The Matchmaker

Just What I Do

I was happy, my plan was working, three days of Allison just smiling and everyone else falling all over Anthony. He was just about to walk over to her and then he stopped, why was he stopping. "I just don't understand, why isn't he talking to me," Allison said with a pout on her face.

"It's a mystery," Karly said sarcastically.

"Maybe he needed a little more time to make his move," I said looking at my actual phone, "there's only three minutes till period three."

"I guess," she smiled weakly.

I walked into my period three, which was US History, my teacher was extremely boring and I sat in the back. Though our teacher was also extremely nice and he knew everyone texted in his class, it almost made you feel bad.

I felt the buzz in my pocket and brought my phone to my desk. -I took your advise, but he's not making a move-

-give him some time to enjoy the attention, soon enough he'll want more- I texted back. It was Allison and I half knew she was going to text me something. I turned my phone on silent so it would just light up and the buzz wouldn't grow louder on my desk.

-how long do I just keep smiling- she texted. I rolled my eyes in my head, but didn't really in fear someone would ask why.

-just have some patience- I wrote and if she texts back I refuse to answer.

I was kind of annoyed, why didn't he go talk to Allison. I know he was taking my advise, but why didn't he go through with it.

My phone buzzed as Karly and I were walking to lunch. She looked at me, "let me guess you have to take this." I nodded and ran off in the other direction. "Someday you have to tell me who all these calls are from," she yelled as I walked away.

"Hello," I said casually as I was still on my way to where I wanted to be.

"Yeah, it's me again," someone said on the other end.

"Okay, me I don't save numbers," I said, "so how did I help you and what didn't work."

"It's Anthony," he said.

"Oh right, the big shot that everyone wants," I said.

"Yeah," he said triumphantly, "I did manage to find a girl just like you described, and I was going to talk to her because yeah she's cute and the way she isn't even trying intrigues me just like you said it would."

"So what's the problem," I asked lost.

"The though just occuredto me," he said, "everything you said about her happened, and it's starting to make me wonder if you're setting up yourself."

I couldn't hold back I just began laughing like crazy, "I'm sorry, but that's crazy."

"Is it," I could hear the question in his voice.

"Don't flatter yourself," I said, "if I wanted to be with you I could have freshman year and without setting you up."

"Then how would you," he started confused.

"You called for advise and I gave it," I said, "now just go for this girl." Wow he thought I, I am appauled that he believes I would do something like that."

I walk back down and sit with Allison, "I think I should talk to him."

"Go ahead what do I care," I said and then she froze in a smile, "what is it?"

"He's coming over here," she said quietly, I turned around and rolled my eyes at the idiot walking over.

He walked right up to Allison and leaned againt our table, I was next to Allison so I saw it all. "Allison right," he said with a smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," she giggled slightly and smiled. They would look good together and they had names that sounded good together. Allison and Anthony, Althony, Anthison... well they both start with an A.

"So I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out tomorrow night, nothing big just like a movie," he said.

"I guess that would be fun," she smiled.

"Cool, pick you up at eight," he smiled and walked away.

"Oh my God, I can't believe my plan worked," she said excitedly. Your plan, don't take credit for my magic. Though it's a relief now at least we won't have to listen to her tell me how she wishes he'd notice her. I saw Karly rolling her eyes across the table and I nodded as if to say my thoughts exactly.

I bring people together, people who normally wouldn't see each other. I create miracles, I'm like a super hero. Now why do I feel so annoyed when ever I do this.