Status: Active

Burn

Knight in Shining Armor

"You are such a cheat!" Cori laughed as she smashed the button on her video game controller.

"It's not cheating if you know how to play the game." Drew smirked as her character kicked Cori's character's ass. Cori was on the edge of the couch seat, pressing any button that she could. Drew sat comfortably back in her chair, pressing the buttons to counter her attacks.

"I got you now bitch!" Cori laughed as she used her character's special move. Drew rolled her eyes and let the move hit her just to humor Cori. "Ha! I got you!" Drew nodded, hiding the giant smile that threatened to grace her face. Cori smiled victoriously as she continued to fight against her friend. Drew then pushed a button, revealing her special attack, killing Cori's character instantly. Cori sat in shock at what had just happened. Drew smiled and set her controller down.

"I told you. You have to know how to play the game." Cori glared a death glare at her. Just then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Drew laughed as she got up, leaving a shocked Cori to think of how Drew won. Drew opened the door to see Skylar smiling at her. "Hey! What are you doing here?" She asked as she hugged him.

"I came to surprise Cori. Is she here?" Drew laughed and nodded.

"She's in the living room wondering how I beat her in Mortal Combat." Skylar laughed as he put down his things.

"Cori has never been good at that game." Skylar smiled. "Don't tell her that I'm here. I'm gonna surprise her." Drew nodded and went back into the living room. Cori was doing a practice match against the CPU.

"Who was at the door?" Cori asked, focused on her fight. Drew smirked as she watched Skylar walk silently around the couch to Cori's side.

"Jehovah's witness," Drew laughed. "Come on, Cori. Block the attack."

"What do you think I'm trying to do?" Cori snapped at her.

"Wrong button, honey." Skylar smirked. Cori groaned and rolled her eyes.

"It's not the wrong button, Skylar." She yelled. Drew and Skylar watched her, waiting to see when she would notice that Skylar was there. Cori continued to battle until she lost again. "Damn it! Look what you made me do!"

"Sorry baby." He laughed. Cori then sat straight up and looked at Skylar with wide eyes. "Hi," He smiled. Cori screamed and pounced on him, knocking him off the couch onto the floor. "Good to see you too, love."

"What are you doing here?!" Cori smiled, sitting up on his lap.

"I took some time off. I missed you." Cori smiled and leaned down, kissing him. Drew smiled at the lovers. They were such a cute couple; made for each other. Cori moaned lightly as Skylar grabbed her hips. Drew sighed and stood up.

"I'm going to the beach. Don't make a mess of my house." Cori grunted and waved at her. Drew rolled her eyes and went upstairs to change. As she changed, she thought of how suddenly Brian had left the other day. Since Cori was obviously busy, she might a well work on the plan some more. Drew picked up her phone and texted Brian if he wanted to go to the beach with her. As she waited for his response, she put her hair into a french braid.

No.

Drew rolled her eyes at the short answer. Was it something that she did yesterday? Yes, she was drunk; but she didn't think that she had done something or said anything to make him mad at her. She was going to figure this out.

Did I say something when I was drunk yesterday?

No. He replied again.

Why are you avoiding me then?

Not avoiding you. Have things to do. Drew sighed, sitting down on her bed. She didn't know if he was lying to her or not. She didn't blame him for lying to her. Drew knew that he didn't trust her completely yet; even though she wished that he did. Drew groaned loudly when she heard a loud moan come from downstairs. She needed to get out of the house immediately.

Drew grabbed everything she would need and ran out of the house as fast as she could. The air was a little cold, but she didn't mind. The sun was shining brightly so she figured that it would warm up. The walk down to the beach reminded her of all the beach days that her and the boys used to have. As her feet hit the warm sand, a smile graced her face. She missed the sand between her toes. Drew found a spot near the water and set up her stuff. She looked around, seeing that not a lot of people were in any swimsuits; must have been to cold for them. Drew didn't care. She had been in freezing New York for so long that this California heat felt great. Drew laid down on her towel, looking up to the cloudless blue sky. She loved that she could sit and think about everything. Sometime being left alone with her thoughts was a bad thing. However, when she's laying on the warm sand; nothing bad could ever distract her mind.

