Believe Me I'm Lying

13

I heard the door open “I heard what he said” he whispered, “It’s okay I get it; we can stop, you don’t have to stay in with me go out with your boyfriend” he said walking out the room and back to his bunk.

I sat in silence for a while and then walked out and got off the bus, I sat on the concrete and I heard the bus door lock.

I stood up and walked back to the bus and knocked on the door “I’m sleeping, I’m not coming out tonight!” he shouted and I knocked on the door again.

“What?” he shouted opening the door “Oh, forget something?” he asked and I nodded, he moved so I could get back on the bus.

He sat down “I’m sorry” I said and he nodded.

“Your phone’s here” he said handing me it.

“That’s not what I forgot” I admitted and he got up and walked back to his bunk and brought out my hoody and I smiled.

“Or that, although I did wonder where that was” I said and he half smiled.

“Well what did you forget and I’ll help you look for it?” he offered and I shook my head and he walked off again.

I walked to the door and locked it and walked to his bunk “Can I ask you something?” I asked and he nodded.

“Why haven’t you asked me to leave him for you?” I asked curious.

“I’m scared of the answer, you love him I can see it. Every time I see him kiss you I can see it and there’s nothing I can do, I can’t say Caleb get off my girlfriend because your not mine you’re his. I’m just someone that’s got lucky now but I know one day you’ll stop this and there’s nothing I can do” he admitted.

“You could tell Caleb?” I suggested.

“No I couldn’t, if I told Caleb he’d break up with you, he’d kill me, you’d hate me and I’d of lost you and him. The only way this would ever turn out right was if you broke up with him, but I know you won’t do that so I don’t ask you to” he explained as I sat down.

“I don’t know why, I mean sometimes I actually hate him but something keeps me there. I wish I knew what it was, but I can’t say no to you either. Maybe I should quit and go home, that way this all stops” I admitted.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto his bunk “Come on go to sleep it’ll all be better when you wake up” he reassured.

I laughed as I crawled in next to him “Sleep and pop tarts are your answers to everything! You have such a rock star lifestyle” I stated smiling.

He laughed, “I know I’m crazy!”