’t like it at all” I narrowed my eyes. “Thank you” he said, kissing me.

Then, he led me downstairs and Sam set up the summoning ritual and started to recite some Latin. I just hung back, crossing my arms. I did not approve of this one bit…but I loved Sam…so I came to support him (somewhat) and just make sure Ruby kept her distance from him. Then, Ruby finally showed up.

“You know, phones work too” she said to Sam, leaning against the wall. “Wow, wouldn’t expect to see you here too. Guess you really need something”

“Wasn’t my idea, I’m just here for Sam” I said, monotonously.

We started to have a stare off…like usual. Neither of us were glaring or sneering…but it was a competitive stare off. “How do you get around so fast?” Sam quickly intervened. “I got the Super Bowl jet pack…so, you called?” she asked, walking toward him.

“Did you know?” he demanded.

“Uhm I’m gonna need a tiny bit more”

“About Dean's deal. Did you know that Lilith holds the contract” I snapped.

“Yes, I did”

“And…what? You didn't think that was important?” Sam said, sarcastically.

“You weren't ready”

“For what?” I asked him as I uncrossed my arms, walking forward as well. Sam gave me a smug look saying I thought you weren’t going to talk. I just glared at him and shrugged. Then, I looked at Ruby for an answer.

“If I told you, you four yahoos would have just charged after her half-cocked and Lilith would have peeled the meat from your pretty, pretty faces”

“Well, we're ready now. I want your knife” Sam said.

“You're right about one thing. You are ready. And now's the time, too. Lilith's guard's down” “Is that so?” “She's on shore-leave. A little R&R”

“The hell's that mean?”

“Trust me, you don't wanna know. You didn't loose those hex bags I gave you?”

“We've got 'em”

“Good. Then she won't sense that you're coming”

“So you'll give us the knife?” I asked her.

“No”

“But you just said…”

“You wanna charge in with one little pig-sticker? It's a waist of a true-blue window. Like getting Hitler with that exploding briefcase. Forget it”

“Okay, then how?” Sam demanded, getting agitated.

“I know how to save your brother, Sam”

“No, you don't! You told Dean you couldn't! You've been lying to me all along, so just give me your damn knife!”

“You're not the one I've been lying to”

“Oh, so you can save him” I said, sarcastically.

“No. But you can. You both can”

“What?” we both said, completely confused now. Cant this bitch just give us a straight up truth for once?

“Sam…Brittney…you guys have got some God-given talent. Well, not God-given but you get the jist”

“All that psychic crap? That's gone ever since Yellow-eyes died” Sam said and I nodded.

She shook her head though. “Not gone. Dormant. And not just visions either. Why do you think Lilith is so scared of you? She’s terrified of you…Brittney…and Melissa…especially Melissa” she laughed like there was some joke we missed.

“Yea, right

“If you all wanted and you teamed up together…” she rose her eyebrows as if being impressed by something. “You could wipe her off the map without moving a muscle”

“We don't believe you” I stated.

“It's the truth”

“And you decided to tell us this just now?” Sam inquired.

“Umm…demon. Manipulative is kinda in the job description. Fact is, is that you would have never considered it. Not until you were…”

“Desperate enough?” Sam filled in for her.

She shrugged…but then looked directly at Sam like I wasn’t in the room anymore. “You don't like being different. You hate the way Dean looks at you sometimes. Like you're some kind of sideshow freak…”

Then, she snapped her eyes at me. “And you. I know you hate feeling like you’re Melissa’s side kick…you feel like she would be just fine without you…but you both have to suck it up because we've got a lot of ground to cover, and we've gotta do it fast. But we can do it”

I noticed Sam clenched his jaw. Then I saw Ruby’s expression lightened up slightly. “Look. Call me a bitch. Call me anything you want…” she eyed me for a moment. “Hate me all you want, but I have never lied to you Sam. Not ever. And I'm telling you. You can save your brother, and I can show you how”

“So that's you, huh? Our slutty little Yoda” a voice said…and I knew it was Dean.

We all looked to see Dean and Mel coming down the stairs to the basement. “Dean…charming as ever” Ruby said.

