Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Bloody Mary Brings Us Closer To The Truth

“Dean!” a little girl’s voice giggled. “Come on Melissa! You have to catch up!” a little boy’s voice added as the little girl was pushed to the ground. I was the little girl. I was around five years old, I knew that much…but the little boy…it couldn’t be… “Hey! You cant push a girl!” he defended, pushing back the older kid and he fell and then went crying to his mommy. In my head, I laughed at him, but on the outside, I noticed I was crying. “You okay?” the little boy helped me up. I nodded and quickly wiped away my tears. “I’m it!” I cheered and we continued to run. I chased him around a tree until we both got so dizzy, we just fell to the ground and started laughing. Then, we just laid there under the tree…staring up at the sky…without any cares in the world…

“Mel? You awake?” Brit said, shaking me a little. I opened my eyes slowly and gently, thinking about the very vivid dream. “That girl, Charlie, she called Dean, we have to go see her” she said. I nodded and sat up. I stood and got ready quickly, trying to forget the dream I woke up from.

We met Charlie on a bench nearby her school and she just got done explaining how her other friend, Jill, was found dead. “…and they found her on the bathroom floor and her eyes were gone…” she sobbed a little but she wasn’t crying.

“I’m sorry” I said sincerely, sitting beside her.

“And she said it. I heard her say while we were on the phone…but it couldn’t be because of that, I’m insane right?” she asked.

“No you’re not insane” Sam said but it wasn’t the answer she wanted.

“That makes me feel so much worse…”

“Look, we think something is happening here. It’s something that cant be explained” Brit said.

“And if we’re gonna stop it…” I started.

“We could use some help” Dean finished.

~

Before I knew it, we were all climbing a tree to get into Jill’s house. Charlie raced to the window to let us in. “What did you tell Jilly’s mom?” Sam asked.

“I just said I needed some time alone with her pictures and things…I hate lying to her”

“Trust me, it’s for the greater good…” Dean said.

“Lights” Brit nodded at me and I shut the lights off as they shut the curtains to make it dark in the room. Sam took out the video camera.

“What are you guys looking for?” Charlie asked.

“We’ll let you know as soon as we find it” I assured her.

“Night vision” Sam said as he attached a special light to the camera and activated it as it was pointed in Dean’s face. So he came up on the small screen. “Do I look like Paris Hilton?” he joked. We all ignored him and Sam just started to look around.

“So I don’t get it. The first victim didn’t summon Mary but the second did. How’s she choosing them?” Charlie asked.

“I wanna know why Jill said it in the first place” I said.

“It was just a joke…” she stressed.

“Well somebody else is gonna say it in a matter of time” Brit stated.

She was right. But, how were we going to stop something we don’t even know how to catch…Sam went over to the long, vertical mirror hanging on the wall and he took it off as he started to shine the light on it.

“Hey, you have the black light in your trunk right?” he asked Dean. I guess he got something.

Dean came back with the black light and we shined it on the back of the mirror. It said the name, Gary Bryman and there was a hand print. “Do you know who that is?” Brit asked Charlie.

“No” she said, shaking her head, looking at it like it was the craziest thing shes ever seen…it probably was.

We got back to the bench nearby her school once Sam did some more research. Gary Bryman was an eight year old boy who was killed in a hit and run…no one got the plates or saw the driver but turns out it was Jill. We decided to head back to Donna’s house. Jill managed to get us in and we went right up to the bathroom. Sam used the black light on the back of the bathroom mirror and we saw the name Linda Shoemaker with more handprints. We all gave each other looks.

“I don’t understand…” Charlie started.

“Charlie, how did Mrs. Shoemaker die?” Sam asked.

“She overdosed on some pills…”

“Was Donna’s father stable…” Brit said carefully, choosing her words with precision.

“Stable…what? Do you think he killed her?” she asked like it was the craziest thing she ever heard…it probably was.

Then heard the door downstairs. We all walked down the staircase to see Donna. “Jill, what‘s going on” Donna hissed as we all came face-to-face.

“They’re just trying to help…”

“Donna, how did your mom exactly die?” Dean said immediately. Way to be blunt Dean.

“What? Why are you asking me this?”

“He’s sorry…” I said, giving him a look. “But it’s kind of important” I said lightly, looking at Donna.

“My mom overdosed. It was an accident that’s it…I think you should all leave, right now” she said and we all just nodded and walked out.

“Oh my god, you really think it could’ve been her dad that could’ve killed her mom?” Charlie asked. “Maybe…” Brit said.

