Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 10

I sighed and pressed harder against the side of my car. I was waiting for Reina, but in the process everyone leaving the school for lunch was flooding the parking lot. I didn't like the stares I was getting or the whispers as people walked by. I shifted uncomfortably when Sam walked by eyeing me carefully.

I pried my eyes from his and stared at the ground as a blow of cold air came through the parking lot. I gripped my jacket closer to my body wishing I had put on something more than capris.

"Alright here I am." I looked up to see Reina smiling a quick second before they changed and her jaw dropped. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" I asked looking down seeing if something was on me.

"That's your car?" I turned and looked at my all white 2006 dodge charger.

"Yeah it's nothing special." Reina looked like her eyes were going to pop out of her head.

"N-nothing sp-pecial?!" I shrugged before opening my door and hopping in.

"To get a car even close to this I'd have to like rob a bank or something." I frowned.

"It was a gift, but aren't your parents rich?" Reina shifted around getting her seatbelt in as I started the car and peeled out of my parking space.

"They are, but I have to work for every cent I spend." She said sighing. "I hate my parents."

"That's not something nice to say. They're doing it for a good reason." I replied, taking a turn.

"Yeah, I guess they are..."

"What do you want for lunch?" I asked.

"Um I don't really mind." Reina replied looking out the side window.

"Well I don't either so what sounds good to you at this exact moment?" I asked her not knowing what she liked. I didn't want to pick somewhere that she didn't like.

"Well I could go for some pizza." She said her voice getting a little bit quieter.

"Sounds delicious! Pizza it is!"

"You'll eat pizza?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Why wouldn't I?" Reina shrugged.

"I guess I always saw you as one of those prissy girls who just eat salads." I cringed.

"I hate those girls. If you can't eat whatever you want and stay skinny hell, I'd just eat everything and not care about my weight." Reina smiled.

"Seriously?" I nodded.

"So what pizza place is your favorite?"

_________________________________________________

As soon as we had left the pizza parlor I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder. It felt like I was being watched, but I knew I wasn't. I kept glancing behind me to the point where I was starting to freak Reina out.

"Why do you keep looking behind us?" She asked as we started to walk back into school. Lunch was just about over and people were now flooded the doors to get back in and to class on time.

"I don't know. I feel like there's something watching me or something." Reina pursed her lips and looked once again behind us.

"I don't think anyone's watching, but I know the feeling." I cocked an eyebrow and Reina shrugged. "I've felt it since this morning like something wrong was going to happen." I bit my lip. The same feeling had came over me this morning, but I brushedit off thinking it was nothing.

"I don't like this feeling."

"Me either, but come on let's ignore it. What do you have next?" Reina asked pushing past our subject and starting a new one.

"I have umm..." I stopped for a second to think before replying, "English. What about you?"

"AP Biology." She replied.

"Sounds fun." I said sarcastically.

"Totally." She replied back in the same tone. I couldn't help, but smile. I didn't know why nobody wanted to be friends with Reina. She was really nice.

"What's up freak?" I looked up to see Seth walk by with a smirk.

"Seth I outta smack the-" I was going to kick his ass for saying that.

"Whoa! Hayden chill. I didn't mean it seriously! I mean nobody's gossiping about so it's freaky." My mouth closed and I blinked a few times before looking next to me. Reina was gone and I couldn't help, but stare at her empty spot.

"I thought you were talking about..." My voice quieted as I saw a familiar face pass by me. A scowl quickly pasted across my lips.

"So I heard you and Reina were hanging out."

"Yeah, but I'll talk to you later Seth." I patted him on the back as he kept talking for a few seconds and made my way across the hall. My eyes made contact with a certain pair and I crossed my arms across my chest.

"We need to talk." I hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)) I hope you enjoy it!! I wish I could put my banners on here too, but I only have them on quizilla. :(