“Aw, I knew you'd show up. Because I knew Sam wouldn't listen” Dean said.

“Didn’t think Brittney would go along with it though…shame on me for thinking that…but you are not gonna teach them anything” Mel spoke and I avoided her eyes.

“Exactly. You understand? Over my dead body” Dean added.

“Oh. Well, you're right about that” Ruby said.

“What you are gonna do is give me that knife. And then you can just go crawl back into whatever slop you came from and never bother me, my brother or the girls ever again. Are we clear?”

“Your brother and the girls are carrying a bomb inside of them and we'd be stupid not to use it” Ruby said and I looked up to see how Mel would react.

But, she kept up a hard look…maybe she already knew… “Dean, look, just hold on for one…” Sam started.

“Sam! Don't. Come on man, what, are you blind? Can't you see that this is a trick?” Dean said, getting really annoyed and angry.

“That's not true”

“She wants you both to give into this whole demonic psychic whatever, okay. I mean hell, she probably wants you to become her little anti-Christ Super Stars”

“No, I actually want Melissa too. I think they’d make a great trio” she said but no one found her humorous…and she knew it because she continued. “I want Lilith dead. That's all”

“Why?” Mel asked, shrugging.

“I've told you why!” Ruby claimed, getting angry.

“Oh, right, yeah. Because you were human once and you liked kittens and long walks on the beach” Dean mocked.

“You know, I am so sick of proving myself to you. You wanna save yourself, this is how. You dumb, spineless dick” she spat.

Dean looked at her for a minute as if accepting what she called him…then he turned to leave but then he swung back around and clocked her right in the face. I jumped a little as Sam and I both backed up, completely surprised by the punch. Ruby stumbled a little and then wiped the blood from her lip and after a moment…she punched him with her right fist and then again with her left. Mel jumped in right away as Ruby went for a third punch but Mel grabbed her arm twisting it all the way around, behind Ruby’s back but she broke free, smacking Mel in the face and she stumbled.

“Ruby!” Sam yelled and went to stop her.

But, then she spun hitting him in the back of the head so he doubled over and she kneed him in the face so he flew back into me as my back hit the beam and we both slid to the floor. Son of a bitch!

I watched as Ruby kicked Mel in the face and sent her flying to the stairs. Then she got Dean in the stomach so he fell to the ground and she kicked him in the stomach again but then Mel ran, jumped on Ruby’s back, spun her around and got off as she flew Ruby into a poll. I saw her spin to glare at Mel and she stalked toward her. She swung at her but she ducked and then spun her body so her leg swept under Ruby and she came falling to the ground. Then Mel punched her twice in the face but then Ruby got in a swing at Mel’s face and then grabbed her head and head butt her so she fell over to the side of Ruby. I started to help Sam up as all I could do was watch Ruby punch Mel once more and then kick her twice in the stomach. Then, she rolled over more and I saw a smile start to form on her face as she slowly started to rise to her feet.

“The hell are you grinning at?” Ruby spat.

“Missing something?” she questioned and then held up a knife…Ruby’s knife.

“I'll kill you, you son of a bitch” she spat and lunged for Mel but then was stopped by some invisible force.

Dean got to Mel’s side to help her up and he was grinning as well. We all looked up and saw a Devil’s Trap was painted to the ceiling.

“Aww and I thought I was supposed to be part of your trio” Mel coughed out, smirking.

Ruby looked at them, obviously pissed…while Sam and I looked at them, obviously shocked. “Like I said...I knew you'd come” Dean said.

Then, they both turned to walk up the stairs as they were helping each other stand and walk. “Wait! You're just gonna leave me here?” Ruby called.

They both stopped and just looked at us. “Let's go guys” Dean grunted.

Sam and I quickly got to them to make sure they wouldn’t collapse down the stairs. “Oh, oh…so you're just too stupid to live, is that it? Then fine! You deserve Hell! I wish I could be there, Dean. I wish I could smell the flesh sizzle off your bones! I wish I could be there to hear you scream!” she yelled after us.

“And I wish you'd shut your pie-hole, but we don't always get what we want” Dean yelled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333