Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

And That, Is That

Image

Get a minimum eight hours of sleep my ass.

Once I made it to bed last night, even if I had been able to sleep, I would have only gotten three hours of shut eye in; though I would have gladly taken it. However, after chatting with Zacky, my mind just couldn't shut off.

Fuck, it wouldn't even slow down.

He'd been nice about it, sure, but he'd basically informed me that our relationship was moving way too fast. I hadn't given it much thought but now as he slept, on what I had previously considered his side of the bed, an occasional snoring grunt escaping his slightly parted lips, I knew he'd meant it. We'd actually went to bed last night without touching, he didn't even attempt to soften the blow with a goodnight kiss for my sake. He'd just thrown on the breaks and that was that.

"Figures," I muttered to myself. I probably had jumped head first into our relationship a little too quickly, but it had felt right. Like for once I was fighting for something that I truly wanted. But naturally that never worked out for me. I was beginning to learn that the easiest way to go about life, my life anyway, was by not expecting things just in case they didn't happen. I guess what truly pissed me off was the fact that he'd spent so much time chasing after me, post-Terra, that I assumed he'd truly wanted an us.

But assuming clearly made an ass out of me. The guys were going to love this.

I slid out of my bed carefully and padded across my room to my closet. I added an off the shoulder light grey sweater to my tank top and pantie ensamble and headed out of my room, down the hallway, and into the kitchen. The clock on the wall read 4:17am and I felt panic begin to rise from the pit of my stomach, and not because of Zack. Trish was supposed to be knocking on my door by now to pick up the kids, but I hadn't even heard from her yet.

I opened up my fridge, grabbed a left over juice box and opened it up before leaning against the counter with my hip and reaching for the phone. I dialed my sister's number without another thought and moved through the living room and opened up the sliding glass doors. I was greeted with a light gust of warm early morning breeze. I stepped barefoot onto the cement deck and looked out over the city, street and business lights slowly disappearing as the sun began to show it's face.

When Trish's voice greeted me asking for me to leave a message I hung up and quickly dialed Craig's cell number. I took a seat at the picnic table and fingered the stitching lightly on one of the life jackets drying on top, I was getting antsy, but I felt a million times better when Trish finally answered her husband's phone.

"Oh my god, Bailey, I'm so sorry. I was just gonna call you."

My heart sunk as fast as it had lifted.

"Trish, what's wrong?"

"We're still in Montana. We won't be home for a few hours, our flights were delayed majorly."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My good deed was biting me in the ass.

Figures.

"Trish, I have to be at my photoshoot in an hour and a half. It's a contract shoot, I cannot get out of it short of dropping dead in front of them."

"Bailey, I'm sure you can find a way to put if off for just a couple of hours or something, please? Or is it possible to take them with you? Or maybe call Stephany..." she paused for a moment before speaking again. "Or Terra even."

"Even if Terra was an option, she's doing the shoot with me today. So is Becca. And quite honestly, you don't wanna even leave your dog with Stephany."

It was true, after watching her with her own daughter, not-the-mommy-type signs began flashing brightly in my head.

The silence on the other end of the phone made me feel empty and sick. I had pretty much just listed ALL of my friends.

"Bailey?"

"I can't fucking believe this," I sighed heavily and grasped my forehead with my free hand and drew my knees up to my chest as I sat sideways on the bench. "It's gonna cost me thousands of dollars to get out of this contract."

"You don't need to get out of it, I just need you to hold out for me for a bit, please, Bail?"

"What choice do I have? It's not like you're just across the city. Maggie's gonna kill me when I get fined."

"I'll pay your fine," she bit back with a bit of a snarl.

"Whatever," I responded flatly. I just wanted to get off the phone and deal with the situation. "Call me when you get into LAX."

I felt bad for basically hanging up on her but my stress levels had pretty much broken through the roof. All I wanted now was to kick Zack out of my bed, wish him good luck, then crawl in and hide there for a few days.

"I'll watch them until she gets home."

I turned my head and noticed Zack standing in the open doorway; his black hair going in every direction and dressed in nothing but boxers. Since he'd answered my problem, I began to wonder just how long he'd been standing there listening in.

"You have to go to the studio," I countered his offer and got up from the picnic table and carried myself towards him.

