Status: Finished

You'll Find Out On Your Own

She's No You

Time seemed to fly by quickly. Christmas past and before I knew it Valentines day was creeping nearer.

I shut my locker down and jumped giggling seeing Brian their. “Scared ya?” he smirked. I rolled my eyes and started walking away. “Hey!!” He whined running up to me. “What?” I asked glaring at him. He pulled me aside from the end of the day, hall way traffic and to a set of lockers. Pressing his body against mine and his lips connecting with mine as well, our hands tangled in one another's while a grin grew on my face. He pulled away but our faces were still close. “We're still on tonight?” he whispered. I nodded. We had a date, nothing new or nothing special just us two. “Ok, well I got to go, if I'm late for work again my boss will fire me this time” he said lowly. I nodded and pushed him off me keeping one of his hands in my own as we made our way out to our cars. He always usually drove me these last few months, his parents finally gave in a bought him a decent car for Christmas but today I had brought my own.

I stopped at his car and kissed him. “Seven” he murmured between our lips. I nodded before lightly grazing over his lips again before turning and walking over to my lonely car. I unlocked it and got inside.

On the way home I headed into the grocery store, my mom had told me to go grab some things before I got home, she was going to be late and so that meant I'd be alone for awhile. I grabbed the things she said for me to get and a couple things I wanted before heading to cash and then back to my car. The ride home was nothing short of boring. The only noise that could be heard was the sound of the music lightly playing out my speakers.

When I pulled into the driveway I noticed who was across the road. Now I usually didn't care once starting to date Brian, actually after we hooked up I didn't even noticed Matt in the halls at school let alone if he was home or not.
But since I was alone and seemed to notice I couldn't help but watch. Her small figure wisped by him as tears filled her eyes. “WHAT EVER MATT! I'M THROUGH WITH THESE GAMES!” She screamed and got into her small sports car. Matt stood in his doorway, arms crossed and he looked away. I was taken back. My jaw hung as I quickly headed inside the house so it wasn't obvious I was staring at this situation. She sped out of the driveway. So the two were over. Matt finally got his dose of real life. Though he was the one to mess up? I found that really weird...really, really weird.

I dropped the food off in the kitchen and then started putting them away when their was a knock on the door. I froze and then slowly proceeded to the door. I opened it and was taken back.

“Hey” he spoke softly. “Uh, Hi” I said. He stood in front of me awkwardly. Why was he here? “Um, Can we uh...talk?” he asked. I smirked. “Why? We haven't spoke in months Matt, what is their to talk about?” I asked. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked up to me. “Emily I just...I have no one else” he spoke sadly. “Fine, come in but you can't stay long, I have a date with Brian” I said and he stepped in. “So, you two are still going huh?” “Yeah, and you and...” I asked though knew the answer. “Uh, no. She hates me, you know I thought we were perfect for each other...” he laughed. “But I guess I was so wrong” He added. “Where did you go wrong?” I asked walking back into the kitchen to finish up putting away the food. He sat down. “Uh, well she got pissed off at me because I wouldn't shut up about this other girl. She was the one to actually break my heart not Jenny” he said quietly. I turned and rolled my eyes. Who ever this new chick was I wasn't interesting in him blabbing on about her, I've been through that once, twice wasn't going to happen.

“That's great Matt. I'm glad you've realized she wasn't meant for you though I told you that years ago” I sassed back. He rolled his eyes as I walked out of the kitchen. He got up and grabbed my arm I turned and glared at him. “What?” “Hah, you don't know who she is do you?” he asked. I shrugged. “I could care less Matt” I said and sighed as he still held on to my arm. “She's you Emily” My eyes widened and I looked up into his. He smiled and before I had a chance to react his lips were on mine. I froze. This was not happening... but as much as I didn't want to believe it, it all was actually happening. “She was no you” he said breathless. “I-Uh, Um...” I stood faintly an overwhelming feeling fell over me. “Matt” I pushed him away. “I have a date with Brian” his face fell. “I know. But this is going to be hard” he spoke weakly. I nodded. What was I suppose to do now. I loved Matt, I had a crush on him for a long while and this opportunity might not last long but what about Brian. I did like him and I knew he really liked me. This was going to suck and someone was going to get hurt in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS BRING THE UPDATES.