Sequel: Accidents Can Happen
Status: Completed

If We Don't Make it, We'll Fake It

Puppy.

I awoke to the violent rays beaming onto my face, I opened my eyes and immediately clasped them shut from the agonizing headache I was suffering from. I tossed a pillow over my head and pulled the blankets up higher around my small figure. I heard my door open and close causing me to cringe. It was that bad.

“Bee, wake up.” I heard Brian’s soft voice.

“Leave me alone.” I mumbled.

“It’s almost 1 in the afternoon.”

“So? My head feels like it’s going to explode.”

“I brought you Tylenol and water.” He bargained and I slowly raised up out of the bed and squinted my eyes at him causing him to smile softly at me, I knew I probably looked like a disaster, but it would match how I felt. I gladly accepted and swallowed the pills and drank the glass of water.

“Now get up, we’re BBQ’N in the backyard.” He ordered before leaving the room.

I got up and stripped everything off before walking over to my clothes bins and pulling out my mint green bikini that had little gold stars on it that I bought from Victoria’s Secret. I was planning on laying out and maybe going for a swim. I tied my hair up and grabbed my large sunglasses slipping them onto my face before continuing out.

I stopped at the bottom of the steps to find the house dead silent, which was a first. I stopped in the kitchen and grabbed a cold bottle of water before walking to the sliding glass doors and out onto the deck. I looked over the railing to find Matt grilling, Zacky and Johnny laying on floaties in the water and Brian and Jimmy sitting in lawn chairs beside the pool.

I opened the gate and walked down the steps and into the soft grass that grazed the bottoms of my feet as I walked. I walked over to the patio out of dodge and opened my water before taking a sip and placing it firmly on the table. I headed in the direction of the guys.

“Bee, you have a nice rack.” Johnny commented and everyone looked up and I cringed. Zack groaned and kicked his floatie causing him to tumble off into the water.

“You have an amazing body.” Jimmy winked.

“Amazing is an understatement.” Matt mumbled.

“More like along the lines of perfect.” Brian smiled.

“Would you guys shut up? You act like you’ve never seen a girl before.” I growled.

“Not one as beautiful as you.” Jimmy cooed.

“Oh, please.” I scoffed.

I walked over to the pool and placed my foot into the water feeling it, it was a bit chilly but it was boiling hot today. I pulled my foot back up and backed up into a chest. I turned around to see Brian giving me an evil grin. I smiled timidly before pushing past him and running as fast as I could across the yard.

“I’ll get you Bee!” He taunted as I screamed with laughter. I turned around to see him gaining on me and smirking.

“Remember, I’m athletic, and you smoke, you’ll give up.” I showed a toothy smile.

“That’s what you think now.” I giggled at him as I ran as fast I could making laps back around the house and towards the pool again. I turned around and didn’t see Brian anywhere, I looked around cautiously but he was nowhere to be found.

Until I felt two strong arms wrapping around my waist, I turned to find those chocolate brown eyes boring into my green ones. “Got ya.” He whispered before I screamed as he picked me up and started running towards the pool, before I could say anything we were both underwater, I surfaced and glared daggers at him.

“Asshole.” I mumbled walking up the stairs in the pool, I walked over towards the chairs where he was now perched I glared at him and he smirked before pulling me down onto his lap wrapping his arms tightly around me, this earning a glare from Matt, which Jimmy noticed.

“So, how’s the food coming along?” He asked directing it towards Matt.

“Just wonderful.” He smirked.

I got out of Brian’s grasp before folding out a beach chair and laying out flat on it, I was planning on getting a better tan, it is California after all. I laid there for about 30 minutes before Matt announced the food was ready. We all jumped up and placed ourselves at the picnic table. We all chit chatted and ate our food, which was amazing.

Once we all got done eating, everyone was pretty stuffed so we just laid around by the pool. Jimmy got up and disappeared about 10 minutes ago and no one was quite sure where he went before I heard him yelling my name around the house.

“Ugh.” I groaned getting up and walking around the house. “What is it?” I asked once I reached him.

“I have something for you.” He grinned sheepishly.

“What?” He opened the door of the house and out bounded a solid white puppy. I grinned and bent down to pet it. “Awe, Jimmy.” I cooed.

“He’s a belated birthday present, he was the only white German Shepherd they had, he was unique, just like you.”

“Thank you so much, he’s beautiful!” I said wrapping my arms around his slim waist.

“Of course, love.”

“What’s his name?”

“You name him.”

I stood there for a moment thinking until it popped into my head. “Ace, I’m naming him Ace.” I said scratching the puppies’ ears. Jimmy grinned before walking back around the house were I ran behind him with the a playful Ace nipping at my heels.

“Zackattack!” I yelled causing him to almost fall off his floatie.

“What?”

“Look what Jimmy got me!” I said sitting on the grass as the puppy jumped into my lap.

“He’s cute and everything, but he has to stay outside.”

“No!” I gasped.

“Bee, he’s a German shepherd for Christ’s sake.”

“You can’t make him stay outside, he’s helpless.” I said whining, with tears brimming my eyes.

“Man, your gonna make her cry, just let the dog stay in.” Matt said.

“Fine.” He huffed.

I knew he would give in.