Believe Me I'm Lying

41

We got up the next day and had breakfast with Max; today we had to go back for the tour. “I’ll see you soon Max, look after yourself. I’ll talk to you later as usual” I said kissing his cheek.

“Look after yourself and don’t worry about me I’m fine. As for you” he said turning to Jonathan “It was nice to meet you and make sure you look after her. I guess I’ll be seeing you more often” he smiled hugging Jonathan.

He got in the car and went to work and we got a taxi back to the next venue to meet the buses.

“I’ve missed them guys, not Sam’s crazy schedules though,” laughed Jonathan.

“I’ve missed them all too especially Caleb” I replied without thinking. I felt him move closer to the window and move his arm from round me to his phone.

“Jonathan” I said and he nodded still looking at his phone “Look at me” he looked up and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

“I didn’t mean that” I stated.

“Yes you did” he replied.

“Okay I did but not like that” I said touching his arm but he pulled it away. He looked back down at his phone.

“You know it terrifies me” I looked over at him and he carried on.

“You know I trust you but it scares me. You two are friends now, your best friends. You get on better now then you did when you were together” he admitted.

“But that’s all we are best friends” I stated and he looked at me.

“We were best friends and look where that ended.”

I looked away trying not to cry, I hated this.

I didn’t trust myself anymore; I have no feelings towards anyone else other than him. I love him and these last few days have proved that to me, but I couldn’t turn off how I saw Caleb.

I had no feelings towards Caleb anymore he was becoming like a brother to me but it’s hard to deny he’s good looking.

Girls don’t scream when they see him for nothing, he’s hot but thinking that didn’t mean I had a crush on him.

“What do you want me to say? Am I never allowed to mention him?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Don’t be stupid, I’m happy you get on but it scares me that you loved him once. Best friends can lead to more, what if you two need to be that before you realize how you feel again” he asked.

“I won’t feel anything again” I cut in and turned away from him.

We got out the taxi back at the buses.

“Tal I’m sorry. The only time we ever argue is over him. I hate he has that hold over us, I think we need to talk with him” he suggested as we put our stuff on the bus and went to find the others.