A few hours had passed since she had gone to the beach to relax. Drew was laying on her beach towel, soaking up the sun as she read a book that she had been meaning to read for a while. Suddenly a dark shadow of a man loomed over the pages of her book. She looked up at him through the shade of her sunglasses. "You're in my light." The man laughed lightly and crouched down in front of her. His floral swim trunks ran up slightly revealing more of his tanned, muscled legs. Drew looked to his hazel eyes with a roll of her own. His eyes were no where near as beautiful as Matt's.

"Why you out here all alone?" His gravelly voice asked. "You and your boyfriend get in a fight?" Drew scoffed and sat up, beginning to pack her things away. The man reached out, grabbing hold of Drew's wrist.

"Let go of me!" She screamed, trying to pull away from the lunatic. He smirked and pulled her closer to him. Drew did everything she could to get away from him; he was just too strong.

"Come on, Kitten. I don't bite; unless you're into that." He whispered into her ear. Drew's stomach churned in knots. She had never felt more disgusted in her life. She continued to punch and hit at him; nothing worked. Tears soon began to stream down from her eyes. Drew tried to scream for help but it was only muffled by his large hand. "Stop making a scene, baby. It'll look bad."

"Get your fucking hands off her, now!" A voice screamed from behind them. The sound of his voice was like an angelic choir to Drew's desperate ears. The man harshly turned them around. Tears of joy came to Drew's eyes as she watched Matt stalk across the sand over to them. "I told you to let her go." The man scoffed and held onto Drew tighter.

"Fuck off, meat head. She's mine." Drew screamed muffled protests as she struggled to get over to Matt. Matt rolled his eyes and walked up to him, throwing a punch square into his nose. Blood spurt from his nose onto Drew as he let go of her. She instantly ran and his behind Matt's muscular build. The man groaned and glared at Matt and Drew before running off to nurse his now broken nose. Matt grabbed Drew's towel off the sand and turned to wipe off the blood that had gotten on her.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He quickly asked. Drew shook her head and wrapped her arms tightly around him. Matt held her tightly as she sobbed into his shoulder. Drew was so thankful that Matt had saved her. She was sure that she was going to get seriously hurt. "You're safe, Drew. I got you." Drew nodded and hugged him tighter.

"Thank you so much. He was too strong." She lightly cried as she calmed down. Matt smiled and brushed the hair out of her face. "How did you find me?"

"I was driving up to LA to pick up Val from the airport and I decided to take the ocean route. I saw your car and then I saw you with that creep." Drew sighed, standing up and putting her clothes back on.

"I'm sorry to keep you from your trip; but I really appreciate you saving me." She smiled. Matt shrugged, standing up.

"Her flight doesn't come in for another 2 hours. Had to help the damsel in distress." He smirked. Drew scoffed and hit his arm.

"You know that if I had my hands free, I would have taken him out." Matt nodded, putting his arm around her shoulders as they walked back towards the cars.

"You'll have to come over to my place. I'll show you a few self defense moves." Drew laughed and put her things in the car. "You wanna come up to LA with me? I'm sure that Val would love to see you." Drew sighed and shook her head. Val was with Michelle and Drew was sure that Michelle would want nothing to do with her.

"That's alright. I've gotta get back home and do some work. I only left so that Cori and Skylar could have some alone time." She replied, scrunching her nose. Matt laughed and hugged her.

"Still a workaholic." Drew smiled and shrugged as they pulled away.

"Thanks again." Matt smiled, ruffling up her hair.

"I will always be there to save you, whenever you need me."

"My knight in shining armor." Drew laughed. Matt shook his head before going to his driver's side door.

"You and I both know that's not me, Drew." He smirked before getting in the car and driving off down the road. Drew smiled as she watched him drive away. She was still waiting for her knight in shining armor to come rescue her. She only hoped that he would come before its too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that the updates have been soooo slow. I GOT MARRIED! YAY!

But now that the wedding is over and all that stress is gone, I'm devoting more time to writing.
Hope you like it!