He's got all the girls wrapped around his finger. Better yet, all, but one.

Chapter 9

Izzy's POV.

I watched as Rachel's tears glazed her eyes and when she blinked they started to fall. I felt really bad for her. I watched as Ash finished his explanation. He noticed the tears and wiped one away. He went to give her a comforting hug, but she pushed him away and she walked out of the house crying and sobbing. I wanted to go after her, but it wasn't my problem to mess with. Ash slumped over to the stairs where I was sitting and sat next to me.

"I messed up." He said resting his head in his hands. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Give her time to calm down. What did you tell her anyways?" I asked him.

"I told her that I was drunk." He started.

"Good that'll at least show her that you weren't in the best state of thinking." He glared at me and I laughed. "Kidding, but seriously it'll probably help a little bit."

"Well then-"

DING DONG!

Ash was cut off by the doorbell. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Rachel?" I questioned. Ash shook his head.

"Naw the way she looked I don't think she'll ever be coming back." I sighed and pushed myself off the stairs to the front door. Who was it? I opened the door and my mouth fell into a frown.

"Aw why the long face? I'm here." It was Kale. I groaned.

"Do we have to do the project today?" I asked not wanting to see him. He shrugged.

"We could just go up to you’re..." He trailed off stepping closer to me. "room and play around." he breathed on my ear and I shuttered.

"Um no." I said pushing away from him.

"Hey Ash." Kale said over my shoulder.

"Hey Kale." Ash said. His voice wasn't the usual happy self. I frowned and looked back at Kale.

"Actually we're going to go out today instead of the project." I told him grabbing my running shoes, slipped them on and then looking back at Ash. Kale already was in his car. He was way too eager. Why? "Ash do something please I hate seeing you like this." I said and with that I left the house hoping that Ash would get up and do something other than mope which looked like was going to happen. I hoped into Kale's car and looked at him.

"Where to?" He asked.

"I really don't care." I told him putting on my seatbelt.

"Alright than." With that he pulled out of our driveway and headed down the road.

*******************************************

"Where the hell are we?" I asked getting out of Kale's car.

"My favorite spot." He said pulling off his shirt.

"Kale what the hell?!" With that Kale ran past a few bushes and was out of my sight. "Kale?!" I yelled after him. Where was he? I pushed the branches of the bushes out of my way and followed the path I watched Kale run. When I pushed past the last branches I took a step and lost my balance.

SPLASH!

My body swam to the top as I gasped for air coughing on the water I had just swallowed. Laughing came from where I just was. I wiped my eyes and noticed black eyeliner smeared along my hands. I looked towards the laughing to see Kale rolling around laughing on the surface.

"You're an ass." I muttered spitting out the rest of the water that was in my mouth.

"Oh... Oh... That was perfect...Ha!" Kale said between chuckles.

"Ha-ha very funny." I said dunking my head under the water and rubbing my eyes getting the eyeliner off of them the best I could. I probably looked like a raccoon by now. As I came up Kale was finished laughing and just staring at me. "What?" I asked. He just shrugged and switched his glance from me to the sky. I looked up and noticed the blue sky was fading and it was being enveloped with gold, oranges and reds as the sunset fell across the sky. I pulled myself out of the water and sat next to Kale squeezing my hair and getting the last bit of water out of it.

"Is this why you like this place so much?" I asked. Kale just nodded keeping in silence. The water shimmered and reflected the yellows off of it. Every once in a while a ripple would go through the lake then it'd calm back down again. I didn't know how long we sat there just looking, but the sky's gold was starting to fade and darkness was beginning to take its place.

"I came here when my mom died. My dad couldn't find me when he drank and I'd just come here to get away from his yelling." Kale said looking down at the water.

"Kale-" I started, but he continued.

"I knew he had to stop and I confronted him. He went to rehab for a year and I went to live with my aunt and uncle. When he got out he never told me. About two years ago my dad came back for me. He had a new slut for a wife. I couldn't object because he had stopped drinking and that was all I cared about."

"Kale I never knew that." I said putting my hand on his arm. He looked form the lake to me.

"Nobody knows other than my family. My mom was the only person who understood me." He said as our eyes met.

"I know how you feel. My parents are never home. Ash and I take care of the house and maybe see our parents every once in awhile when they come home from vacations and business trips. Last time I saw them was Christmas of last year and that was for one weekend." I looked down at my feet as they rested on the cool grass by the lake. "Trust me. I know how you feel." I told him leaning against him and setting my head on his shoulder. He didn't move. He didn't shun me away or anything. He let me rest my head on his shoulder and we sat there in silence again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but the next couple chapters will also be shorter. A few shorter than this one. :/ I had already written them on Quizilla and wanted them out fast for my readers, but I don't feel like putting them all into one or two chapters. So bare with me! :)