“I think I should stick around”

“Alright…but whatever you do, don’t…” Sam started.

“Oh believe me, I wont say it”

~~~~~~~~

Dean and Sam went back to the motel as Brit and I did some researching of our own…and we may have got something. We knocked on the boys door and Sam let us in, shutting the door once we were in.

“Okay, we did a nation wide search and…” I started.

“See? Told you it was a good idea” Dean muttered but I ignored him.

“It seems like there’s a pattern…with Mr. Shoemaker and Jill’s hit and run, both had secrets where people died”

“And there’s a lot of folk lore where mirrors reveal all lies, the true reflection of the soul, which is why it’s bad luck to break them…” Brit added.

“And maybe if you have a secret, like where someone died, Mary sees it and punishes for it, weather you’re the one who summoned her or not. Look at this” I handed Dean a paper we printed out and Sam looked over his shoulder.

“It looks like the same handprint…her name is Mary Worthington”

“She’s part of an unsolved murder in Wayne Indiana” Brit finished. Dean looked up from our research.

“Do you two always talk like that?” I rolled my eyes at him. “Come on” I sighed, grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him out the door as Sam and Brit followed.

While Sam and Dean went in to talk to the man who was a cop on the case of Mary Worthington, Brit and I just hung out, leaning against the truck. We thought since we did all the research, they should do all the talking so this time we didn’t mind waiting. When they came out they told us what they found out. Apparently Mary was murdered by someone cutting her eyes out but it was so skillful that it was believed to be a surgeon and she spelt out the letters TRE on the mirror which would make sense if her killer was Trevor the surgeon…and the guy she was having an affair with. In her journal, she said she was going to tell Trevor’s wife about the affair. They man inside about the mirror that Mary wrote the letters on but he didn’t have any more information…so we were kind of stumped again.

On the car ride back to the hotel, Sam called me and he informed me about how Mary’s family sold the mirror a week ago to a store and wherever the mirror goes, Mary goes, so we find the mirror, we smash it and Mary’s done…I was looking forward to it. But, then I got another call. “Hello?”

“Melissa…”

“Charlie?”

~~

I started to pick up the pace as I got Brit to tell the guys to meet us at the hotel. We got Charlie and I helped her walk to the truck and get in as I ordered her to keep her eyes shut and her head down so she could see her reflection in anything. I told her to stay like that until the whole time and she listened. We got to the hotel, I got out and walked her inside and to the guys room. They already had started covering up anything that gave a reflection. I sat Charlie on the bed and she got to the middle, curling herself into a ball, bringing her head to her knees. Brit sat with her as I began to help. Dean nodded over at the TV and I got a sheet to cover it. We had the blinds shut and just about everything covered so it was pretty dark in the room but it wasn’t too bad. I walked back over to Charlie and put a hand on her arm.

“Hey, it’s okay, you can open up your eyes now” I said gently and she lifted her head slowly as Dean and Sam joined us on the bed as well. “Listen, it’s okay, you’re going to stay right here on this bed and not look at glass or anything that has a reflection and as long as you do that, she cant get you” I told her.

“I cant keep this up forever, I’m going to die aren’t I” her voice cracked a little.

“No, not anytime soon” Sam assured her.

“Alright, Charlie we have to know what happened” Dean said and he was somewhat gentle about it.

“I was in the bathroom at school and Donna said…”

"That’s not what we’re talking about…something happened didn’t it…in your life…there’s a secret where someone got hurt” Brit assumed.

“Can you tell us about it?” I asked, lightly.

She hesitated slightly, thinking…terrified. “I had this boyfriend…I loved him but he kind of scared me too ya know. One night at his house we got into a fight and I broke up with him. He got upset and said he needed me and loved me and said ‘Charlie if you walk out that door right now, I’m going to kill myself’…and you know what I said? I said ‘go ahead’ and then I left. How could I say that? How could I leave him like that. I just didn’t believe him ya know? I should’ve” she explained and my heart ached for her.

We promised her we would be back soon and when we got back, it would all be over. Brit decided she would stay with Charlie and we felt it might have been best. So, Sam, Dean and I left the room and agreed it would be easier if we just took the Impala. I got in the back and Dean started driving. I knew it was a bad idea as soon as it was suggested.

“Ya know…her boyfriend killing himself isn’t really Charlie’s fault” Sam started.

“You know as well as I do that spirits don’t see shades of gray…” Dean said.

“It’s true…Charlie had a secret…someone died, it’s good enough to Mary” I (surprisingly) agreed with him.

