Status: Complete!

Circus Freak

Chapter 8: You Owe Me

Tre had explained to me his plan and I was feeling pretty uncertain about it.

"Are you sure it's going to work?" I asked.

"Trust me, babe, it's going to work," he said. "Now go walk past the ringleader now so me, Billie and Mike can do what we neeed to." I looked at Billie and Mike, Tre's two freinds that I just met. I was worried. I didn't know if it would be possible to pass three punk boys off as die-hard circus obsessed people. But that was the plan and I was willing to try anything to get me my act back.

I took a quick breath of air and walked in the direction of Boris' trailer, where he would most likely be found. He was smoking a cigar, as usual.

"Hey Boris," I said casually. "Are you seriously not going to let me preform tonight?"

"Fayina," he said knowingly. "Have you known me to ever change my mind?"

"No, but I've always done the tight rope act and you never cancelled me."

"That's because you never fell before.How do I know you won't again?"

"I won't. Besides, everybody knows when a star falls they come soaring to the top right afterward." I said the last part loudly as a signal for Tre, Mike, and Billie to enter. Billie walked towards Boris' trailer as if he were just looking around then he "spotted" me and his eyes widened in amazement and he said, rather loudly,

"Oh my God!"

"Please work. Please work," I prayed in my head over and over.

"You're Fafa the fantastic!"

"You know her?" Boris asked in amazement.

"Of course I do. I remember seeing her a few years ago when I lived in Virgina. She was the best in the show. Me and a bunch of others can't wait to see her perform tonight!"

"Well I'm sorry to say this," I said trying to sound apologetic and sincere. "But I'm not performing tonight."

"What?! Why not?!"

"The ringleader won't let me. Sorry for letting you down."

"Dammit! Then me and the fifty other people from my high school ain't coming either. We were only coming to see you," Billie said, emphasizing the last words by saying them loudly. Then right on queue Mike and Tre came walking towards the trailer. When they where in close proximity they screamed respectively,

"OMG! It's Fafa!"

" I can't wait to see you perform!"

"She's not performing," Billie said,"so lets get the hell out of here."

"Wait!" Boris cried out. "There's no need to leave. Fafa IS performing tonight. In fact, she is the grand finale. You wouldn't want to miss that, would you?"

"HELLS NO!" they all shouted simultaneously.

"Great," I said smiling. "Then I hope to see all of your faces in the audience tonight."

"You will," Tre said smiling at me and mouthed the words 'You owe me' when Boris wasn't looking as he walked away with his two friends.