The Game of Seduction

Accepted

Kia stormed up from the basement after they tallied up the scores. She was in last place: no ribbons and no stickers. She didn’t go back to get the sticker that she had stuck on the wall. If the first guy didn’t know who she was before, going back to get it in front of everyone might just give it away.

Yes, Kia may be a sore loser, but it was more of the fact that she lost to Ian that totally ticked her off. She could handle losing to anyone else. But to Ian? No. Kia had always won against him even though it, whatever this game is, just started last night.

Kia went back up to the main floor. She felt the blood drain from her body and she wondered why stairs had to be so difficult and exhausting when you’re intoxicated.

It seem like everyone else was in the living room playing games of some sort. She spotted a twister mat and cards spread across the coffee table. No one seemed to have noticed her when she walked pass, like always.

She went out onto the deck, bare footed. She forgot where she had left her flip flops. It was still quite warm and humid out. The night sky was bright, covered by grey clouds. It was suppose to rain earlier today but it still hasn’t yet.

Kia didn’t see anyone outside besides one random guy smoking by the patio door. Kia stepped off the warm wood of the deck and onto the cold stone tiles. She staggered a bit. I’m not going to let him win, or let that one win of his go un… punished? Avenged? I’m just won’t let it go. Ian cheated; he was completely out of line. Did he even think about what would happen if I got caught when the lights turned on? Stickin bastard! I’m going to get you back… somehow. She clenched her teeth, still fuming.

Kia walked out to the edge of the pool, sighing. It was lit by a few solar powered orbs floating on the water. The pool looked inviting. She dipped one foot into the water. It wasn’t cold, kind of warm. The pool heater must still be on. Maybe I should get Jess to go for a dip with me.

“Are you going to jump?” The voice startled her. Kia recognized that deep, smooth voice of his.

She turned her head slowly, looking over her shoulder. Ian was no more than two meters away. How did I not hear him coming? “What if I am?” She asked in a low tone, staring at him. He had his shirt back on.

Ian shrugged, “It’s not like it’s a building or a cliff. I won’t stop you.”

“Good,” Kia said, her eyes lingering on him for a couple of seconds before she turned back to the pool. She heard him take some steps closer. Without another thought, Kia lifted her dark blue dress and pulled it off. She dropped it by her feet and did a shallow dive into the pool.

Lucky for her, her purple bikini top didn’t slip off from impact. Kia surfaced at little more than half way down the pool. She stood up, the water to her shoulders, and turned around. Ian was standing at the edge, staring at her with slight surprise.

Kia stared back, “It’s not a building or a cliff,” she said, raising her brow in challenge.

A crooked smile appeared on his face. He stared at Kia for a moment, perhaps contemplating her intentions, before he shrugged out of his t-shirt and dove in.

It was a beautiful shallow dive. She watched Ian glide to the left of her, slowing down gradually. Suddenly, her leg got pulled out from underneath her. She fell under water, breathing in some water. Kia quickly stood up, coughing. She found Ian looking at her with amusement. “What’s wrong with you?” She snapped.

“Many things,” Ian said with a hint of a smile.

“I know, but I meant what specifically made you so inclined to do that,” she spat angrily.

“It’s hard to say,” he replied with a shrug.

“Of course, there’re so many interconnected issues all meshed up in that little brain of yours,” Kia stated harshly. She saw Ian’s eyes narrow at her.

“Weren’t you plotting some kind revenge?” Ian asked, bringing up a new topic. “It seemed like you had some trick hidden in those big pretty eyes of yours.”

“No, not really,” Kia said, turning around and began to swim towards the deep end. I was gonna wing it, but he totally ruined the mood. She was still angry with him, more so now, but she was just going to retreat... for today at least.

Ian quickly swam up beside her and then stopped in front of her. She nearly crashed into him. He was just smiling at her. Kia glared at him, managing to stay afloat. She was never good at treading water. She swam to the right but he moved to block her again.

Kia grunted and rolled her eyes, before she turned around and swam towards the shallow end.

A couple of seconds later, he caught up to her and swam in front of her. Kia stopped, standing up with the water to her shoulders. She glared at him, “What are you doing?”

“What are you doing?” He ignored her question. “You’re not getting out of the water already, are you?”

“Yeah, I’m not use to swimming with pigs,” Kia said with an icy glare.

“Oh, come on. You’re still mad about me undressing you earlier?”

Kia’s eyes hardened, her jaw clenched. She loved to hold a grudge. “Just get lost,” she uttered, restraining herself from sneering. She swam off again, but to the side of the pool this time since it was closer than either ends.

She reached the pool ledge where her toes barely able to touch the floor. She propped herself up on the ledge with her arms but then suddenly, Ian wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her back down. Kia grabbed onto the ledge quickly.

“You’re not getting away that easily,” Ian whispered by her ear.

“And why not?” Kia asked angrily as she unwrapped his arm from her waist and turned to glare at him. She still had a hand on the ledge since she could only touch the bottom of the pool with the very tips of her toes.

“The game has just started,” he smirked, leaning in close with his hands against the wall. He was standing tall, the water just to his shoulders. “You accepted my challenge right?”

Kia narrowed her eyes at him, staring straight into his bright eyes. “I would hardly call you a challenge,” she paused, “but sure.” I’m probably going to regret this. “Game on, bitch.”

Ian’s smile widened immediately. An adorable smile, Kia had to admit.

“Now, get out of the way,” she said, feeling uncomfortable with the current situation: dangling from the ledge of the pool while Ian was right in her face.

“What? No way,” he shook his head slightly. “You obviously had something planed. Let’s play it out.”

