Status: In Progress :)

Wonderwall

Home Opener

[Chapter 3]

In a week, Luc left for his training. We began drills and plays for our first game against the Carolina Hurricanes. Staal VS Staal. I had already become best friends with Kris, Max, Jordan, Evgeni, and Marc-André. Sidney and I have been close since he moved in last year. I'm friends with all of the guys, those 6 are just my main men. 

Luc calls me every night. He worries about me since we won't see each other until December when the Penguins play the Canucks. I miss him so much. Luc and Kris are still best friends. Luc stopped being mad when Kris backed off.

Little did Luc know, Kris only backed off when he was near. Even with the press around, Kris flirts secretly. He brings me a rose every day; a bouquet of roses the day after we win a game. He told me himself, and I quote, " Luc is my best friend and I love him as anyone can love their best friend, but I will not stop fighting for you. Never."

Things with Kris and I are very awkward. He's made it hard for me. When I marry Luc, I know he will try to stop it. There he will profess his love. There he will ruin his friendship. I have to stay away from him as much as possible or this relationship could turn ugly. 

A vibrating phone brought me back to reality from my unpleasant thoughts.  I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Bonjour, ma chérie." (Hello, my cherished.) I missed that familiar French voice. I loved it.

"Bonjour, mon amour." (Hello, my love) 

"We have to talk."

As soon as he said those words, I lost my breath. He can't be leaving me. Please no. "Yeah?" That was the only word I could choke out.

"I want to move the wedding up. We can go to Vegas, we can rush our wedding planner, I don't care. I'm going to marry you the day before we play each other this December."

I let the breath I had been holding out as a sigh of relief. "If that's what you want, that's what will happen. I'd marry you right now if you asked."

"You don't know how happy I am to hear that, my love."

I smiled. "Where are we going for Christmas this year, love?"

"Shippagan for Christmas and Montréal for New Years."

"Okay. Luc, I gotta get ready for the game. Watch it on t.v. Cheer for me, baby. I'll call you tonight after the game."

"Okay, baby. Bye. I love you."

I hung up and got ambushed by Max. "Kris' ringtone for you is funny. You gotta hear it."

"What is it, Maxie?"

"Call him. We're out of eyesight but within earshot."

I laughed. "Okay, Maxie." I called Kris. 

"I'll play along with this charade;
That doesn't seem to be a reason to change;
You know I feel so dirty when they start talkin' cute;
I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot;
Cuz she's watchin' him with those eyes;
And she's lovin' him with that body;
I just know it;
And he's holdin' her in his arms late late at night;
You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl;
I wish that I had Jessie's girl;
Where can I find a woman like that; 
Like Jessie's girl;
I wish that I had Jessie's girl;
Where can I find a woman;
Where can I find a woman like that;
And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time;
Wonderin' what she don't see in me;
I've been funny;
I've been cool with the lines;
Ain't that the way love's supposed to be?"

He wasn't near so he couldn't pick up. The tone played all the way out. I dropped my jaw. He really is serious. I didn't think that he was this serious. I have to end this. I ended the call. When everyone was in the room, I whistled to get their attention. "Luc and I are getting married in December. We moved the date to the day before we play the Canucks!"

Everyone cheered for me. Everyone except Kris. Kris walked up and hugged me. "Don't get too excited to marry Luc. I still have a month and a half to change your mind." Kris then smirked and walked away. I was in big trouble now.

Dan Bylsma told us to get out on the ice to practice. We all followed his orders. I skated circles around Cam Ward, smirking at him. "I'm gonna put that puck in this net for the game winner."

Cam laughed. "Keep dreaming, Lemieux."

I continued skating circles around him. He grabbed my ass on one of my revolutions around the net. I jumped. That's it. I pushed him into his goal. This calls for a hat trick tonight.

I went and took my left wing position for the game. Sid snatched the puck and passed it to Kris. Kris passed it to me. I slapped a ont-timer into the net. Right. By. Ward's. Face. He had No. Time. To. React. I laughed as I skated past him. Numéro un. (number one)

I skated back to the bench, getting hugged by Kris, who also had to go to the bench. "C'était incroyable. Vous êtes incroyable. Tellement beau." (That was amazing. You're amazing. So beautiful.)

I bit my lip. "Je ne pense pas que nous devrions agir de la sorte, Kris. Je vais me marier Luc." (I don't think we should act like this, Kris. I am going to marry Luc.)

Kris smirked. "Je vais vous marier un jour, Alicia Lemieux." (I will marry you someday Alicia Lemieux.) 

I ignored Kris the rest of the game. I has gotten one goal so far in the first period and once in the third. We were in a shootout. The score was 0-0 for the shootout. It was the third shoot for us. We were the second team to shoot. I skated on the ice, took the puck, and put it in the 5-hole. 

The team skated up to me and tackled me on the ice. I skated past Ward and smirked as the hats were raining down on the ice for me.

Max squeezed me. "Ali, that was amazing!"

"Thanks, Maxie." 

Max carried me to the locker room and we changed into our street clothes. Max ended up staying at my place. We watched Zombieland and ate pizza. After, we had a very tiring epic pillow fight. There were feathers everywhere. It was a fun night.

We both slept in my bed. That's how Luc found us that morning when he decided to surprise me. Let's just say that Luc saw it for what it wasn't, Max Talbot and I hooking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYkbTyHXwbs

so really... I need comments and ideas to keep writing. This isn't my best, as you can tell, but I am having severe writer's block! :(