Believe Me I'm Lying

42

We walked into the park to see them all sat round a tree. There was 2 more people than normal but I couldn’t see their faces, as we got closer I saw they had guitars out and were singing.

One of the extra people started to sing and I recognized his voice straight away.

“Mason Tyler Musso” I said and he stopped turning round.

“Tally!” he shouted standing up and hugging me, “It’s been ages since we last spoke. I can’t believe you got this job because of us” he smiled kissing my cheek.

I’d spoken to Mason outside their gig and under the influence of alcohol getting onto their bus seemed a very clever idea. Once on the bus they all laughed at how easy it had been and said seen as I’d gone through all that effort I might as well stay.

We spent all night drinking and when Mason said I might as well share his bunk I had to admit I was excited. He was by far my favorite member of the band.

We spent all night snuggled up in his bunk talking and we’d been friends since but since I started this tour I’d not had a lot of time to talk to anyone.

He waved at Jonathan and shook his hand “Hey dude well done on the tour we’re sticking around for a few days. I believe congratulations are in order for you 2” Mason said as he smiled.

“You’d better look after her Jonathan Cook” said Mason as we all sat down again.

We started to walk back “So Tally is the job going well?” Mason asked and I nodded.

“I think I’ve finally found what I’m good at. What are you doing these days? I hope there’s a Mason record coming out soon” I said and he nodded.

“Me too, I’ve come for a bit of tour inspiration and Sam thought he’d come along too" Mason admitted.

I remembered Sam although I’d never really spoken to him; he was Mason’s best friend.

He stopped and I looked back at him “I missed you” he said and I smiled.

“I missed you too, you know I still find it crazy that we’re friends” I admitted and he laughed.

“Well normally I don’t make habit of being friends with girls that sneak on our bus. How’s your brother?” he asked.

“Good thanks, he likes Jonathan” I smiled.

“You know I’m not even joking about him hurting you, if he does I will literally hurt him. He’s a great guy though” Mason reassured and I nodded as we got on the bus.