Believe Me I'm Lying

23

It had been 2 weeks since I found out what Caleb had been doing and we’d not spoken since. He still lived on our bus but we pretty much avoided each other, if we were together we’d keep quiet.

Everyone was back to being friends including him and Jonathan although I had to persuade Jonathan to do it.

Sam had stopped getting me to do so much work and I’d been out partying with them a few times but I tended to stay in, when I went out Caleb avoided all girls and stuck with Kyle.

I didn’t hate Caleb I just didn’t know what to say to him. Caleb had cheated on me 4 times with girls who meant nothing; I’d only slept with Jonathan twice but I loved him.

I wanted to tell Caleb but I knew nothing good would come from it. People would hate Jonathan and me for it but it was Caleb that didn’t deserve it, he’d of put himself through all this for nothing and he didn’t deserve to know one of his best friends and his girlfriend had betrayed him this way. Keeping quiet about it was the right thing to do.

I walked on the bus “Guys we’re leaving in 5 minutes so you need to get everything from the back room and get it on the bus!” I shouted, nobody answered “Guys!” I shouted angry that they were ignoring me.

“They’re not here” I heard Caleb say from the sofa and i turned to face him.

“Oh I didn’t see you, where are they?” I asked awkwardly.

“They’ve gone to get their stuff. I’ve got mine already, you have us all well trained” he half smiled as I sat down next to him.

It went quiet and looked up at him, I took a deep breath “Caleb we need to talk” I stated and he nodded.

“I’m sorry for what I did, I know I shouldn’t treat anyone like that. I thought I loved you, maybe I didn’t I don’t know but I know I’m sorry and I didn’t want to hurt you. It just happened, I made us rush things maybe if we’d gone slower we’d of realized we weren’t right for each other. I did like you a lot though but I think we were meant to be friends” he admitted.

I touched his hand “Caleb I don’t hate you” I explained.

“You should” he said feeling sorry for himself.

“I don’t” I smiled.

“I hate this tension and I hate avoiding you. Lets just forget all this and be friends” I suggested and he looked at me shocked.

“Are you for real?” I nodded.

“But Jonathan will never let that happen” he said and I laughed.

“He will if he knows it’s what I want, I just want us to be friends. We don’t mention what happened anymore okay?” I asked and he nodded.

“You know I’m glad your friends with him. He looks after you and he loves you, I really thought he was going to kill me when I told him what I’d done. This might sound crazy but you should be with a guy like him, he’d always treat you right” Caleb suggested and I smiled at how right he was about Jonathan.

"Yeah well we’re friends so that’s all that matters” I stated.

The others walked on the bus “What’s going on?” Jonathan asked looking worried.

“Caleb and me are friends again so we all forget what happened before” I said as we walked to the back.

“What’s this all about?” asked Jonathan.

“Nothing, I want to be his friend again” I said and he hesitated.

“Okay.”