He's got all the girls wrapped around his finger. Better yet, all, but one.

Chapter 19

Izzy's POV.

"No! Well um... yes, but no!" Greg threw his cigarette onto the ground and stomped it out with his foot.

"Wow Izzy. Really? You fell for it?!" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Greg what are you talking about?" I asked taking a step closer to him.

"You really don't get it do you? Kale doesn't like you! He has never liked you!" Greg shouted. I cringed, but then spoke.

"I know that. I knew that Greg. That's why we're 'dating'." I said using my fingers to quote the word 'dating'. Greg was taken back by this.

"What do you mean?" He asked, "Wait... you know? Why are you helping him?"

"Yes I know he's in an arranged marriage." I said to Greg. "I'm just helping him out." Greg shook his head and let out a sigh and an evil chuckle.

"That's not it Izzy." He said while chuckling.

"Okay, you're drunk Greg. That is the reason. He told me himself." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No it's not Izzy." He said taking a step closer to me. "You don't know the real reason." Greg breathed.

"Funny... another reason then tell me what it is." Greg's eyes darted towards the building behind me and I turned to see Kale standing against the building glared at us...

Actually I think Greg...

"Yeah Greg. Tell her why." Kale hissed. He pushed himself off of the building and walked towards us. When he got to us he wrapped him arms around me.

"You tell her..." Kale whispered.

*******************************************

Kale's POV.

::Flashback::

"Aw shit." I muttered.

"What she's not falling for it?" I turned to see Greg leaning against his car.

"What are you talking about?" I asked acting like nothing happened.

"I know it's just a bet with Izzy. I overheard Blaze talking to someone." Greg said pushing off of his car.

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked.

"Tell Izzy probably. I don't want her hurt. That's why I asked her to the dance." He said opening up his car door. "Oh yeah and just to let you know Izzy won't fall for it. She's smarter than that." He said and with that slammed his door closed and sped out of the school. I ground my teeth together and punched my car leaving a dent.

"Fuck." I whisper yelled.

::Present::


Greg knew that this was all a bet.

"Hey um Claire stay here." I said pushing her away from me and headed towards the exit that Greg and Izzy had gone out. I pressed my back against the building. I looked over to see the two talking. All of a sudden Greg shouted at Izzy.

"You really don't get it do you? Kale doesn't like you! He has never liked you!" Greg shouted. Izzy cringed, but then spoke.

"I know that. I knew that Greg. That's why we're 'dating'." She said using her fingers to quote the word 'dating'. Greg was taken back.

"What do you mean?" He asked, "Wait... you know? Why are you helping him?"

"Yes I know he's in an arranged marriage." Izzy said to him. "I'm just helping him out." Greg shook his head, let out a sigh and an evil chuckle.

"That's not it Izzy." He said while chuckling.

"Okay, you're drunk Greg. That is the reason. He told me himself." Izzy crossed her arms over her chest.

"No it's not Izzy." He said taking a step closer to me. "You don't know the real reason." Greg breathed on her.

"Funny... another reason then tell me what it is." I spoke up. Greg's eyes darted towards the building behind them and slowly Izzy turned to see me standing against the building glared at Greg.

"Yeah Greg. Tell her why." I hissed. I pushed myself off of the building and walked towards them. When I got to them I wrapped my arms around Izzy.

"You tell her..." I whispered.

Greg didn't move. He looked between me and Izzy quickly then to his feet like he was thinking.

::Flashback::

"You better not tell her Greg." I warned him stepping closer to him in a threatening way.

"Are you threatening me?" He asked not really occupied in the conversation.

"I know you asked Izzy to the dance." Greg's eyes shot up to glare at me.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"People..." I said fiddling the cigarette butt that was on the side of the school building in between my fingers.

"Oh, from one of your fuck buddies?" He asked. I crushed the cigarette butt in my fingers and threw it to the ground.

"Greg... I'm taking Izzy whether you like it or not." I hissed at him. His stare was cold and motionless.

"Go for it Kale. She's going to want to know why you like her so much now. I was your friend and she'll want to know. I'll know and I'll tell her." Greg said starting to walk away. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him close.

"If you say anything to her you’ll be regretting it the second the words leave your lips." I hissed.