He stepped back out of the doorway and frowned before taking a page from my book. "Bailey, what choice do you have?"

"I'll take the fine." I stepped past him and headed back through my living room and into the kitchen.

I heard him close the sliding glass doors before he joined me in the kitchen, he looked tired and irritated but that was so not my fault. "I have Gianna and Gavin anyway. I'll take Ava and Xander with me, and the guys can take turns entertaining them."

I scowled before announcing sarcastically. "Yeah I'm sure they'll appreciate that, hell they might even make me their new best friend."

"Alright." he stated more firmly. "What happens when Trish can't get here in a few hours like she thinks, what then? You just gonna dish out how ever much they want to get you out of your contract and ruin your reputation? You think other agencies are gonna wanna hire you when they hear that you're fine with just paying and bailing."

Immediately a new nickname, Bailey the Bailer, popped into my mind. It may have sounded funny but Zack was right. If I paid to get out of this contract, I was done. I'd have a very hard time getting another modeling job.

I hated swallowing my pride, but I did anyway and nodded slightly. "Thank you. I"ll send Trish over as soon as she gets out of LAX."

"Don't worry about it." He ran his fingers through his hair and scratched his head before leaving me standing alone in the kitchen. It took everything I had not to cry while my life began crumbling around me.

***

When I met Becca in front of Quioxte Studio she passed me a bottle of water and blinked a few times. "Rough night?" she asked as casually as she could, but the look on her face was a clear indication that even she was a little shocked.

I shook my head lightly and let out a sigh. "I have had like no sleep. Zack and I, are, I don't even know. And my sister is still in fucking Montana, and Zack has to take all four kids to the studio."

"Ohhh," Becca cringed and we began walking towards the front doors. "Well hopefully today is going to be fairly easy."

"Yeah, that's not gonna be the case, for me anyway." I pulled the door open and let Becca step through first before following her towards the receptionist at her desk which was adorned with several vases of roses.

"Quioxte Studios. Can I help you?"

"The coffin case shoot," I hitched my purse further up my shoulder and she grinned, showing her perfectly white teeth before gesturing down the hall. "Studio C, I'll take you there."

Becca and I followed in silence and I enjoyed the moment before we entered Studio C. It was utter chaos. People rushed past us all with their own agendas, trying to make good impressions on one another and get the job at hand done on time. I guided Becca towards the hair and make-up chairs and we were greeted immediately by Terra whom was getting her hair rolled up into rollers.

"Morning," she greeted us cheerfully.

"Morning," Becca replied casually and took her seat on the far side of Terra, I merely nodded in recognition and I sat down to her right.

"You're next," the stylist glanced over a me for a moment before returning his attention back to Terra's black locks.

"You look like hell," Terra stated bluntly.

I glanced over at her and found that she was still looking straight forward but gauging my reactions from my reflection in the large mirrors in front of us. Was she really trying the whole small talk thing after everything we'd been through?

"Seriously." She said again. "I know you, you're always pristine for these things. What's up?"

She had me there. Instead of even bothering to try and respond I turned forward in my own chair again and tried to relax. I just wanted to get through today, hassle free and get home to rest, maybe even sleep the last day away and forget all about it.

"Fighting with Zack?"

"Terra," I warned, snapping my head around and locking eyes with her. She never backed down, simply narrowed her gaze.

"Bailey," she mocked before straightening up in her chair. "Maybe we haven't talked in a long time, and yes maybe I fucked your boyfriend, but I still know you better than anyone here."

If suddenly seeing the world in a solid color was possible, I would have been seeing red, significant of the blood that was gonna spill if she opened her mouth again.

"Make-up," the stylist urged Terra up out of her chair and moved on to me. Becca looked up at me from her phone and offered me a smile that slightly lightened my mood and let me know that not everyone was out to get me.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket. The text read simply, Team Bailey.

I couldn't help but laugh softly and I was rewarded with the sylist tugging on my hair and forcing me to sit up straight again. I was about to put my phone away and actually pay attention again when my phone went off again. Assuming it was Becca again I glanced over at her with a smile then returned my attention to my phone.

Brody Jenner x 2
Lunch?
Please? You know you wanna ;)


I replied that I wouldn't be able to make it for lunch today and almost hit send, when an idea hit me. Zack wouldn't be impressed, but today I didn't really care.