“It’s no fun if you know I’m planning something.” And I really didn’t think this through. I’m no good in water.

“It could be,” he half smiled. “You’ll just have to really surprise me,” He leaned in a bit closer, his face was just inches away from hers and his blue eyes stared intently into her green ones.“You always do,” he whispered.

“Hah,” Kia laughed out of nervousness. “I’m flattered, but no.” Kia placed her free hand on his chest and pushed. It actually worked this time since they were in water and she had the wall for leverage. “I don’t want to play games right now.”

About a foot of space opened up between them. He was still holding onto the wall. “You don’t get to decide when we play or not. It’s the freedom of the game and freedom to do what we want.” He leaned in again.

It was a game that she didn’t quite understand and it seemed like he hasn’t exactly figured out all of the rules yet. “Ian,” Kia pushed against his chest again. He couldn’t get closer. “Don’t make me knee you in the balls,” she threatened calmly.

Ian grabbed hold of the hand she had on his chest and Kia lifted her knee, aiming at his crotch. He unexpectedly caught her leg before she did any damage. He swiftly grabbed hold of the other leg and leaned into her, placing himself in between her legs.

“Hey!” Kia wrapped her free hand around his neck out of surprise. Somehow, their encounters always end up with him pushing her against a wall.

Ian pressed his body against hers, snaking one arm around her waist and leaned his face close to hers again. “What?” He breathed onto her lips.

Kia looked down at his lips. They were so close to hers, just centimeters away. So alluring. Her breathing slowed, becoming controlled. She glanced back up. A pool light nearby made all his features clear as day. It made her cheeks grow hot. How is he so handsome?

A corner of his lips curved up mischievously. “It won’t kill you,” he whispered and the words seemed to ring a bell. “If you want to do something, just do it.”

Kia stared into his eyes for another second and then averted, swallowing hard. “Don’t flatter yourself.” She tightened her grip on the cool ledge of the pool.

“You know I’m not,” Ian teased, running his hand up the back of her thigh. “You want me,” he whispered, bring his lips even closer.

Kia’s lips parted involuntarily. His lips touched hers, but barely. He didn’t move. The hotness of their breath made it feel like their lips were connected, but there was probably still a paper-thin space between them.

Ian waited. He wanted her to make the move and Kia knew every well what he was trying to do, but damn, it was so tempting. She held her ground even though he had shaken the mantle of which it was on. She tightened her jaw; determine to resist the magnetic forces of his lips. Then again, actually doing so was a totally different story.

Kia knew she didn’t have to hold out forever, just as long as he succumbs first. She saw him take glances down at her lips and it made her uncontrollably do the same. It seemed to weaken him, but unfortunately, her as well. She was putting so much effort in keeping her lips where they were, but it felt like the rest of her body was gravitating towards him. Then an insane thought came to mind. Maybe losing to him another time wouldn’t be so bad. I might be able to turn it around… somehow. Right?

Suddenly, there was the sound of a throat clearing. They both looked up and saw Jess standing at the edge of the pool, arms crossed. She didn’t look pleased.

Ian smiled at Jess and then with a sigh and a shake of his head, he turned back at her. “Next time, Kia,” he said and pulled away from her.

Kia gave him a weird look for a second and then turned around to pull herself out of the pool.

“Jess, how do you always have such perfect timing?” Ian asked, treading water in the middle of the pool.

“I don’t know,” Jess said, glaring down at him. “I just hope I don’t have to make a habit out of it. Right, Kia?”

“Huh?” Kia was surprised by what she was saying. “Just walk, Jess,” she avoided and gave Jess a shove towards the house. Kia bent down to pick up her dress and she heard a whistle from behind her. Her eyes tightened, teeth clenched, as she stood back up and turned towards Ian.

He was smiling smugly at her as he continued to tread. Kia smiled back, not caring to hide the fakeness and then kicked water at him.

“Hey!” Ian called out and Kia walked away quickly.

She caught up with Jess.

“You never listen, do you?” Jess asked, not looking at Kia as she continued to walk.

“Uh…,” Kia didn’t know what to say.

“Why do you keep getting yourself involved with him?”

“It’s not my fault,” Kia shrugged. “It’s not like I wanted to. He started it.”

“Started what?” Jess asked, stopping in front of her.

Kia didn’t make eye contact with her. Jess was really scary when she’s upset. “I don’t know, some kind of game,” she half mumbled.

“What?” Jess sounded completely incredulous.

“Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” she tried to assure her.

“Kia, he’s a player and I don’t mean basketball. He’s like a pro at playing with a girl's feelings. What makes you think that you can…,” Jess searched for the word, “I don’t know. Deal with him? You can’t win against him.”

It's as if Jess forgot who she was talking to. That was not the kind of thing to say to an overly-competitive person like Kia. “I know what he is and I can deal with him," Kia said, sounding a tad annoyed. "Plus, I have been wining –mostly winning,” Kia corrected herself. “Just don’t worry, please.”
 
Jess stared at her, thinking. “This is stupid,” she said bluntly. Jess is Kia’s best friend. No one knew her better than Jess did. She knew that if Kia had her mind set on doing something, however stupid it may be, she will do it. Jess shook her head with a sigh. “Don’t come crying to me,” she warned and headed inside.
 
“Promise,” Kia mumbled and followed after her. The truth was, she didn't know if of this whole thing with Ian would continue any longer. After the weekend, it's a whole new week and that actually has a truer meaning than it literally sounds.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe if you haven't already. Make me happy. i love it when the # of subscribers go up. Comment as well, positive or negative are both appreciated. :D

I just posted a new story too. Check it out! It's called Take it, Break it or Lose it