The Matchmaker

...?

We were there infront of thebig house that belonged to non other than the guy who had made my life chaos. Why was I here and why was I working so hard this is so dumb. I took a deep breath and then took a step forward, but Karly and Allison started fixing my hair which after all the running and climbing we had done is no where near perfect. "Guys relax it's fine," I said. I had never really been the type of girl to care.

We walked in and eyes were on us. Partly because we were late, partly because no one there relly knew who we were and partly because we looked good. You'd be surprised at how well some girls can actually clean up. Tanya's friends looked at us jaw dropped and immediatly pulled out their cell phones.

We walked in and this house was too much, even the stairs looked cool. People were all over and I would never find him, but thats okay it would still be fun. "Let me guess you must be Bre," I turned around to see a guy I didn't even know behind me. I nodded and he murmered to himself, "I don't know how he does it."

"Excuse me," I said as if trying to get a point out of this moron.

"Oh Anthony wanted to meet you upstairs," he said and the walked away. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my two friends who were waiting for me to go.

"Of course upstairs," I muttered to myself, "I hope his hopes aren't to high." He isn't getting anything, no way no how, but he was used to sluts like Tanya, so I can't say I'm not surprised.

"Come on Anthony she's so plain," I heard Tanya say and I knew that was the room I wanted. I walked in trying to be silent and as soon as Tanya saw me she grabbed Anthony and kissed him. I'm not going to get over dramatic, I just sat in chair and crossed my legs waiting for them to release.

"Bre," he said when Tanya finished her domain on him.

I looked up from whatever I was looking at and just smiled, "oh are you two done, no need to stop on my account." I wasn't saying it sarcastically I meant that, I don't care. And it wiped the smirk off her face because guess what it doesn't faze me.

"Bre you don't understand," he said and opened his mouth to explain.

"Hey don't make this big scene Anthony, I saw it," I said, "I saw her initiate it the moment she saw me." I just shrugged and then looked past him at Tanya and said, "by the way, that doesn't work as well if I see you do it."

"So you're not mad," he looked at me confused.

"Why the hell would I be mad," I said, "it doesn't matter, you can kiss whomever the hell you want, we aren't even dating."

"Oh," he said looking extremely confused.

"Look," I walked over to Tanya, "I got here that's all I wanted, you obviously want him a lot more than me so I'm going to say your favorite words." I looked back to be sure that I wanted to do this and I think I did. "You win,"I shrugged and walked backwards both of them were shocked, "it's my time to bow out honorably." I closed the door and ran down stairs.

I didn't want him, I've spent a few months trying to avoid this guy. Let's not pretend that one silly laer tag date really makes a difference to me or that guy like him ever actually changes. I don't believe in that.

"What happened," Allison ran up when her and Karly noticed I had rejoined the actual party.

"I surrendered," I shrugged again.

Allison looked shocked, "oh my God Bre, you surrendered your love to him that's so cu..."

"Why do you try to make everything so corny and lovey dovey," I said with my eyebrows raised.

"Isn't that what you ment," she said.

"No," I said, "I don't even know what you meant, your words sound like crazy talk to me." Karly just laughed. "I gave Tanya the victory, I don't want it, fighting with her isn't worth the lowsy prize." Karly cleared her throat to get my attention and pointed behind me.

"Ouch," Anthony said, "what was that in there."

"That was comical to me, I guess a little rude and I'm guessing slightly disappointing to you," I said assuming that I covered everything. He looked at me as if wanting more explaination, but I just shrugged and turned away to walk back over to Karly and Allison.

"So you're just turning your back on this," he said.

"Looks like I already did," I said smiling.

"I'm serious," he said turning me towards him, "you don't know what I went through to get this far."

"No you don't know what I had to go through just to get here right now," I said and he looked at me confused. "I had to sneak out, buy a dress because mine was stolen, prove my innocence in mall jail, run about four blocks, and climb over the wall around your entire neighborhood."

"What?"

"All because of that girl up there," I said. He was confused and I just took a deep breath, "I just don't want to deal wit that."

"So what does this mean for me," he asked and that sealed the deal. It wasn't about me at all it was all about him.

"It means you're just not worth it," I walked away.