The Matchmaker

Letting it Out

I got to Karly's house right as they were starting to make brownies, "yes I love midnight brownies before midnight." They looked back and we started mixing the brownie mix and soon enough we had a full on brownie war. Then of course we had to clean up so that her parents wouldn't get mad at us.

We went into Karly's room which was a very bright pink that she now hates. It was painted when she was about seven and her brothers room was a turquoise color and was also very bright. "What should we watch," Karly said looking through her collection of various DVD's.

"Let's make sure there is a hot guy in it," Allison said.

"Let's just watch valentine's day, I mean it just passed," Karly said and I half rolled my eyes but went along because I actually do like the movie. Even if it is corny and everyone ends up with a happy ending it's still funny and cute.

About thirty minutes into the movie as usual we stopped paying attention and started telling secrets. "I never told you guys this," Karly said, "but last year I secretly had a crush on Mario."

"No," Allison and I said in simultaneous shock.

"I don't really blame you he's really hot," Allison continued on.

"I honestly don't know why I liked him, I mean he's so terrible," she said and I nodded in agreement. He no longer went to our school because he got expelled.

"Okay my turn," Allison said, "this ones a little more embarrassing."

"Doubt it," I said and Karly gave me a little fake glare. We would have made fun of her so much if she had told us.

"Okay, you know at the beginning of the year when we had that huge meeting about the school toilet being clogged by a pad," she said really quick, "that was me."

Karly and I looked at each other and just burst out laughing, "Allison you are so dumb sometimes."

"I was in a rush and I forgot what I was doing," she said and me and Karly began laughing even harder. The way Allison sometimes said things just made it funnier than they actually were.

"Okay," Allison said, "your turn Bre, what's your deepest darkest secret."

"Sorry guys I haven't done anything or liked someone as embarrassing as you two," I said. They both rose their eyebrows at me, "the best i can do is falling down the stairs and the amount of times that's happened to me, it's normal." It was true I am one of the clumsiest people I know, I've tripped over nearly everything a person can trip over.

"I'm talking real deep dark secret," Allison said looking at me as if she knew for a fact I had a big secret.

I looked over at Karly who had the same lost look I did with respect to Allison. "Oh just tell her Bre, she'll find out eventually," Karly said.

"Tell me what," Allison whined lighting up at the thought of a secret.

"Fine," I said and looked at Allison sternly, "but you have to swear you won't tell a soul, this is seriously important."

"I promise," she smiled in anticipation.

I looked at Karly again nervously and she nodded as if it was okay to tell her. "I am the matchmaker, you know that stupid hot line thing." She burst out laughing and Karly and I looked at each other completely lost.

In between laughter she was able to get out, "you guys are good." She continued laughing until she noticed we hadn't joined in. "You guys can't be serious," she rose her eyebrow at the two of us.

"I gave you all the advice for Anthony," I said, "from the eye contact to the ultimatum disaster."

"So it was you all along," she said, "makes sense all your stupid phone calls."

"That's what I said," Karly exclaimed at that comment.

"I honestly tried to set you and him up and it was going good, until he decided to go crazy," I said rolling my eyes at the thought of him.

"So you don't want him to figure out," Allison said shocked.

"That's what I said," Karly exclaimed once again even though I'm pretty sure she didn't say it or at least not in those words.

"Trust me Allison, I have been working my butt off trying to keep it a secret," I said and then I looked over at Karly, "with barley any help from someone."

Karly crossed her arms, "it was one time."

Allison hugged me and I was kind of surprised, "Bre, your and awesome friend."