Status: In Progress :)

Wonderwall

I Can't Do This Alone

[Chapter 6]

(Wed. Jan. 14th, 2009)

Sidney hugged me. "It's your first game back! Aren't you pumped?!"

I had a very small smile. "Yeah. We have to win this. Stupid Capitals and their stupid Russians!"

Sid laughed and patted me on the back before going to do his pre-game rituals. I sighed and sat on the bench in front of my stall. The two guys whose stalls were on either side of me sat down next to me.

"Chérie!" (cherished) Maxime Talbot yelled at me. The smile on his face was priceless. He hugged me and held me close.

"Alicia! Tu es de retour!" (You're back!) Marc-André Fleury also gave me a hug.

"Oui. Je suis de retour, mon pot de fleur et mon superstar." (yes. I'm back, my flower pot and my superstar) I showed a small smile.

Max grinned. "Kris is going to freak when he sees you!"

I laughed. "Kris and I are just best friends."

Marc laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes. "By the sounds of what Kris said, you two are so much more than friends."

Max nudged me a little. "Yeah. Kris is definitely head over heels for you, girl! He says he stops by every night that we're here in Pittsburgh to be with you and Etienne. That's more than just best friends, Alicia."

I got a little nervous. "No. Kris is my best friend. I belong to Luc. I always will." I got up and walked away, running into Kris in the process.

"Je suis tellement désolé, Alicia. Êtes-vous d'accord?" (I'm so sorry, Alicia. Are you okay?) Kris steadied me. "Alicia?! C'est vraiment toi!" (Alicia?! It's really you!) Kris squeezed me. "Je suis tellement heureux que vous soyez de retour!" (I'm so happy you're back!)

I hugged him. We got silent, just lost in the hug. I heard the song I Belong To You/ Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix by: Muse.

"Ah! réponds, réponds à ma tendresse, 
Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse, 
Réponds à ma tendresse, 
Réponds à ma tendresse, 
Ah, verse-moi l'ivresse, 

Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse
Réponds à ma tendresse! 
Réponds à ma tendresse! 
Ah! verse-moi l'ivresse

I belong, 
I belong, 
To you alone"
(Ah! answer, answer to my love, Pour me, pour me drunk, Respond to my tenderness, Answer my tenderness, Ah, makes me drunk, Pour me, pour me Answer my drunkenness love! Answer my love! Ah! makes me drunk I belong, I belong, To you alone.)

I heard Kris singing that in my ear. I froze. He smiled. "Muse has a way with words. Especially in French." He ran a hand across my cheek. "Alicia. I want you to lean on me. I know your pain. I'm feeling it too. I loved Luc too. We can't do this alone. I'm always here for you."

I nodded. "I can't do this alone anymore. Everything reminds me of Luc." I was about to start into a rant, but Kris silenced me with a kiss. 

"Alicia. Nous pouvons vous aider les uns les autres. Tout va s'arranger. Je vous promets." (Alicia. We can help each other out. It will all work out. I promise.)

I nodded. We both walked out to the rink, being the last ones on the ice to practice.

I kept shooting at Fleury, making it in 25% of the time. I smirked. "Vous êtes vraiment faire une amélioration sur votre épargne, fleur hein?" (You're really making an improvement on your saves, eh flower?)

Flower did one of his signature sarcasm laced laughs. "Très drôle, L'ange" (Very funny, Angel.)

I laughed. "Vous savez Je t'aime." (You know I love you)

He smiled. "Je sais." (I know).

I skated back around flower and laughed. He just shook his head. I was stopped abruptly by Ovechkin. "Pretty little French girl. I make you mine."

I pushed him away. "Va te faire foutre!" (Fuck off!)

He smirked and grabbed my ass, leaving his hand rest on it. "I love when you speak French."

I pushed him away and skated to my bench. I sat between Sid and Geno. Geno looked pretty pissed. "He bother you?"

I nodded. "He's a douche."

Sid flipped Ovechkin off. I hugged him. He smiled. "We got your back, L'ange. Ovechkin isn't going to come after you. We won't let him."

I nodded again. Geno looked me in the eyes. "You want me threat him?"

I laughed. "Yeah. Will you please threaten him for me, Geno?"

Geno nodded and glared at Ovechkin. As soon as coach Bylsma said he could go on the ice, Evgeni shot up and went straight to Ovechkin. "Вы видите, что немного по-французски девушка?" (You see that little French girl?)

Ovechkin smirked. "Это горячая штучка? Да." (That sexy little thing? Yeah.)

Evgeni put one his most intimidating face. "Держитесь подальше от нее или столкнуться с последствиями!" (Stay away from her or face the consequences!)

Ovechkin laughed at Malkin. "Я заставлю тебя дело, Шрек. Если ваша команда победит дерьмо, я не пойду за ней. Если мы победим, она возвращается в свой отель со мной сегодня вечером. Если вы не принимаете эту сделку, я найду ее, я возьму ее, и я буду ебать ее. Период." (I'll make you a deal, Shrek. If your shit team wins, I won't go after her. If we win, she comes back to my hotel with me tonight. If you don't take this deal, I will find her, I will take her, and I will fuck her. Period.)

Malkin's intimidating look suddenly turned serious. "Дело." (Deal.)

•••

It was overtime. We were in a shootout. Crosby and Malkin put one in the net. Backstrom and Semin put one in the net. The last shot was Ovechkin's. He skated fast and shot. The puck soared past Fleury's glove. The Capitals won. 

Ovechkin skated up to our bench and made eye contact with Geno. "Вы теряете, Малкин. Она моя сегодня." (You lose, Malkin. She is mine tonight.)

Geno had a look on his face that clearly read "Oh Shit!". Little did I know, the one thing he was thinking at that moment was: "what have I done?".

•••

We drove to the club after we showered and changed. Everyone was dancing. I was getting hot so I walked outside to get a breath of fresh air. It was dark out and I couldn't see 6 inches from my face. 

I turned to walk into the club when I got pushed into the backseat of a car. Someone pulled me into their lap and covered my eyes with their hand. 

I heard laughing all around me as the car drove off.

I had one thought go through my mind.

... I am fucked ...
♠ ♠ ♠
I Belong To You/ Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix by Muse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYtLOCuXhhU