Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 23

“What?” His bright eyes opened wide in shock.

“I want you to kiss me.” I repeated, looking straight at him, waiting for his reaction.

There he stood, froze for a few seconds, just staring back at me as if thinking it over. I didn’t know why, but those words came from my lips so suddenly and almost desperately. I wanted to feel his lips against my own, possibly to have his tongue fight with mine.

He quietly took a step closer to me, his hand rising. My heart started to beat faster. He was going to kiss me! He was so close. I couldn’t help, but let my eyes close and wait for his breath to mingle with mine, but it never did…

My eyes snapped open and that’s when I heard the loud chuckle.

The step he had taken towards me was gone now as he had taken a few back, his forehead and hands resting against the brick wall as he laughed at me. His head shook as he continued to chuckle at my request.

Why? I had no clue.

He flipped around and his left hand made contact with his hair, only to run his fingers through it and continue to laugh at me. A frown graced my lips.

“Are you laughing at me?” I asked, the answer was pretty obvious, but I couldn’t help, but let the words leave my lips. I knew he was laughing at me. I mean I was the only one with him right now. Besides us, the halls were empty and not even a hall monitor of some kind was with us. He was laughing at me, but what about me?

My words only made him grip his stomach and continue on with his outburst.

“What the hell are you laughing at?!” I growled, angered by him. This only made his bluish-green eyes fill up with tears and his body shake even harder from the fits of laughter. I stood, just watching him. My hands balled into fists. The asshole…

He really wasn’t going to answer me. Instead he’d just stand there and laugh hysterically at me. So, I decided not to wait around for an answer. I turned and started towards my class. It’s weird that I was actually going to class, I know, but I wasn’t going to just stand in the hallway and be made fun of for no reason!

“Hayden! Wait!” I didn’t stop as I continued to hear rolls of laughter fall from Seth’s lips. He barely got those two words out from his lips. It’s not like they were sealed, but his gasps of air made them hard to release.

He’s such a jackass!

My heels clicked loudly through the almost silent halls as I walked briskly down them. But as usual before I could get very far my wrist was grabbed onto and I came to a halt. I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was. His stifles of chuckles gave him away.

“Why’d you walk away?” He asked, his voice holding something back and that something was what made me walk away from him. His stupid ass giggles. It made him sound like a little girl or something, well besides the fact that they were deep, husky giggles. Can you even giggle like that? I didn’t think it was possible, but here I was listening to it.

“Just let go of me Seth.” I grumbled, trying to yank my wrist from his hand. I was in such a good mood a few minutes ago…

“No, wait.”

I closed my eyes and sighed, “Please Seth,” I tried again.

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me what’s got your panties in a wad. I thought you and I were having fun just now. What got you so angry?” I whipped around and I roughly pulled my wrist free.

“You’re a stupid jerk! That’s why! I ask for one thing, only one thing! It wasn’t even that big of a deal and you make it into something extremely funny! I was serious about it and then you go and turn into a hyena and laugh at me like it was some sort of joke, well, continue on laughing. Don’t answer me or anything and most of all, don’t let me ruin your fun that you were having!” My breathing was ragged as I finished my rant, Seth speechless.

His eyebrows scrunched together as his eyes looked at me, all laughter drawn from them, only confusion left.

“Wait, you were, were serious?” His lips moved slowly as he stuttered, finding the right word as he asked the question.

“Yes you dumbass!” I didn’t know what had gotten into me, but I was infuriated! Anger was literally bubbling up and over. He actually offended me moments ago and Hayden Jones wasn’t going to let it go.

“Well, I didn’t know that!” He defended.

“Oh, really? I hadn’t noticed!” I yelled at him.

He sucked in a breath before saying, “Maybe you should’ve made it clearer.”

“Clearer? I thought it was pretty clear when I said it twice! You know what, just go on and continue laughing like I said before, don’t let me ruin your fun!” I had had enough and I wasn’t going to listen to his stupid ‘oh I didn’t know’ excuses.

“Hayden…”

“You’re obviously not one of the guys I thought you were.” Only imagined that you were…

So with that I stormed off again, this time thankful that he didn’t grab me and stop me again. I probably would’ve just let myself kiss him senseless, but he obviously wasn’t the type of guy I pictured him as. The time I had known him obviously was just some sort of joke. We were no more than friends. Everything else was nothing.

“Is everything all right?” A teacher asked as I walked past an English room. I nodded, not even glancing back at Seth.

“It’s just peachy.”

**************************************

“Miss Jones, please put these papers in the right folders, then can you walk down to the main office and drop off some forms for the sophomore field-trip?” Mrs. Becker’s sweet voice asked me. I nodded.

How did an angel of a lady get stuck running detention?

“Sure Mrs. Becker.” I smiled as best as I could muster up before receiving the forms from her hands and finishing the stack of papers I already had.

Yup, I got detention. All thanks to that asshole during passing time. Since I actually showed up to class rather than missing the whole period, I got an actual detention. It was written on a piece of paper for me and an email was sent to the principal. Sounds fun, right? Wrong.

Even having Mrs. Becker run the detention wasn’t fun. Sure she was friendly and sweet; I actually wanted to do the work for her because of how nice she asked me! I bet you that’s how she gets her husband to do stuff for her or that’s how she tells him she doesn’t want to get down and dirty at night. One little soft word and you’re hooked. She could like hypnotize people with it. Detention was much more amusing when I could mess with the teacher or even skip and get out of it.

But anyways! Here I was, placing papers in folders and giving forms to the office. Super fun afterschool activity, not.

My phone was vibrating like crazy in my pocket from all of the text messages and missed phone calls that Lindsay and Ryan were sending me. I knew it was them after only checking the screen once and by how many times they did it which in their cases were every minute!

“I’ll be back, but as soon as you can send those forms down?” Mrs. Becker’s voice filled my ears and I nodded. She swiftly moved out of the room and down the hall making the room totally silent. Of course I got detention on a day that nobody else got it so I was in the room by myself as soon as Mrs. Becker left.

Sighing I pulled my phone out of my pocket and read through some messages, but I found them all around the same topic. ‘Where are you?’ So, I put it back in my pocket. Slipping one last paper into the ‘M’ file, I grabbed the field trip forms and made my way out into the hallway.

Detention was actually a break from everything today, a break from the jackasses that I had to deal with on a daily basis and the rumors that spread faster than a speeding bullet. Nobody would really call staying after a relaxing time, but for me it actual was today. Weird? Yeah, probably, but I couldn’t help it. My body felt good after sitting in silence. Nothing had to be said, only done and that’s what happened. I kept quiet and did as I was told.

“Is that Hayden Jones, staying after?” My walk slowed as I turned slightly, meeting a head full of blonde hair.

“Why yes it is Mr. Williams. It is I, Hayden Jones, staying after.” Alec’s face lit up as I smiled at him.

“I never thought I’d see that.” He murmured, catching up to my pace as we walked.

“Oh jumping to conclusions already, are we? You’ve only been here a little while.”

“Enough to hear things.” He told me, his eyes flashing a bit of sorrow.

“Long enough to hear rumors, I see.”

“Well rumors they are because here you are. What, giving things to the office?” He questioned as I stopped in front of the office.

“Of course, like the good little girl I am.” I said, winking as I opened the door and stepped inside. The secretary smiled at me, grabbing the forms from my hands.

“Thank you.”

Nodding, I answered, “No problem.” Opening the door again I made my way out and over to Alec who was filling out a paper. “Paperwork?” I asked. He only nodded, writing a few more things down. “Sounds like fun.”

“Oh it is.” He laughed, pulling away from the paper and looking down at me.

“Hayden, thanks for doing everything today, your detention is over.” Mrs. Becker’s sweet words came from down the hall as she entered a science room door. Alec’s eyebrow went up in question and I laughed.

“I never said I was staying after to actually help now did I?”

“I guess the rumors are true then.” He smirked, making my gasp and cross my arms.

“Well I never…” I said, using my best accent which caused him to chuckle. “They wouldn’t be rumors if they were true so, you’re wrong. See you at the next party Alec.” His name flowed gracefully off of my tongue as I turned on my heel and headed towards the entrance of the building.

“See you around Miss Jones.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while and I'm sorry, but I hope you all enjoyed this! :)