Believe Me I'm Lying

33

We got out the taxi outside my house and I smiled to myself, it felt good to be home and Max was still at work. I hadn’t told him I was coming so I could surprise him.

“Come on, he’s not home yet so I’ll show you round” I shouted as I unlocked the door and walked in, typical Max the house was spotless and my room was exactly as I’d left it. I showed him round the house and put our stuff in my room.

The house was only small but when there's only the 2 of you living there you don't need a lot of space. We had 2 bedrooms they both fitted a double bed and not alot else, a lounge, a kitchen, a hallway and 2 bathrooms.

We’d been there about an hour when I heard my brother pull into the drive and we hid in my room. I laughed as I heard him singing as he walked in the house, he ran up the stairs and cursed as he dropped his keys.

I opened my door “Max Tobias Lyons that sort of language is not acceptable in this household!” I shouted and he jumped.

“Megan what are you doing here?” he shouted picking me up in a hug.

“You didn’t get fired did you?” he asked as he laughed.

“No I didn’t! I have a few days off and I thought I’d come see you” I said as he put me down.

“I’ve missed you” he said and I smiled.

“I’ve missed you too. I’ve got someone I want you to meet” I smiled pointing at Jonathan.

“Sorry I didn’t see you there, hi” he waved.

“Max this is Jonathan my boyfriend. Jonathan this is my big brother Max” I smiled as they both looked at each other and I could see Max staring him out.

“Call me Toby. Megan how long you here for?” Max asked.

“3 days, hope you don’t mind but he’s staying too. I wanted you to meet him” I replied and Max nodded.

“Sure I’m sure Jonathan and I have a lot to talk about” he said and I smiled.

"Max play nicely” I laughed as he walked off to his room.

“What’s it with you guys and names?” asked Jonathan and I laughed, “He calls you Megan?” I nodded.

“Always has done, family call me Megan and him Max but our friends call us Tally and Toby” I explained.

“Your just confusing, I’m slightly scared of him though” Jonathan smiled as I led him downstairs.