Believe Me I'm Lying

49

Austin got up and sat with us but nobody said anything, I tried to cover Caleb’s bruise and cut with make up and managed to hide it pretty well although he kept rubbing it off.

We stopped and Mason sent us off to get food, as we sat outside eating I saw him dragging Jonathan off the bus. They walked past quietly and came outside and sat down opposite us, Jonathan looked like he hadn’t slept.

He stared down at the food Mason put in front of him; he looked up at Caleb and then at me. I caught his eyes and he looked away quickly, “How’s you guys?” I heard Kyle say.

“Alright thanks you?” replied Mason.

“Good” he smiled.

“How’s my favorite couple?” asked Kent and I saw Austin shake his head as a warning to shut up. Jonathan looked up at me and I stared back before I got up and walked off.

I felt someone sit next to me and looked up to see Jonathan, we sat in silence not really knowing what to say as it started to rain. I felt something on me and looked to see Jonathan was putting his hoody round me.

“Thanks” I smiled and he nodded.

“It’s okay doll” he replied and I started to laugh.

“I still don’t get why you say that” I added and he smiled.

“Me neither really” he admitted.

“Tally, I’m sorry. I’ll apologize to Caleb I just flipped out. I’m scared you’ll realize we’re a mistake and I’ll get hurt as usual and it’ll all end up in a song, can we go back to the bus?” he asked quietly.

“Why?” I asked confused.

“Well one it’s raining and all I have on is a top and two there’s a group of girls that has just been over to the others and I really don’t want photo’s and signing stuff right now” he replied and we walked towards the bus.

We sat down in the warm and dry and he carried on his apology, “I shouldn’t have spoken to you like that and I shouldn’t have tried to fight with Caleb” he explained.

“I think it’s sort of my fault, I shouldn’t hang out with Caleb as much” I admitted.

“We shouldn’t be like a couple until Caleb says he’s cool with it” he added and I nodded.

“So are we friends again?” he asked and I shook my head.

He nodded and wandered off to his bunk again looking defeated, I smiled as I saw his foot sticking out the curtain as usual and wrapped my hand round it.

“If you pull me out of here I swear I will not talk to you for several weeks” I heard him say and I started to laugh.

“I’m not even joking,” he added looking out at me.

I smiled as I slowly pulled his ankle “Tally!” he said and I pulled it again having no intention of stopping.

“Oi! Listen to me” he said trying not to laugh.

I laughed as I pulled his ankle and he pulled it back “Why do you insist on doing this to me” he laughed as he gave in and rolled out of the bed onto the floor.

I burst out laughing as he hit the floor and tried to sit up “If we’re not even now I don’t know what to do” he said as he smiled and I sat down next to him.

“We’re not friends though” I added.

He looked at me scared “We’re best friends” I smiled as I snuggled up to him.

I felt him relax “I hate you sometimes, you scared me then” he whispered as he gripped my waist.

“You’d write a song about us if we broke up?” I asked and he nodded. “I’m scared now” I admitted.

“Don’t be it wouldn’t be a bad one, it’d be one of them cheesy love songs where I confess my love for you” he said and I smiled.

“You said it wouldn’t be bad” I joked.

“Not funny” he whispered as he brushed his lips against mine.

The bus door opened and we moved apart as the rest walked on.

“Caleb I’m sorry I went crazy last night. You’re my best friend and I trust you, sorry” he said walking towards him, he held his hand out and Caleb smiled.

“Come here you” Caleb replied hugging him.