“Yea, I guess…I’ve been thinking…what if it’s not enough to just smash the mirror?”

“What do you mean?” Dean asked.

“Well…if she moves around from mirror to mirror, who’s to say she wont just hide forever…so maybe we should try to pin her down…summon her to her mirror and then smash it”

“How do you know that’ll work?” I asked.

“I don’t. Not for sure”

“Who’s going to summon her?” Dean asked.

“I will. She’ll come after me” Sam said before I could open my mouth to speak.

“Ya know what, that’s it” Dean muttered, pulling to the side of the road. “This is about Jess, isn’t it. You think it’s your dirty little secret, you think you killed her somehow. Sam this has gotta stop man. I mean the nightmares and calling her name in the middle of the night, it’s all going to kill you. Now listen to me, it’s not your fault. You want to blame something, blame the thing that killed her. If you want, take a swing at me, I’m the one who dragged you away from her in the first place…”

I cant believe I’m going to say this…but I couldn’t help but melt a little while listening to how concerned Dean was for Sam. “Umm I can do it…” I said quietly but they didn’t hear me.

“I don’t blame you” Sam said with sad eyes.

“Well you shouldn’t blame yourself, there was nothing you could’ve done”

“I could’ve warned her”

“About what? You didn’t know it was going to happen…and besides, all of this wasn’t a secret. I know all about it so it wont work with Mary anyway”

“Guys, I can do it” I said a little louder but they still didn’t hear me.

“You don’t”

“I don’t what?”

“You don’t know all about it…I didn’t tell you everything”

“What are you talking about?"

“It wouldn’t be a secret if I told you”

“No, I don’t like it, it’s not going to happen so forget it”

“Guys! I said I’ll do it!” I said it louder so they both turned to look at me. “Sam, Dean really doesn’t want you saying it, so…”

“I don’t want you saying it either” he said immediately. I gave him a weird look. “No, no one is saying anything in front of any mirrors”

“Dean, there is a girl back there who is going to die unless we do something about it and who knows how many will die after that. We’re going to do this weather it’s Sam or me…” I said fiercely but calmed down a little. “But…you have to let me do this” I finished lightly and Sam was giving me a look.

He knew why I had to. Dean stared into my eyes and I stared back into his green ones. Sam was giving him a look now. He just started the car back up and continued driving.

~

We got to the mirror shop and I picked the lock with ease. We all walked in and saw hundreds of mirrors all over the place. “Just great…lets start looking” I sighed and we split up.

“Maybe they already sold it” Dean tried.

Sam and I were silent…then I came to a mirror. “No, I don’t think so” I said back to him and they both got to me.

We all looked at the mirror in the picture and mirror right in front of us. It had the same design. We all just stared at it and then I took a deep breath. “Are you sure about this Melissa?” Dean asked, getting so close to me, it was almost intimate.

I could feel his breath tingle my ear. I turned my head toward him slightly but looked away from his face as his eyes were hard on mine as he held a pipe in his hand for me to take. I just nodded, taking the pipe from him. Then we all heard an engine and saw some lights.

“Damn…I’ll go check it out…”

“I’ll go with you” Sam offered.

“No, you stay here and keep an eye on her” Dean ordered, eyeing Sam as they had some kind of silent moment…just like Brit and I do sometimes.

“And smash anything that moves” he added, then looked at me and then turned to walk toward the front. I looked at Sam and he nodded so I looked at myself in the mirror. It was now or never.

“Bloody Mary…Bloody Mary…” I looked at Sam again and then quickly back into the mirror. “Bloody Mary” I finished.

I gripped the pipe tightly in my hands. I saw her in one of the mirrors and I smashed it. Instead of waiting for her, I just started to smash all of the mirrors around me. “Come on…come into this one” I muttered.

But then…my reflection made a pose that I didn’t make and…it smirked…while the lips on my face frowned in confusion. “It’s your fault Melissa…you killed them…you killed them all” my reflection claimed.

Suddenly, I felt a warm liquid run down my cheeks…and I collapsed to the floor as my chest tightened, needing more air since I was only able to take small gasps. Pain inside me was hurting me too much to breath correctly.

“And you…you killed Jessica!” I saw Sam’s reflection shout and then Sam was on the ground with blood running down his eyes as well.

“All of those dreams you were having about your family…your sister and your mom…and your dad…you were daddy’s little girl though…and you knew about what was out there…but you didn’t think anything of it…and oh my, you’ve never told anyone about Dean…” my reflection taunted.

“You…shut up!” I grunted.

