The Matchmaker

My Genius Plan

It was Friday and I decided to put my plan in action, but that would depend on the caller. Everyday someone asked about him, it would be more if it weren't for all the idiots joining in this stupid hunt for me. I just had to wait for the one phone call that I could use.

I changed locations in fear that someone would be hiding out there, I went backstage in the auditorium, it was only used before and after school and on certain occassions at lunch. I honestly don't know why I wasn't there in the first place. I took several calls, but I'll skip to the one I used.

"Hello, and tell me your delema," I said into the phone.

"Yeah, my name is Kylie and I can't hide it anymore," she said sighing into the phone, "I like Anthony Haines."

"Kylie, Kylie Dean your in AP Chemistry," I said into the phone.

"Umm yeah," she said confused. Kiylie might be my opposite, she was hispanic and had curly black hair and wore too much makeup, she was pretty but insecure because of her height. She hasn't reached 5 feet yet and I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, I'm not tall.

"Perfect, this is going to sound crazy, but it may help both of us," I said, "you have to be me." I heard the silence from the other line and figured that I wasn't going to get an answer. "This boy you like is obsessed with me, I have no desire, but you are in AP Chemistry so it's perfect."

"How will I sell it," she asked.

"Okay you will walk to the girls bathroom on the third floor of the C building. He's waiting trust me and when he approaches you and asks deny it," she cut me off at this point.

"Why would I deny it," she questioned.

"Because I would deny it, and he will call me and when he does I will immediatly call you so that your phone buzzes," I said. "Play it off as if it's not what it seems and when he gives you the look just give in and make him swear he won't tell anyone," I said.

"Are you sure this will work," she asked.

"It will work if you do it right," I said, "and I'm begging you please do it right." I hung up and typed *67 into my phone and then typed in her number, as soon as he called the hotline I would call with my actual phone.

I waited this would work, my phone started to buzz and I pressed send as quickly as I could. Five minutes later she called me back and triumphantly said, "it worked, we're going on a date tonight a movie."

"Oh thank God," I said and hung up.

Today was the best day of my life, I had gotten rid of the worst problem I have had for years. I went to work that evening and actually got there on time for once. "Wow on time," Gabe said as I walked in.

"Yes, I decided to try something new," I said smiling and hopping into my station.

"Wow, and in a good mood, you want to try something else new," he said moving his eyebrow up and down.

"Eww Gabe that's gross," I said pretending like it was much worse than what he meant. I walked away before he could continue to tlk to me. I rejoiced as I went through my work, I was actually a good waitress today smiles and everything. It's amazing to know that it actually gets you better tips.

My phone rang and I picked it up, "hello lucky caller number 1,000."

"Good mood," Anthony said, "I guess you had a good time on our date."

"Yes it was absolutely amazing," I said in a very enthusiastic voice.

"So you liked the movie," he said.

"It was amazing, the whole date was amazing," I said trying to fake it.

"Ha I knew it," he said and I was completely lost and confused, "we went bowling."

Think you idiot think, what to say, "psh, I know I was just playing along silly." Is that really the best I could come up with.

"Save it, Kylie already confessed and helped me narrow down the list," he said and I could see the smirk on his face. She couldn't narrow it too much, could she.

"I think I totally underestimated you," I said irritated.

"It wasn't hard Kylie is nothing like you," he said. It was true she was like my exact opposite not just in appearance, but also in personality. "Though I got to hand it to you, I don't know how you got away the other day."

"I'm just amazing," I said admiring my work.

"And you were doing so well," Gabe said looking at me on the phone shaking his head. "You and that stupid phone, there may be punishment."

"Like you hitting on me isn't punishment enough," I said to him.

"What," Anthony said reminding me I was still on the phone.

"Sorry my boss is being an annoying perv.," I said glaring over at Gabe. I shoes him away and hung up the phone and then I was down the rest of the evening because my plan failed. I thought it wa going to work, he doesn't know me at all, I could be a short Hispanic who is obsessed with popularity.