Status: Searching for Co-Authors (Please message Teddysaur if you wish to be one.)

What Started as a Crush

Confession #14

What started as my first crush began back in third grade. I was taking my test that time, looking down at my paper, when my pencil just snapped. I got up to the sharpener, and when I turned around and sat back down I looked up to find you staring. You had those bright, intelligent blue eyes that I swore I knew I felt like I was in love. It was simply mere childish nonsense, though.

The next year, I remembered I heard you crying. I couldn't approach you, God forbade as I was so shy and distant back then, and you just tore up in the boys bathroom silently. I knew why: everyone had teased him, laughed at him, for his overly intelligent mind and, as we have realized now, a photographic memory (to this day, he's never gotten anything under an A.) Still, through those years I've caught you staring, and each time my heart skipped a little beat. By the time 5th grade came up, in the end of the year you had moved to New York. What time flies by, and what silliness I felt for you. Now, I may call you a jerk for laughing at the mere smart who can't compare to you (jerk!) but we all were jerks to you back then, so I'd say we're even through the small cries of "jerk" towards you.

You may be across the whole country, and I may have lost my first crush in interest, but I will say that my little childish self still loves you, even though the "me" to this day calls you a greedy, unforgivable jerk.