Believe Me I'm Lying

21

I got up the next morning and went outside, I saw Jonathan get off the bus still half asleep with his hat on.

“What was that about last night?” I asked hoping he'd tell me everything I needed to hear but he just shrugged.

“I’m not sure but I get the feeling Austin was trying to tell me something but didn't want to betray any ones trust” Jonathan admitted and I nodded wondering who's trust he was trying not to betray and what it was exactly he was hiding.

We’d been stood behind the bus for a while when Caleb got off the first bus followed by Kent & 2 of the drivers. We both hid as he got on our bus and walked off with Austin following slowly behind him.

“The others are inside” Caleb said pointing to where they’d played last night and they headed inside & Jonathan grabbed my hand pulling me to follow them but making sure we weren't spotted.

He dragged me into the building they'd played in yesterday and we stood outside the door to hear the whole band apart from Jonathan was in the room that last night had been there backstage room.

“Caleb you can’t keep this up” Austin said tired.

“I know” I heard Caleb sigh.

“Well don’t go out anymore” suggested Marc sounding angry with Caleb.

“But I’m young I want to party” Caleb argued back.

"You’re making this hard for us all! I can’t lie to Sam so she’s avoiding Tally so she doesn’t have to lie to her” Kyle said.

“I know don’t guilt trip me” spat back Caleb.

“This is your problem, your lies but we’ve all been dragged in. Jonathan would tell her if he knew you’d been with other girls so we’re all being forced to lie to him too!” shouted Austin and I felt Jonathan's hand tense on my own.

“Jonathan can’t find out!” warned Caleb sounding panicked just at the thought of him knowing his secret.

Jonathan let go of my hand and walked in the room leaving me on my own outside.

“Jonathan can’t find out what?” he asked calmly.

“That we’re…” Caleb stumbled for an excuse but he was too slow and Jonathan had heard far too much.

“Don’t lie to me Caleb, you’re a bad liar. What have you done?” he shouted letting his anger spill out into his voice.

“Just tell him!” Kent shouted half begging half ordering him to do it.

It went quiet before Caleb spoke again but quieter this time, “I’ve cheated on Tally.”

I bit my lip as tears came to my eyes. I’d thought it but I thought I was just paranoid but to hear him say it made it real.

Austin had been trying to tell Jonathan something last night, I wasn’t upset he’d cheated I was relieved.

I was upset that all the time I’d wasted on Caleb, that I'd made Jonathan go through all this when I could of been with Jonathan properly not hiding it.

“How many times?” Jonathan asked calmly but I knew his control on his temper wouldn't lat long.

“4” Caleb admitted and I heard a crash followed by shouting from the other band members.

“Jonathan let him go, your shoulder. You’ll hurt it more and you know it's just not worth it!” shouted Kent trying to reason with his best friend.

“How could you do that to her? You told her you loved her” Jonathan shouted as the others went quiet.

“I do!” Caleb snapped back and I shook my head.

“You don’t do that to a girl you love” shouted Jonathan and I heard another crash from inside the room.

“They meant nothing” Caleb reasoned as if that changed everything.

“And that makes it better?” Jonathan said half laughing at the statement.

“No! Please don’t tell her, she can’t find out” begged Caleb.

“Too late” I said as I walked into the room they were all in and everyones eyes but Jonathan's fell on me.