***

"What's this place?" Xander asked curiously from the passenger seat as I maneuverd the car into the parking lot of the studio.

"It's where I work," I smiled at the boy and glanced at the other three buckled up in the back. "You guys can unbuckle now."

"Is Bailey coming to get us later?" Gianna asked casually as she reached over and undid Ava's seatbuckle. I felt terrible not having a car seat for the little girl, but I couldn't exactly run out and buy her one. Thankfully my niece had definitely soaked up my sister's mothering instincts.

"No, your mom will be here to pick you up later." I slipped my keys into my pocket and opened up the door. I climbed slowly from behind the wheel and stood up straight, reaching my hands into the air and stretching before opening the back door to let the trio out.

"That sucks. I like Bailey, Uncle Zack. Her house was fun." Gavin smiled up at me as he slipped out of the car and stood to my side.

"Yo, crazy kids this way!"

I turned around and saw Jimmy holding the front door to the studio open. At least he was genuinely alright with the kids being here.

All four of them took off running across the small fenced-in parking lot towards the door. Rev ushered them inside and I followed, eager to get my hands on my guitar and let off some steam.

It was a few hours later when I was sitting on the couch in the lounge when I heard the buzz for the front door. I was going to get up and grab it when Matt bolted up and beat me to it.

Maybe he was expecting Emily?

I listened intently and boucned Ava lightly on my knee as Gianna strummed my guitar while Brian showed Gavin how to pluck a few strings on his guitar. I didn't recognize the voice but Xander must have because he got up from his spot on the floor in front of Brian and headed towards the front of the building where Matt had went. I sat Ava down on the couch, and Jimmy began tickling her, sending the little girl into fits of laughter that made me smile. Her aunt and her definitely shared the same smile.

Though Bailey hadn't been smiling much this morning.

I hadn't meant to upset her, I just couldn't believe how fast we were moving, and I was scared that if we didn't take time and nurture our relationship, we were going to have much bigger problems.

"Umm, is Zachary Baker here?"

I rounded the corner and watched as he shifted his weight and removed his sunglasses by placing them on the beak of his ball cap.

"Brody!"

Brody Jenner couched down and held his arms out towards Xander. "Hey lil' man. You rockin' out here in the studio?"

"Zack's so cool, he let us play his guitar!" Xander beamed as Brody stood up and ruffled the boy's hair. "Yeah he is pretty cool. But your Aunt wants me to take you for lunch and to the park. We can even take Bently to the dog park if you want. Think you and Ava can handle that?"

Xander nodded excitedly. "Sweet, I'll go get her." He took off running and blew past me, headed deeper into the studio.

On one hand, it was nice that Bailey had found someone to watch the kids so I could get some work done, on the other hand, it royally pissed me off that she'd not only sent Brody, but she hadn't warned me about it either. And the fact that he knew her niece and nephew made me realise just how close she and Brody might have been.

"Hey man, Bailey said you had all the kids here today, I thought I'd help out and take a couple off your hands."

I nodded and realised Matt was watching us intently, and I choked out an answer. "Yeah, that's great, thanks."

Brody grinned in response, and the jealous side of me wanted to smack it right off his face. "No problem," he held his hand out and Ava hurried past me right towards Brody and into his arms.

Bailey and I's relationship may be newer, but I kind of hated the fact that both Ava and Xander were so keen on leaving with him.

"You guys working on a new album?" Brody bent down to help Ava put on her shoes as I grabbed the small hoodies each of the kids had been wearing and passed Xander his before helping Ava into hers.

"Trying," I admitted before standing up and smiling at the kids. "You guys have fun, and behave."

"Buh bye," Ava waved at me and Xander thanked me before they left with Brody, leaving me standing in the middle of the kitchen with Matt. He stayed silent long enough and I thought I was gonna get away without a comment, but he must have changed his mind.

"Well that was interesting."

I shrugged. "Bailey knows I need to work. Brody was probably the only one who could help out."

"Convenient that they use to date. They must still be pretty close."

I tried not to think about it.

"They're friends." I found myself defending their relationship, hoping that it was true.

Matt nodded and eyed me carefully before standing up straight and moving towards the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water for himself then tossed me one. "Alright, lets go see if we can get some tracks laid down."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, it's short and breeding more drama, but thanks for reading! <333