Status: Active -- Please read my message in the comment section of this story!

Forever Yours

Agreements and Fights

Image
another banner by music's.got.control.

Image
banner by music's.got.control.

Image
banner made by me!

Nick stared at Sarah and then his eyes dropped down once again to Sarah’s stomach. She had done a very good job of hiding the bump – which he could now clearly see.

“So you’re about five months?” he asked, keeping his voice calm, more for Sarah’s sake then anything. Sarah nodded. “What is your due date?”

“April first,” Sarah replied. Nick grinned.

“A joker baby huh?” he teased. Sarah blushed. “So how do you want to go about this?” he then asked carefully.

Sarah sighed, “I have no idea, and I know that I should have thought of all this before you came up with our plan. I just wanted to meet Billie so much, I wasn’t thinking about anything else,” she admitted.

“Sarah no one is blaming you,” Nick said softly. “We just need to figure out a plan. Joe knows that we’ve been dating for a while, so if word got out that you were pregnant, then he would naturally assume that the baby is mine, which would force him to go to my parents. We just need to get our story straight.”

“So what do you want to do?”

“Do you want people to know the truth?” Sarah shook her head no. “Alright then, so we need a cover plan. I think it would be best if we passed this baby off as mine,” Nick said after some thought.

“Nick I couldn’t ask you to do that,” Sarah whispered.

“Darling, it’s the best option for everyone,” Nick replied as he hugged Sarah. He then gently pulled Sarah out of his arms and quickly got up. “If we’re going to do this, then we have to make it believable,” he explained as he walked out of the room. He came back a moment later with a chain necklace in his hand. He took the promise ring off of his ring finger and placed it onto the chain. He walked over to Sarah and wrapped the necklace around her neck.

“Nick…are you sure about this?” Sarah whispered her voice full of doubt. Nick clasped the chain and then sat in front of Sarah on the couch. He once again grasped Sarah’s hands and squeezed them gently.

“It’s the best option for you…and that baby,” Nick replied. “Neither of you deserve the backlash that you would end up getting from this…”

“You don’t either…” Sarah interrupted.

“Maybe not…but I don’t mind what others think.”

“You should…” she whispered. Nick sighed and leaned down, gently kissing Sarah’s lips.

“We’ll be fine,” he promised when he pulled away.

“So how do we do this? Are we going to need a blood test?” Sarah asked. As weary as she was about the idea, she was learning that it was better not to overly fight with Nick over the issue.

“No, in the state of California if you put my name on the birth certificate…they’ll believe that I’m the biological father,” Nick explained. Sarah nodded her mind still full of doubt. Nick sighed and gently leaned down, lightly placing his lips on Sarah’s. He knew that he needed to be kind and understanding, but he also wanted to rid Sarah of the doubt that she was having. Sarah leaned into the kiss, shocking the both of them. When Nick pulled away they looked at each other in silence. “We’ll be okay,” Nick promised before placing his hand lightly onto Sarah’s rounding stomach. Sarah nodded, her eyes still showed some doubt, but Nick could tell that she was starting to get used to the idea.

***

Billie was staring at the meat that she was currently cooking. Things had been awkward with Joe since Nick and Sarah had left. Billie knew that the awkwardness had been her fault. Joe wasn’t cheating on her, Billie knew that, but still Stacy always managed to ruin things for them and Billie was getting tired of feeling like Stacy matter more. Billie was so focused on her thoughts that she didn’t see or hear Joe enter the kitchen.

***

Joe was watching his wife…he loved watching her. She was cooking dinner and clearing thinking hard about something. Joe loved Billie, but he hated it when she got to thinking.

“So what did you think of Sarah?” Joe asked hoping to get Billie’s mind off what ever it was that she was thinking about. Billie looked over at Joe in shock.

“She seems nice,” she replied after a moment.

“Nick seems really into her,” Joe said as he got out the fixings for a salad. Billie nodded.

“I didn’t think Nick went to the south…” Billie replied. Joe looked over at Billie. The thought hadn’t occurred to him.

“Maybe she went to Texas to meet him,” Joe said after some thought. Billie nodded. It was possible.

“I wonder if your parents have met her.” Billie said out loud.

“Not likely…we would have heard all about her beforehand.” Billie seemed to be thinking about this. Joe sighed and got some dishes out. He placed the plates next to Billie and she served the food onto the plates. They then took their food into the dinning room and sat down. Joe didn’t know what he was supposed to say. He was tired of fighting with his wife. He wished that would see reason and realize that Joe had no control over what Stacy did. He truly did want nothing to do with her.

“What are you thinking about?” Billie asked curiously.

“I was wondering if you knew how much I love you,” Joe whispered. Billie sighed.

“I know that Joe. I’m just tired of Stacy always coming first,” Billie said with a strange edge in her voice.

“She doesn’t come first. I mean I’m sorry that my boss hired her, but there is nothing I can do about it,” Joe said. He didn’t want to fight, but it was clear that Billie was looking for one.

“Well maybe you should figure something out,” Billie replied.

“What do you want me to do Billie? Do you want me to quit? Do you want me to stay at home? Do you want to go work for some man just to make me jealous? I mean seriously what do you want me to do? Because I’m sick of you acting like I’m the bad guy in this,” Joe was close to losing it. His voice was tight, but he had managed not to yell. Tears began to appear in Billie’s eyes.

“I don’t know,” she admitted. “Maybe you should quit.”

“Billie I like my job,” Joe stated.

“I know…but it’s not fair,” Billie whispered.

“I just don’t understand you anymore,” Joe said.

“Well then…I’ll tell you what…you have a choice. Me or the job, you pick…I could care less,” Billie said as she walked away from the table. Joe sighed. He sat in silence for a while before getting up and cleaning the dishes and putting the leftovers away. He then walked up to the stairs and when he tried to turn the knob of his bedroom door, he found it locked. Joe leaned into the door. He just didn’t know what he was supposed to do anymore. He knocked, but Billie didn’t answer. This pissed Joe off.

“Billie…I’m leaving. I won’t be back tonight,” Joe said as he walked away. He took out his phone as he walked out of the house and dialed his brothers. He needed someone he could talk to…Nick and Kevin were just the two that could help him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eighth Chapter!

Thanks to

His. Southern. liar.
&
BSMSGIRL08


For Commenting on the last chapter.

Also thanks to music's.got.control. for my second banner! I can't remember (I'll look my my messages just in case) but did I message you about your character info? If not please message me and let me know...things have been crazy...N/M I checked and I did...I'll be trying to work your character into the story within then the next couple of chapters...sorry, I lost my head there for a moment...lol

Important Notice

In Blind Faith is on a hiatus...unfortunately I've lost focus on the story and need to take some time to get that focus back. At this time, it is unknown if I will be continuing the story or not...please be patient with me and I will let you know!