Believe Me I'm Lying

14

I woke up and went to the kitchen and unlocked the door so the others could get back on. I’d been sat in the kitchen for 5 minutes when Kyle walked on the bus.

“Hey, what you doing up?” he asked.

“I’m always up this early” I replied smiling as Jonathan walked in from the bunks.

“Hey Kyle” he waved and sat down.

“You have fun last night at the party?” Kyle asked me.

“I didn’t go, he was ill so I stayed here” I replied pointing at Jonathan.

“You didn’t go?” he asked again and I shook my head. “But I saw Caleb with...Oh” he said trying to recover from what he’d said.

“You saw Caleb what?” asked Jonathan looking angry.

“I saw Caleb coming home and just presumed she’d be with him. That’s all, oh well I best be getting back” he said practically running off the bus.

I looked up as Jonathan followed him.

He came back “Kyle’s acting weird” he said, “Caleb and Austin are coming back now” he said sitting down.

Kyle saw Caleb what? Kyle knew more but he wasn’t about to let me know. I’d have to find out some other way although it was probably better I didn’t know.

Caleb said he loved me last night and he’d never given me any reason not to trust him, I was paranoid because of what I was doing with Jonathan that was the problem I convinced myself.

“Hey” they both smiled walking on the bus, Austin looked nervous and walked back to his bunk.

“You okay babe?” asked Caleb and I nodded smiling. “Good, I missed you last night” he said.

“I missed you too,” I added and he kissed my cheek.

“I’m going to grab a shower” he said as he walked off and Jonathan glared at him.

There was nothing wrong there, he told me he missed me.

I was the one who was cheating not him!

However much I told myself that Jonathan’s reaction worried me. He knew them better than anyone and he was acting strange.