“And little Sammy…you’ve never told the truth….those nightmares you’ve been having of Jessica dying…screaming. Burning. You had these dreams way before Jessica died! You were just so desperate to be normal you wanted to believe they were just dreams. How could you ignore that? You left her alone to die. You dreamt it would happen!” Sam’s reflection shot at him. Then, suddenly Dean smashed the mirror of mine and Sam’s reflections.

“Sammy? Sammy…god you’re okay” Dean said with relief as I watched him race to Sam’s aid.

I just laid my head on the floor and then Dean looked at me and jumped to my side. “Mellissa…can you hear me? Are you alright?” he demanded. I let out a laugh.

“I bet you’re really getting a kick out of seeing me like this” I tried to joke.

“Never” I heard him murmur, grinning. “Come on” he said louder, lifting me to my feet with such ease my feet barely touched the ground.

He got Sam (who was already standing-slumping-somehow I missed it) to wrap his arm around his shoulders as he was also holding me up with his arm wrapped around my waist.

I looked at Dean’s face…he was determined just to get us out of the store…and right when I thought we were done and that we were going to make it out…we heard glass cracking on the floor. We all turned around and saw Mary stepping toward slowly…she reminded me of the girl from The Ring. When I looked at Dean again, his eyes were bleeding too now and we all ended up on the floor. We were all just sitting ducks…waiting for our eyes to liquefy…I managed to look up and see a mirror close by. I did my best to push myself up and slide across the floor to the mirror. I noticed Dean was right next to me. He nodded as he lifted it up and put it in front of Mary so she saw her reflection.

“You killed them…all of those people! You killed them!” it shouted at her and her eyes began to bleed.

Then her whole body turned to blood and splattered on the ground. Dean and I just laid there…looking at each other. I looked into his eyes and wondered if he heard anything that Mary said to me…

“Hey guys” he grunted.

“Yea” Sam and I grunted back.

“This has gotta be like…what, 600 years bad luck?” he said and I forced out a chuckle as I turned onto my back. Sam just shook his head.

We got to Dean’s car and used a rag to clean off the blood on our faces. “Hey Sam”

“Yea”

“Now that this is all over, I want you to tell me what the big secret is”

“Look…you’re my brother and I’d die for you but there are some things I need to keep for myself” Dean stayed silent, glancing at Sam.

Then he looked at me in the rearview mirror. “How about you…do you have something to share with us?”

“Dean…you’re now a colleague of mine and you haven’t given me a reason to die for you yet but there are some things that I have to keep to myself” I mocked slightly, messing up Sam’s hair and he laughed lightly, fixing it.

Dean cracked a small smile as he looked at Sam laughing but I could tell he wanted a serious answer…I couldn’t just give it to him though…not yet.

~

We picked up Brit and Charlie and drove her home in the Impala. Dean stopped and parked the car in front of the house. “This is really over?” she asked.

“Yea…it’s over” I assured her.

“Thank you” she said sincerely and got out. Then, Sam rolled down the window.

“Charlie…your boyfriend’s death…you should really try to forgive yourself. No matter what you did, you couldn’t have stopped it. Sometimes bad things just happen” She smiled and nodded and then walked away.

“That’s good advice” Dean said and then drove off.

Brit leaned over to me. “Am I missing something?” she asked. “I’ll fill you in later” I told her and she nodded.

We got back to the motel and in the morning we left. Brit and I got into the truck, following Dean and Sam out of town and I finished explaining to her what went down last night. “Man, I miss all the good stuff” she complained.

“Ha, yea” I said, faking the humor. “But what I don’t get…is why Mary went after you…you seemed to have failed to mention why” she said and I could tell she was staring me down as I just tried to ignore her and stare at the road in front of me.

I thought about what sam had said to Dean. “Brit…you’re pretty much my sister, you know that and you know that I love you and I would die for you…but sometimes…I just have to keep some things to myself” I tried explaining.

“But I tell you everything. There was no doubt in my mind when I told you about my weird visions and about weird feelings I get…why do you doubt telling me things?”

“It’s not that I doubt telling you. It’s just that…I need to keep to myself…”

“It’s going to eat you alive Mel…until you tell someone”

“I know…but when that time comes, you’ll be the first to know” I tried joking with her…she didn’t fall for it. She just stared out at the road in front of us, giving it a hard, stern look. I sighed.

I couldn’t tell her what was going on with me…she would freak…I’m pretty sure she would. I could tell Sam…I know he’d understand…but what if Brit found out I did that? She’d be devastated. I rolled down the window and put my elbow on the edge of the door, holding my head in my hand as I used my other hand to drive. What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333