Believe Me I'm Lying

16

I was sat working when I saw Jonathan’s foot sticking out his bunk, I walked over grabbing it and pulling him off.

“Ouch!” he shouted as I laughed, “That’d be funny but I’m top bunk” he rolled over trying to stand but stopped as I kissed him.

“Sorry” I smiled and he pulled me so I was laid on him.

He went to roll us over but stopped “Tal you really hurt me” he said grabbing his shoulder.

“What?” I asked.

“My shoulder, it hurts real bad when I move it” he admitted looking in pain.

“Let me look!” I said as he sat up and I ran my hand over it and he moved away.

“That hurts” he said squirming away from me.

“It’s not broken” I reassured.

“Well it feels it and I’m glad you graduated from doctors school!” he joked.

“Shut up and sit still” I laughed as a massaged it.

He turned round to face me pulling me so I was sat with my legs round him, I started to play with the bottom of his top as he ran his hands down my legs.

“I hate that we argue about him” he said and I nodded as he pulled his top off.

I ran my hand down his chest and heard his breath catch as he moved backwards.

“Your hands cold” he laughed and I rolled my eyes, “I’ve got something for you” he said moving to stand up.

I watched him looking for something in his bunk and hide whatever it was behind his back; he sat back down.

“Don’t look so confused. This is really stupid but you know how a month ago today I realized how I felt and we…you know. Well I got you this” he opened his hand.

“You got me something just because it’s been a month since then?” I asked and he nodded and I took it from his hand.

I laughed when I saw it was a bracelet with a tiny pop tart charm on it “Only you could ever buy someone this” I laughed as I took it from him.

“You like it?” he asked and I nodded.

”Thank you, I love it” I admitted as I felt tears in my eyes.

“So why are you crying?” he asked laughing.

I wiped tears from my face “Nobody’s ever done this for me” I admitted.

“Really?” he asked and I nodded, “Well you’ve been hanging around with the wrong boys” he smiled as I hugged him.

* Later *

We were sat watching a movie in the back when his phone rang; he pulled it from his pocket and threw it on the side. “Who’s that?” I asked.

“My mom” he admitted.

“Answer it then” I stated as he rolled his eyes.

“Hey mom, No I’m watching a movie. No I’m not in a theater, I’m on the bus!” he laughed.

“I’m not watching it on my own mom, no need for the sympathetic tone. I’m watching it with my friend Tally if you really must know, the guys have gone out partying” he explained and I smiled as he tightened his grip on my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder.

He carried on talking to her and started to play with my hair “My mom says hi” he said smiling at me.

“Hey” I said back smiling and he rolled his eyes.

"You hear that? I best be going. I’ll ring you tomorrow I promise, love you bye” he said sighing and putting his phone down.

“Aww you love your mom” I teased and he laughed.

“Okay so now you know my big secret, you have to tell me yours” he said.

“Okay but promise not to tell anyone?” I asked and I felt him nod, “I’m falling in love with someone who’s not my boyfriend” I admitted.

He kissed the top of my head “You best make sure he’s the right sort of boy for you” he joked.

“He’s a bit of a mommy’s boy but I guess I could learn to live with that” I teased as I crawled under the blankets with him and went to sleep.