He's got all the girls wrapped around his finger. Better yet, all, but one.

Chapter 14

Izzy's POV.

I watched as Kale's car pulled into the driveway. I sighed and pushed myself off of my bed. I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a straight dark purple dress. It stopped just above my knees. It was a spaghetti strap dress with a lacy V in the front and a straight across in the back.

The purple glistened in the light. I then looked at the shoes I was wearing. I had on black heels that showed off my matching purple toe nails. Just on coincidence I had that purple on my toe nails. I then looked from my toes to the mirror in front of me.

My eyes glistened a pretty blue underneath my bangs and straight hair that lay limp. I groaned when the doorbell rang throughout the house. I started downstairs. I could faintly hear the talk of Kale and my parents. As I got closer to the downstairs the voices got louder and I could make out what they were saying.

"Hello Mrs. Rein." Kale said politely. "Mr. Rein."

"Well you must be Kale." I heard my mother say.

"Yeah..." I could tell he was rolling his eyes. I rounded the corner and saw them all.

Kale was wearing a white button-up and a pair of nice jeans. I smiled at the thought of Kale listening to me.

"Well Izzy's almost done." I tapped my dad on the shoulder.

"I'm right here." I said out loud. They all turned and looked at me.

"Alright then let's go." My mom said clasping her hands together. "We'll just have to pick up Ash and Rachel then we'll go." I smirked. I forgot to recap what I just did.

I kind of called him and told my mom that Ash was just around the corner and said that he should come to dinner. I then gave her the phone and ran away not wanting to wait for her to change her mind and give me the phone back.

I smiled to myself knowing that this was better than the money I was getting since Ash really didn't want to come. Then it hit me.

"Rachel?" I asked. My mom nodded.

"Yeah he said she was coming." I smiled wider. That meant they made up... or did my mom just assume like she usually do. I walked slowly behind waiting for Kale to catch up.

"Yo hurry it up douche." I warned him. He skipped a step and was in pace with me. I looked up and he didn't say anything. I raised an eyebrow. Suddenly Kale's gaze came up and his eyes met mine. I pulled them quickly away. I felt my face grow hot.

Was it just me or did we just have a spark?

*******************************************

Kale's POV.

I looked at my outfit. I was actually kind of nervous. I mean I had to get her parents to like me and then maybe she'd come along with them. I watched as my fingers button-up the white shirt I was wearing. I then dropped my hands letting the top two buttons go undone and show my neck.

I glanced down at my phone. The time read 6:42. I had enough time if I left now so I picked up my phone and shoved it into the pockets of my jeans. I made sure the collar was good on my shirt and then walked downstairs to the front door.

*******************************************

I cleared my throat and then my index finger fiddled with the doorbell. I ran it across the button and then pressed it softly. The tune chimed into the house and within seconds the door was opened.

There in front of me stood a woman about in her early thirties. She was wearing a dark red dress that stopped just below her knees with matching heels. Her hair was a bright red. It reminded me of Izzy's.

"Why hello there." She said and her lips parted to show a smile. I tried to smile back, but it didn't work so I nodded.

"Hello Mrs. Rein." I turned to see a man in about his early thirties as well. He had dark brow hair and he was wearing a nice shirt and slacks. I nodded to him as well. "Mr. Rein."

"Well you must be Kale." Mrs. Rein was still smiling.

"Yeah..." I rolled my eyes. Smart girl.

"Well Izzy's almost done." Izzy's dad said.

"I'm right here." Izzy said out loud. We all turned to face her.

"Alright then let's go." Her mom said clasping her hands together. "We'll just have to pick up Ash and Rachel then we'll go." Izzy smirked.

Her dress hugged her curves nicely. Her hair surrounded her face perfectly and her eyes pierced through her red bangs. The smirk of hers mad her look evil and trust me. Evil was a good look on her. Her smirk softly faded into a smile then it was wiped away.

"Rachel?" he asked. Her mom only nodded as she grabbed a jacket and we started to the car.

"Yeah he said she was coming." Izzy's smile reappeared. This time it was wider. I walked slowly taking in Izzy's silhouette.

"Yo hurry it up douche." Izzy mumbled. I picked up my pace until we were in unison. I could feel Izzy's eyes on me. I looked up and for a brief second our eyes met. Then without a second longer Izzy's face turned the opposite direction away from me. I sighed softly and walked to the other side of her parents’ car and got in.