Believe Me I'm Lying

40

I heard a crash in the hall and ran to see Max stagger backwards with blood on his lip. “Diana what are you doing? Cheating on me!” he shouted walking towards her.

“What you don’t recognize us anymore? When you were making life hell you didn’t notice us!” I shouted as I grabbed Max.

“It’s Max and Megan! I’m not cheating on you,” she begged from behind us.

“What are you here for? I invited her not you” Max said.

“She should tell me where she’s going. You only want money” he shouted grabbing mom.

“I don’t want anything from either of you, although an apology would be nice,” I shouted crying.

“An apology for what? For you two being awkward, rude and awful kids, for everything you did” he shouting pushing Max backwards.

We both looked at mom “You could apologize for taking his side, for never helping us. Disowning your own children, allowing him to hit you and Max, for throwing me out” I said but she stayed quiet.

“You could apologize for making out life hell! For hitting Max and her,” I shouted pointing at mom.

“Shut up!” he shouted walking towards me.

I stood still “You can control her but not me. Your pathetic” I said, as he stood in front of me.

I saw him raise his hand and closed my eyes but it never came.

I heard a crash and opened them to see him holding his jaw as Jonathan lowered his fist.

Max opened the door pushing mom out while Jonathan did the same to her boyfriend. “Get out and don’t you ever come back!” Max shouted slamming the door.

I felt Jonathan run his hands over me looking at me and I nodded my head. Max had stopped his lip bleeding.

“You didn’t have to do that, thanks” smiled Max.

“It’s okay nobody should hit girls” replied Jonathan hugging me. Max shook his hand.

We all sat down and stayed pretty quiet for the rest of the night.