‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

Down to Buisiness

"Do ya understand where I'm comin' from, Detective?"He sipped heavily at his coffee, but stayed silent.

He placed his coffee down and folded his hands in his lap. He was a good man and there was something about him that showed his intelligance. It didn't mock him in anyway.

"Lorenzo killed James."He began slowly."James was, let's say, a slave, of some sort to him. Tried to get out and it was useless. He was shot dead out of blatent fear."

"Exactly."I sighed in releif - he didn't think I was crazy.

"Now tell me something, Rose."He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table."How do your boys find these guys?"

I choked on my words. Was he implying that the boys were the death of the many mob men? Was this where I fell into his trap and gave the boys up unwillingly? I swallowed hard and found only a few words.

"Come agaijn?"I breathed out, trying not to sound too nervous.

"You and I both know what's going on here."He leaned forward more and stated quietly,"your two friends got sick of their games and by all means I don't blame them. You can admit it, Roisin."

I opened my mouth to speak, but lost it all too quickly. I think Smecker was testing me, but I couldn't be sure. I looked around the coffee house and realized it was basically empty.

"I'm encouraging you, Rose,"He smiled."because in all honesty, I'm on your side."

I let out a sigh and shook my head. Smecker already knew the truth, so why insult him any longer?

"Okay."I huffed."Connor and Murphy,"

My gaze shifted from the floor to his eyes. Was I really going this far?

"They're The Saints."I groaned.

"Now we can get down to buisiness."He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I want to thank everyone for sticking by me with this story. I apologize severly for taking so long. I left, lost my binder [that had this story in it] and moved again, so I apologize once more for absolutely no updates! >.<

They'll definatley come rapidly now seeing as I have the internet and my binder back :D And a plus on it too, it's finished in writing, so all I have to do now if post it. Thankyou guys again for the patience! And sorry it was short. It was just a short chapter in general >.<