Believe Me I'm Lying

51

I dropped my glass as I heard someone walk on the bus dragging me from my daydream.

“Are you okay?” I heard a familiar voice say and turned round “Tally, what’s up you looked worried” he carried on.

I stared back at him, at the same person that seconds ago I had been daydreaming about one of the times we’d had sex.

“I’ll get it” he smiled bending down to clean up the mess.

“Sorry if I made you jump” he said smiling at me and I nodded.

“What’s with the silent treatment?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Little Miss Talkative has suddenly gone all shy” he smiled as his eyes twinkled, “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked and I nodded again.

He went to hug me and moved away from him.

“Tally what have I done?” he asked and I took a deep breath trying to regain my confidence.

“Nothing, I’m fine” I said trying to smile.

“You don’t fool me Mrs, something’s up” he said and I shook my head.

“No really I’m fine” I reassured.

“Come on I know you a lot better than that. There’s no need to be shy around me, tell me what’s up?” he said his eyes pleading for the truth.

“Caleb will you just leave it!” I shouted as I turned and ran away from him shutting myself in the back lounge.

I heard him open the door and I wiped my eyes, “Tally have I upset you?” he asked looking worried.

I shook my head “I was just thinking about something that’s all you scared me for a minute” I lied and he put his arm round me.

“Sorry” he smiled “You want me to get Jonathan?” he asked and I shook my head.