Sequel: Accidents Can Happen
Status: Completed

If We Don't Make it, We'll Fake It

Fight. Prt. 2.

I stood there unable to do anything to break this fight up, I was starting to get mad myself from the way they were acting, I repeatedly ran my hands through my hair, trying to figure out something to do about this, I didn’t want to but I knew I had to, so I yelled for Zacky. I heard more than one set of footsteps before the door of Brian’s room swung open.

“What the hell is going on in here?” Zacky demanded while grabbing onto Matt’s arm yanking him away and Jimmy doing the same for Brian while Johnny had me in a side-hug type deal, both of them got quiet as Zacky’s voice boomed throughout the room, if they told him the reason we would all be in trouble.

“He came in here and started shit.” Brian said wiping the blood off the corner of his mouth.

“Over what?” Jimmy questioned.

“Bridgett.” Matt replied holding his nose.

So much for not getting in trouble.

“What about her?” Zacky asked getting irritated.

“He knew that I liked her but he was in here making out with her.”

“That’s fucking bullshit Matt, I didn’t know you liked her, so don’t try to blame it on me.” Brian defended.

“Wait, you and my sister were making out?” Zacky asked placing his fingers on his temple massaging them in circles.

“This is all my fault, I should have never came here.” I yelled walking out of the room slamming the door. I was doing what I did a lot, running from my problems, you figured I would learn my lesson because my mom always told me your problems always follow you.

And they do.

I ran until I couldn’t run anymore and collapsed on the beach as the tide was slowly rolling in brushing against the bottoms of my feet, I closed my eyes as tight as I could and opened them, thinking maybe it would all just go away. I felt like it was my fault, I caused two best friend to fight and I didn’t even realize it, maybe it was time to go home.

“Bee.” I heard the familiar voice of Alexa calling behind me, I looked up to find her coming my way, fortunately for her she missed the little fight this morning due to the fact that she has family here and was off visiting them.

“Yeah?” I mumbled.

“What are you doing?” She asked standing above me with her hands placed on her hips.

“Laying here, obviously.”

“Thanks for that Captain Obvious, but really, I walked into your brother’s house and everyone was going crazy, so what’s going on?”

“It’s all my fault.” I said sighing.

“What is?”

“Matt and Brian got into a fight over me.”

“I’m sure it’s not your fault, now tell me what exactly happened.”

“Matt walked in on me and Brian kissing, apparently he liked me and I didn’t know it.”

“Bee, you can’t blame that on yourself, Matt didn’t tell you he liked you and Brian made the first move so you’re not to blame.”

“I guess.” I said drawing in the sand with my fingers. Maybe it wasn’t my fault but that didn’t stop me from blaming myself. After all, they were fighting over me, it would have never happened if I just told my mom no that I didn’t want to be here.

I was mentally yelling at myself, it all happened for a reason I suppose but the problem was I had fallen for Brian and I was scared and mad at myself for letting that happened. It wasn’t supposed to happen, I had no intention on getting involved with anyone while I was out here but it happened anyways. I was drug out of my thought by Alexa lightly shaking my shoulder.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go back to the house.” She said standing up and brushing her pants off, she offered her hand down to me and I gladly accepted and pulled myself to my feet brushing the sand off pants as well.

The walk back to the house was silent and my stomach was in knots, I could feel the awkwardness from outside the house and knew the tension inside of it was thick enough to cut through with a knife. Alexa opened the door and I slowly made my way inside where everyone was sitting in the living room staring blankly at the TV, Zacky looked up at me first with slight disappointment in his eyes and my heart sank a little.

I turned to walk away when I was grabbed by the arm and was pulled into a hug by my brother. I gripped onto him and kept repeating how sorry I was over and over, all he did was stroke my hair and told me it was okay, and he wasn’t at all mad.

“It’s okay Bee, they made up.” He reassured me. I nodded slightly and made my way into the living room and towards the stairs which I walked up and went straight into my room. I threw myself on the bed and told myself that everything would be okay now. I was just making a big deal out of nothing.

There was a knock on the door and I rolled over to see who it was, the door cracked and in came Brian and Matt with sympathetic looks on their faces. I was still slightly mad at them for starting that fight, but hey, I had a right to be. I rolled back over as I felt weight shift on the bed and someone began to tickle my feet and I started giggling.

“Stop.” I said sitting up glaring at Matt.

“Sorry.” He smiled.

“We came up here to apologize, what we did was out of line and we blew it out of proportion.”

“Yes you did.” I added and Brian smirked.

“I’m sorry that I hit Brian, if you two are happy then I’m happy.” Matt said smiling.

“I love you Mattie.” I said hugging him.

“And I’m sorry that I fought back.” Brian said.

“You’re forgiven.” I said pulling them both into a hug. Matt grinned before getting up and walking out of the room closing the door behind him. I fiddled with my thumbs anxiously as Brian sat on the bed beside me. I felt his hand on top of mine and smiled up at him.

“Why are you so fidgety?” He asked.

“Just anxious, I guess.”

“How come?”

“You make me that way.” I said looking up into his brown eyes. He smiled as he brought his hand up to graze my face before his lips softly landed on mine. I smiled into the kiss as he laid beside me wrapping a protective arm around my waist.

Everything was okay.