‹ Prequel: Twist of a Bounty

The Saints Are Coming

I Wont Forget Ya

"Ya took a beatin'."I whispered with a frown.

"Aye, but ain't nothin' to worry 'bout, Rose."Connor patted his lip with a wet napkin."They were small punches."

"Yer fuckin',"I lowered my voice when Murphy stirred in his sleep."yer fuckin' bleedin'. ya got an egg on yer head. What did he do to ya?"

"Rose, honestly, don't worry 'bout it."He stated quietly.

I shook my head and sighed in frustration. There was no getting through to him sometimes. He threw down his damp towel and brushed a hand through his blonde hair. He opened his mouth to speak, but shut it like he had to think over what he wanted to say. He dropped his hand down and looked at me with a nervous smile.

"What's wrong with ya?"I chuckled.

"I just,"He sighed."I don't know how to explain it."

I chuckled lightly and reached for a cigarette. The boys were acting so strange. I now knew Murphy's reason - he felt for me. Did Connor feel the same way?

"Alright. I need to tell ya somethin'."He said."Come here."

He gripped the legs of my chair and slid me a little closer. I lit my cigarette and waited for the confession.

"Ya see, I told Murph I'd wait, but I can't. Over these past couple of months we've gotten so close."He put his head down and sighed."Ah, fuck it. I really like ya Rose."

Smoke crawled out of my nose as we starred eachother down. Another one of those awkward situations.

"Weird?"He smirked.

"Well,"I began."at least ya didn't flat out kiss me."

Connor's face fell and grew slightly angry. I swallowed hard, knowing I probably shouldn't have shared that information.

"That fuckin',"I stopped him before he woke Murphy up.

"Connor! Don't worry. I told'm it wasn't mutual."I smiled."But, the same goes fer you aswell."

He smiled and slowly nodded his head. I knew he'd understand.

"S'alright."He said.

"Thankyou, Connor."I whispered."When I get me check ya wont have to worry 'bout me anymore. I'll be home again."

"That wont stop us from worryin'."He said softly.

He reached for his cigarette's and a frown slowly met his lips.

"What's wrong, Connor?"I asked.

He chuckled quietly and lit a fresh cigarette. He inhaled deeply on it before looking up at me.

"Ya really goin' back?"He asked."To Ireland?"

With a weak smile, I stated, "Aye. It's what me and me Ma wanted fer the longest time."

"I see."He mummbled.

"I'll still write ya, Connor."I said."I'm not gonna ferget the lads who saved me life."

"We're just gonna miss ya Rose. That's all."He smiled.

"I'm gonna miss ya boys too."I gave a half hearted smile - I was starting to get upset.

I pulled Connor into a hug and sighed gently. We sat there for a few quiet seconds before I broke the silence.

"Will ya boys see me off?"I whispered.

"Of course,, Rose."He tightened his grip."'Course we will."

I hugged him tighter and closed my tearing eyes. I was starting to think that moving to Ireland may not be such a great idea.