Status: I'm back, bitches! >:D

Snap!

Chapter 43: "I know she's mine."

~

“Kiro?”

A small smile crept over the blonde's face as he slept.

“Kiro.”

He turned his short body over, curling up within the covers.

“Kiro!”

Kiro's eyes shot open, his heart leaping in his chest. He peeked one eye open only to see his best friend standing over his bed. He scowled and groaned, burying his face in his pillow. “What the fuck do you want?” he mumbled into the fabric.

Yu merely chucked, climbing into the blonde's bed. “Well good morning to you too.”

It took a moment, but Kiro eventually turned onto his back, looking sleepily at Yu through a curtain of messy hair. He yawned as he ran a hand through his hair, giving the older boy a small smile. “What are you doing here? It's ten o'clock on a Sunday.”

“Am I not aloud to visit my best friend on Sunday mornings anymore?” Yu asked, placing a chaste kiss on the boy's lips.

Kiro gave him a look.

Yu sighed in defeat and nodded, resting his elbows on his knees as Kiro propped himself up against the headboard of his bed.

“So what's up? Something wrong?” Kiro asked, cocking his head slightly.

Yu pursed his lips. “I just...I need to talk to you.” he replied, scratching the back of his neck.

Kiro quirked a brow. “Okay? About what?”

“The baby.” he stated, glancing at Kiro's swollen stomach that was partially hidden beneath his shirt.

Kiro gulped, but quickly tried to hide it. “Uhm...w-what about her?”

Yu exhaled loudly, obviously craving a cigarette. “I know she's mine.” His friend visibly paled the moment the words left his mouth.

“I...what?”

Gnawing on his lip ring, Yu turned towards Kiro. “I know she's mine. I don't know why you and Tom lied, but you weren't convincing in the least.”

Kiro seemed frozen. He had no idea how to reply. All he wanted to know was how his friend had found out. “...how...?”

“You and Tom have never done anything more than kiss, and that was only because you lost a bet in ninth grade. I never believed you two were fucking, let alone that he knocked you up. I did the math, and since I know the only person you've had sex with in the last six months or so was me...it wasn't too hard to figure out.”

Kiro bit his lip, using his fists to push himself up into a sitting position next to his friend. “Are you mad?” he no more than whispered.

Yu looked at Kiro like he was crazy. “Mad? Why would I be mad?”

“I never told you I was intersexed. I never told you to use a condom. I'm the reason Tom and Andreas broke up. When I found out that I was pregnant I kept it a secret and then lied about who the father was. You have a million reasons to be mad at me.”

Yu gave the blonde a lazy smile and a small shrug. “It takes two to make a baby, right?”

“I...I still feel like it's my fault. I should have told you I could get pregnant when we started having sex.”

Yu smiled warmly, placing a caring hand on Kiro's knee. “Everything will turn out okay. I'm gonna be there for you through your pregnancy, and we're gonna raise a beautiful daughter, okay?”

Kiro let out a heavy sigh. “...I'm not keeping her, Yu.”

A painful silence echoed through the bedroom, Yu with an entirely blank look on his face. “But you're already over five m-”

“I'm not getting an abortion. I would never forgive myself if I did. I'm putting her up for adoption.” he explained.

A pained look spread over Yu's face immediately as he unconsciously squeezed Kiro's knee. “Don't I have a say in this? I am her father.”

Kiro shook his head, more so at himself than at Yu. “It's the best option.”

Yu barked a pathetic laugh, shaking his head. “Giving our daughter away to strangers is the best option?” he asked.

“Face it Yu, we can't give her the life she deserves. My parents are gonna kick me out the second they find out about her. You work triple shifts just to help Bill, keep a roof over your head, and keep your belly full. How the hell would we raise a kid?”

“I...I could pick up a second job. I was gonna try to start Community College this fall, but I can take off a year or two to earn some extra cash. You can both come and live with me. After you recover from the birth you can get a part time job. We can find a cheap baby sitter. We'll be fine.”

Kiro looked up at Yu, tears in his eyes. “Is that what our daughter deserves? A life that's fine? I want her to have every opportunity. I want her to go to a good school, go to college, fall in love, get married. I don't want her to follow in her parents shitty footsteps.”

Yu's jaw visibly clenched. “Yeah...okay, I don't have the best life. In fact, for the most part it sucks...but I try. So what, just because Bill and I aren't rich, arrogant bastards, the twins don't have a future?”

“I didn't say that.” Kiro sighed.

“Look, you don't want her. Okay, then give her to me. I can take care of her.”

Kiro immediately shook his head, muttering a no.

“Why the hell not? What right do you have to take my daughter away from me!?” he exclaimed, his face red with anger.

The blonde looked at the boy who was now standing, giving him an unreadable look. “I can't let my daughter live with you, Yu. And you know exactly why.” he stated.

The tension within the room immediately intensified. There was pure silence, but the look in Yu's eyes said it all. He looked and felt utterly betrayed. Tears gathered in his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away, making his eyes burn. He opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't find the words to express any of the emotions he was feeling. He shook his head, taking out of the room. It wasn't until he reached his car that he felt the tears begin to fall.

~
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...it's literally been forever. I don't even wanna know the exact amount of time, because I'll probably cry. T___T

I know it's a bit shorter than usual, but I felt it should end there.

The next update...I have no idea when it will be. I start driver's ed. tomorrow. It's for the rest of the month, everyday after school, so I'll probably be slammed. T_____T

I'm dedicating this update to my beautiful girlfriend! ----> Purple Nightmares <3

QUESTIONS!!!!!

Q: Did you see the whole adoption thing coming?
Q: Is Kiro really gonna go through with it?
Q: What do you imagine Yu is feeling/going to do?
Q: What's Yu's big secret?

Okay, so I know it's been FUCKING FOREVER...but I would really love some comments. They might bring me a lot of inspiration. I'm literally begging. *bats eyes* Let's say...fifteen comments before the next update? I'll be eternally grateful. :3

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE! <3