Believe Me I'm Lying

11

I got off the bus at the next venue and saw Sam glaring at me “What happened last night?” she snapped.

“They said they’d be back but they never said they would be that late, I never heard them at the door” I explained.

“It’s a good job Kyle was up and let them in otherwise they’d of been outside all night, We had them 2, your driver and all of our bus on there last night” she snapped angrily.

“I’m sorry I never heard them, they never rang me either” I apologized.

“It’s my fault I told her to go to sleep and that I’d let them in and I must of fallen asleep too and not heard them” said Jonathan appearing at my side.

“I really am sorry, here’s the work you wanted finishing” I said handing her it.

“You’ve finished it?” she asked and I nodded.

“Yeah that’s why I stayed in last night, I’m getting bored of partying” I admitted.

“You did this in one night? That’s impressive, well go and get things organized inside will you while I send this back to the office please” she said as she smiled and I walked off.

“You didn’t have to do that, if she found out about us I’d be fired straight away” I whispered to Jonathan.

“Really why?” he asked.

“I nearly got fired just for dating Caleb, I was told if we break up I have to still live on that bus and work with you guys. If it wasn’t for him sticking up for me I’d have been fired,” I admitted.

“I best go and sort this out for tonight, go and warm up” I ordered as I smiled and walked off.

I should feel awkward around Jonathan, like I’ve done the wrong thing but I don’t. It’s true what he said; Caleb and I don’t really spend anytime together.

He sleeps late by the time he’s up we’re having lunch, then we get to the venue and he goes inside warms up and sound checks.

When he has spare time before he goes onstage I’m busy making sure everything’s sorted out for them and then he either goes straight to sleep or goes out partying with the others.

I spend more time with Austin than I do Caleb, I felt guilty when I saw Caleb for what happened but I knew I intend to let it happen again.

It would be easier if I just told Caleb now that things weren’t working between us and use work as the excuse but something was stopping me from breaking up with him and I didn’t know what.

* Later *

I sat down on the concrete with my head in my hands.

“What’s up Tal?” I looked up to see Jonathan.

“Nothing, I’m just pissed with Sammy. She’s always telling me off for things, she always brings up the way we met and the way I used to be. So what I’ve partied a lot and I snuck on a tour bus. I’m young! I work hard for her and I feel like it’s never enough” I snapped and he put his arm round my shoulder.

“Don’t get upset, your great at this job, your better than her, she just bosses everyone around. Kent and Marc say they’d rather be on our bus, even Kyle says she’s annoying with her schedules” he reassured and I laughed.

We sat in silence for a while; I looked down at my watch. “You best get back inside, you go on in a few minutes” I stated and he hugged me and stood up.

He walked back through the door when I shouted him, “Yeah!” he replied coming back outside.

“Remember that question you asked me, that you were just wondering about?” I asked and he looked at me confused then nodded, I took a deep breath.

“Well the answers yes” I said.

He smiled and winked at me and went back inside.