Status: Re-Edited - Finished!

I'm Sorry

Chapter Nine

Today was the day. The day we go to war. It was just a gut feeling, but surely I was correct. That morning Miraz’s troops had came and made camp. We were now at the Stone Table discussing what we were going to do next.

“We have to go to war!” Peter said loudly, for the fiftieth time it seemed.

“It’s not the only thing we could do…”mumbled Lucy. Susan put a hand on her shoulder, while i gave her a small reassuring smile.

“Are you sure you saw Aslan?” Peter asked.

“Positive” Lucy said confidently, Peter nodded though fully, as if he were thinking of something really important, not that this isn’t important but….

“I know a way to preoccupy Miraz,” Caspian said suddenly, “He’s all about traditions and he wouldn’t dare turn one down, especially in front of his comrades. It’s a duel, the only problem is it’s a duel to the….” Caspian trailed off.

“Death,” I finished for him knowing exactly where he was going with this, “Casper you can’t be serious, you know Miraz takes these things very seriously and if Peter were to lose…” I trailed off. We all sat in silence for a minute when Peter spoke up,

“If it will give Lu time to get to Aslan, I’ll do it.” He said standing up.

“This is mad! Sending a little girl out there by herself!” Trufflehunter exclaimed.

“She’s not going alone,” Susan cut in, “I’m going with her.”

“As am I.” I said, I noticed Edmund shift uncomfortably next to me. I grabbed his hand and gently squeezed it, to give him reassurance.

“Good then it’s all settled.”Peter said, while getting back up and leaving the room to go think.

2 Hours Later:

“Right so we all know the plan?” Peter asked more as a statement.

Edmund grabbed the paper we just wrote, and walked out of the room, while smiling slightly at me. Before anyone could say anything I was out the door running after Edmund.

“Edmund! Ed wait up!” I called after. Edmund stopped walking and turned around to face me. I ran up to him, and said, “I just wanted to say Good Luck and Stay Safe.” Then I did something I would never even think of, I kissed him. Before he could react, I pulled away.

“I’m so sorry, I-I shouldn’t have done that-” I rambled on but, was cut off by warm lips meeting mine. His lips were soft and warm against mine. Edmund’s wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My arms wrapped themselves around his neck, pulling him closer to my height tangling in his hair. We finally pulled away, after what felt like forever, breathing heavily. Edmund smiled down at me and I smiled in return as he rested his forehead against mine, his arms still wrapped around my waist, holding me close. Edmund was about to say something, when we heard someone clear their throat loudly. We jumped away from each other. I turn to see Caspian smirking at us. Edmund and I both blushed a deep red.

Edmund cleared his throat and said, “Right, well, I better get going, have to deliver this.” Waving the parchment in the air. He glanced at me nervously, and nodded to Caspian. I watched Edmund walk away then turned around to face Caspian. Caspian was smirking so big I thought he might break his jaw, while leaning against the wall casually.

“I knew it!” he said still not taking the smirk off his face.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said not looking Caspian in the eye.

“Oh! Don’t give me that crap; everyone knows you fancy each other!” He retorted, I blushed a deep red.

I sighed, "fine, I do like him but, I don’t even know if anything, will come for this. So, don't you dare tell anyone! Besides its not like you are any better with Susan” I threatened.

“Tell anyone what?” Cat asked suspiciously, as she came up from behind Caspian.

“Nothing.” I said quickly. Cat narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously.

“Really” I said desperately trying to get her to believe me.

“Fine don’t tell me.” She said, “Peter wanted to see you Anna.” Cat continued.

“Right” I said glaring at Caspian while I walked past them. He just chuckled and shook his head. I made my way to the stone table lost in thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter nine!
hope you enjoyed
Sam