Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Homecoming

Part Two

2006

"This shining city built of gold, a far cry from innocence! There's more than meets the eye round here, look to the waters of the deep! A City Of Evil!"

Tapping her hands on the steering wheel Kat nodded her head to the beat, singing the lyrics at the top of her voice as her car flew down the PCH.

Glancing to the passenger seat she grinned at the younger girl sat beside her "Can I help you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're such a dork!" The 16 year old giggled. Skye Summers was, quite possibly, the best thing to happen to 24 year old Katherine Jacobs. The two hit it off on their first meeting in 2002 and were ecstatic when Kat's mom - Lucy - married Skye's dad - Andrew - and they became official step-sisters.

"But you missed me!" Kat grinned, she had touched down in Huntington the previous night - back for good after living in the U.K. since 2000.

Skye rolled her eyes and shrugged "I guess."

Kat smiled as she pulled up in the driveway of her old family home "It's so weird being here," She breathed, not allowing herself to look to the Baker household next door.

Tying her white blonde hair into a high ponytail Skye rushed to catch up with the older girl "Stop being a wimp," She joked.

Kat sighed as she placed an arm around Skye's shoulders "You don't understand little'un."

Shaking the arm off Skye made an annoyed sounding groan "Stop it with the age digs old lady!" She smirked as they swung the front door open "Dad and Luce are in the back firing up the bbq," She added, handing Kat a bottle of water before grabbing one for herself.

"Hey Honey!" Lucy called as soon as she set her eyes on her daughter. She made her way across the garden, throwing her arms around Kat's petite frame "I missed you!"

Kat rolled her eyes as she hugged back "You saw me yesterday mom."

"Not the same, you weren't home yesterday," Lucy smiled, patting the younger woman's shoulder "Hotel room my ass! I've made up your old room for you."

Kat smiled at her mom's fussy nature as she hi-fived Andrew before stretching out on the grass next to Skye.

"Good to see you Kat," Andrew greeted with his usual twinkling grin.

"Well, I'm back now for good so I'll be here so much you'll be sick of me!" She joked in reply.

"Why did you leave anyway?" Skye asked, rolling onto her side to face her step-sister.

Kat frowned and let out a sigh as she remembered the painful, confused time that was her teenage years "I guess I just couldn't handle the drama."

Her tone of voice sent her family into silence, leaving her to her thoughts. Brian's chocolate eyes came to mind but she quickly pushed the image away. She knew he'd still be living in Huntington, most probably working as a mechanic; a job he always said would be his type of thing.

It would only be a matter of time before she bumped into him again...
♠ ♠ ♠
What an awful place to end...

So, this is part 2 of Like I Do :)