Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Lunch Date and Babysitting

"We're going here for lunch?" Brian asked, scrunching his nose.

Kat giggled "I like McDonalds!" She defended herself "Plus its the only food place anywhere near my job."

He rolled his eyes jokingly "I suppose I'll have to let you off," He smiled, wrapping an arm around her waist.

She chuckled as she ordered their meals, unable to hid her amusement at the look on the McDonald's worker's face upon seeing Brian "Let's go find a seat," She smiled as he lifted their tray of food and followed close behind her.

"So," He started once they were sat comfortably.

"This is weird," She grinned, munching on her fries.

"I know," He smiled back, scooting closer to her he placed his hand on her thigh "We shouldn't be awkward KitKat."

She snuggled into his side, leaning her head on his shoulder she felt his hand moving from her leg to around her waist "Let's stop being awkward then."

He squeezed her tightly and placed a kiss on the side of her head "So, what d'ya say? Will you be my girlfriend?"

Her heart pounded and her lips stretched into a grin as she glanced up to meet his chocolate eyes "Of course I will." As soon as she finished speaking his lips captured hers in a kiss.

Once they pulled away he brushed her hair off her face "It's nice to be able to do that whenever I like."

She reached up and kissed his cheekbone "I know the feeling," she smiled, turning her attention back to her fries and chicken nuggets "Do you want to come round tonight? I'm babysitting Jaz."

He grinned at the thought of the adorable little girl and nodded "Sounds fun."

*

"I'm babysitting Jaz tonight," Kat informed her mom and Andrew, the couple were off out for a meal that night.

Lucy's face fell for a second "Aaw, I always miss out on seeing her!"

Andrew rolled his eyes "We're gunna be, what, 2 hours? You'll still get to see her."

"Who?" Skye asked as she breezed into the kitchen "Oh, Jaz right? I'm going out but I'll be here to see her at some point."

The three members of her family all turned to look at her suspiciously "Where you going?" Lucy asked with a smirk.

Skye rolled her eyes "Just to see someone! I'll tell you guys about it later."

As there was a knock on the door and they were momentarily distracted Skye slipped out of the kitchen and headed up the stairs.

"I'll get it," Kat chuckled, knowing exactly who it was as she made her way to the door "Hey."

"Hi," Brian smiled back, stepping in through the door and giving her a quick peck on the cheek "Did you know your sister's dating Matty Baker?"

Kat paused, a smile tugging at her lips as she recalled Zach's younger brother, he'd been 12 when she'd last seen him and a right pain in the ass "So that's who she's going out with tonight!" She chuckled "Isn't he older than her?" she suddenly frowned.

Brian shrugged "He's 18 I think," Before laughing lightly at the look on Kat's face "C'mon baby," He said, squeezing her hand "Matty B's one of the good guys."

She raised one eyebrow "He better be."

*

"Thanks for this guys," Shan smiled warmly as Jazmine scampered into the house, dragging Brian with her by the leg of his jeans.

"It's fine," Kat chuckled "You have fun doing, y'know, whatever it is you're here for."

Jasper laughed "All in good time my friend! We'll be back around 11?"

"Have fun!" Kat called after her two friends, they turned to wave half way up the drive "So, what we watching you tw-oh," She finished with a sigh as she saw the 'High School Musical' opening credits appear on the T.V. "Seriously Jaz? I thought you hated this film!"

The small girl shrugged from where she was sat beside Brian "I caved I guess."

*

It was 3 runs of High School Musical, singing and dancing along with Zac Efron and Vanessa Whats-her-face, before Jaz fell asleep. Lifting her in his arms Brian lay her in Kat's bed so she was comfortable until her parents came back.

"We're all in this together...."

"Stop it!" Kat exclaimed with a laugh over Brian's soft singing.

"It's in my head," He grumbled "Kill me? Please?"

She laughed as they say back down on the couch "Thanks for keeping me company tonight."

"It's cool," He smiled "She's so damn cute it's hard to say no."

Kat grinned, her heart swelling with pride as it did every time someone complimented the little girl she adored so much.

"But..." As soon as the word left his mouth he skin prickled with unease "I dunno if I'm talking out of turn here..." He rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, her heart pounded uncomfortably "She doesn't really look like Jasper or Shan does she?" He asked slowly, waiting for an answer or reaction from her. She simply paled "She looks more like..."

"Me?" Kat asked in a whisper.

Brian frowned "I, well, yeah."

She sighed, tucking her knees up to her chest she rested her chin on them "I guess I should explain."