Believe Me I'm Lying

32

We had our ‘second date’ and Kent got all excited that his matchmaking skills were working.

Tomorrow we all had a few days off as we got to Kent’s hometown, which happened to be mine too, I’d decided to go home while we had time off and Jonathan was going to come with me and meet Max.

I was excited he was nervous, I guess he was right to be nervous Max was very protective of me.

He’d gone over to help Marc bring his stuff over here so he could keep Caleb company while we were away.

I walked into the lounge and sat down next to Caleb “You excited to be going home babe?” he asked and I nodded.

“You sure you’re going to be okay with Marc?” I asked and he smiled.

“Yeah, don’t see him much because he’s on the other bus” he explained and I smiled.

I looked at him and he smiled putting his arm round me “I’m glad we’re friends, I prefer us this way” he said and I sighed.

“Caleb can we talk?” I asked and he nodded.

“This sounds serious” he stated looking worried.

He turned to face me “Caleb you know how we’ve been broken up a while now?” he nodded.

“Well I think I like someone else” I admitted and he smiled.

“It’s okay, make sure he looks after you. Thanks for telling me” he replied squeezing my shoulder.

“Caleb that’s not it all, you know him. It’s…its…Jonathan” I admitted and he looked at me shocked.

“Jonathan. You like Jonathan!” he snapped and I nodded.

“I’ve tried not to see him that way but I do and he feels the same way. I know he’s your best friend but…” he stopped me.

“Tally it’s okay. It’ll be hard but I know he’d always look after you” he admitted and I looked at him relieved he wasn't kicking off about it.

Jonathan walked in “We need to talk,” stated Caleb.

“She just told me she likes you and that you feel the same. Is it true?” He asked and Jonathan nodded.

“I know it’s not ideal but I really like her Caleb and that’s not something I’m used to” Jonathan explained as Caleb stood up and smiled.

“It’s okay, at least I know you’ll look after her. But if you ever hurt her I will have to put you in hospital” Caleb stated and Jonathan laughed nervously as Caleb hugged him.

“I approve and I’m glad you told me first Tal” he said hugging me and leaving.

“Well that went better than I thought,” admitted Jonathan.