Believe Me I'm Lying

27

Kent had asked me to meet him for dinner today but I knew he’d get out of it leaving me with Jonathan, which I was happy about.

I hated that everyone saw him as single; girls would ask for his number and hit on him in front of me, which made me jealous.

I trusted him completely; he’d never hurt me or let anyone else hurt me. We rarely spoke about it but I knew he hated how we got together.

“Alright princess” I jumped as he sat down opposite me, “What’s up?” he asked.

“Just thinking” I replied.

“About?” he asked curiously.

“Us” I replied as he smiled.

He had such a cute smile, he had the ability to look at you and make you feel special like you’re the only thing that matters to him.

“Kent just text, he’s not coming,” he said rolling his eyes.

“What made us happen?” I asked quietly, I'd wondered so many times but never asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked me looking worried.

“Well that night, why did it happen?” I asked and he laughed.

“Are you complaining?” he said winking I shook my head.

He looked round to make sure nobody could hear us.

“I guess I only saw you as a friend but when you pushed me against the wall I liked you being close. When you touched me I felt different, I wanted you and knowing you weren’t mine to have only made it worse. When I got out that shower I realized what I’d done and I hated myself, I fell for you so quickly. I was scared you’d go back to him and I’d be left alone” he admitted as he moved to sit next to me.

He looked at his hands “If it wasn’t for us would you of forgiven him?” he asked and I nodded.

“When I heard him say what he’d done I was relieved that it was over, I cried because I’d chosen him over you so many times and you didn’t deserve it. I know I sometimes joke around but I do love you,” I said quietly as he placed his hand on my leg.

“Ditto” he said and I smacked his leg keeping my hand on his thigh.

“You’re so badly behaved” he laughed quietly.

“Why?” I asked wondering exactly what he was going on about.

“Putting your hand on my inner thigh in public, Tally there’s a time and a place” he said.

“It’s not on…” I started to say and laughed as he moved it to the inside of his leg.

“It very obviously is,” he said winking. This was the reason I loved Jonathan, he was adorable beyond belief and he made you feel safer because you knew he'd always fight your battles for you but at the same time he was funny and never failed to make me smile.

I started to move my finger in small circles on the inside of his thigh and noticed him tense up and smiled to myself as he pinched my leg.

I moved my hand slowly up his leg “That pinch meant stop” he whispered and I stopped at the top of his leg.

I started to trace small circles again as he closed his eyes and squeezed my thigh, I applied pressure and he lent over towards me.

“If you don’t stop that there will be consequences” he said quietly.

“Like?” I asked innocently and he shuddered as I pressed harder on his leg.

“Like I’ll have my way with you right here” he whispered and I smiled at his use of words.

“Now who’s the bad one” I winked and he grabbed my hand and dragged me out.

“We never had dinner” I said laughing.

“I really don’t care, I’ll make you something later just get on that bus right now” he said pushing me up the steps in front of him and I laughed as I saw Austin, Kyle and Marc sat there.

“What are you…Oh hey guys” Jonathan said smiling and they waved, “What you doing?” he asked trying to be polite.

“We’re about to watch a movie, you joining us?” asked Austin.

“No I think we’ll just stay here alone. Tally said she’s got work to do” Jonathan lied.

“Oh well we were thinking of staying here to watch it” smiled Marc and I tried not to laugh at Jonathan’s face.

“You can use our bus if you want some quiet, nobody’s on it” suggested Kyle and Jonathan grabbed my arm attempting to pull me behind him but I pulled back.

“What film you guys watching?” I asked and Jonathan looked at me impatiently.

“Paranormal activity” Kyle replied.

“I really want to see that” I said honestly, I'd been wanting to see it for ages and it seemed rude to turn the chance down.

“Well you’ve got work so that sucks” Jonathan said pulling me towards the door.

“I can do that another time, I’ll stay and watch this with you guys” I said and Jonathan looked at me as though I'd just said something evil.

“Cool well we’re just going to put it on in the back lounge so you guys come through” smiled Kyle as they walked off.

“Are you actually kidding me?” snapped Jonathan “I’m dying here” he complained.

“No and you’re not dying you loser” I relied and he smiled.

“Are you really wanting to stay and watch a film instead of us going onto a bus where we can be all alone?” he said as he bit his lip and I nodded.

“You know the next time you really want me I’m so saying no” he spat back at me trying to be mean.

“Don’t lie you’d never say no to me” I laughed and he nodded.

“Your right, I wouldn’t” he admitted.

“Anyway stop your bitching it’s a scary movie, I’ll need a big strong man to hold my hand and snuggle up to when I get scared” I said pulling him close to me.

“Maybe you’ll be too scared to sleep on your own tonight and he’ll after to hold you all night too?” he suggested and I nodded.

“So when you find Kent tell him he’s staying over tonight” I joked and he smiled as I walked off.

“That’s it!” he shouted and ran after me grabbing my waist and kissing my neck before walking into the others as if nothing was different.