Dark and Dirty Like You've Never Seen

Headfirst For Halos

Soon we were back in the garage behind Gerard’s house. Ray was already here and Bob was on his way. Surprisingly, Mikey was able to join us as well. I sat on the couch that they had moved and pushed up against the wall and watched as they set up a mini, make-shift stage. They made do with the space they had but it was still a decent set up. They were setting up speakers and microphones and tuning instruments. I felt myself studying them as they went about their business. Frank I already knew and Gerard I had gotten to know better throughout the day but there were still things I was noticing about him as I watched. He seemed fit enough but still had a little pudge on him. He didn’t seem very muscular but he was as strong as he needed to be. He had wispy black hair and lively hazel eyes. He didn’t have the rough exterior per say, but he did have an aura about him that gave off a sense that he had been through some tough shit and was still able to carry on. I was drawn to him and how he just radiated good vibes.

Mikey was a little taller than Gerard even though he was the younger brother. He had thin, brown hair that fell across his matching brown eyes. Though they were brothers, I almost couldn’t see any resemblance between the two of them. Mikey was lanky and seemed very shy and kept to himself. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him yet. Well, not technically. I do remember meeting him at the party that night and him pointing me in the direction of Gerard. Other than that, I wasn’t really acquainted with him, but he seemed sweet to me. I think I just might get along with him if he’ll give me a chance.

Ray and I had one encounter the first time I had been here at the garage and when we went to get coffee later that day. He wasn’t much of a talker, but I was shocked when he did. His voice was slightly higher than I was anticipating. He had just about the same build as Gerard, not skinny, but still a pretty solid build. Gerard and Ray were actually around the same age. Anyway, his poufy brownish red hair was his signature to me. If it wasn’t so creepy, I would gladly like to feel his hair sometime.

Then there was Bob who I practically knew nothing about. I couldn’t remember exactly but I might have met him at the party that night. As if on cue, I heard Mikey pipe up from behind one of the speakers.

“It’s about time you showed up.”

“Shut the fuck up, Mike. I made it, didn’t I?”

I turned to see a rather burly guy walk into the garage, blowing out a puff of smoke as he flicked the last of his cigarette out into the yard. He had short blonde hair and icy blue eyes. He had a decent beard going. He actually looked to me to be the only one who could rock some decent facial hair. He voice was deep and slightly menacing, but I feel like under his rough exterior was a giant teddy bear. He was all bark and no bite to me.

“Well, you’re just in time. We’re just about done setting up.” Frank said as he chucked a drum stick at Bob who grabbed it right before it whacked him in the leg. He wagged the drum stick at Frank.

“Thanks, ass.”

I smirked. I knew Bob meant it jokingly and it made me chuckle. Frank must have heard me and turned in my direction. He stood up and placed his guitar on its stand before walking over and plopping down on the couch next to me. He threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to him.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. Just watching you guys.” I felt myself automatically lean into him. Frank leaned over and nuzzled his face into my hair, taking a deep breath, before kissing the side of my head and pulling away.

“Well I hope you’re prepared for this. Shit might get a little crazy.”

“Yeah. If you haven’t seen Frankie on the guitar yet, then you’re in for a treat.” Gerard piped up from the other side of the room. He was leaning against the microphone and staring at Frank and me on the couch. I looked up at Frank with a smirk on my face. I felt my insides flip in excitement. Just seeing him with a guitar in his hands was exciting. I couldn’t wait to see him in action. He gave me a lopsided smile and shrugged his shoulders.

“I can get pretty into the music. It’s called being passionate fuck face.” Frank said lovingly back to Gerard who just laughed and held the microphone out in from of him.

“Well let’s get this shit going then.”

Frank planted one more quick kiss on my cheek before hopping off the couch and walking back over to the “stage”. Everyone was situated and seemed to be waiting on Gerard, the ring leader of this whole thing. Gerard turned his head and confirmed a song with everyone but I didn’t catch the name of it. He turned back to face the front of the stage and began nodding his head to a beat that only he seemed to hear. He began tapping the microphone and closed his eyes. He leaned into the mic as he spoke.

“This one’s Vampires Will Never Hurt You.” His eyes shot open as the bass and drum started off the song. He eyes boar into mine and I felt my whole body shudder. He seemed to have taken on a whole new persona. This wasn’t the fun loving Gerard that was standing up there moments before. It was much darker, more haunting, and a sultrier Gerard than before. It wasn’t just him who had changed. They all seemed to be more at ease. It was amazing to see all of them fall into their elements. They seemed so comfortable when the music began.

Gerard jumped in with the vocals and I was almost instantly mesmerized. His voice echoed out from the speakers and I felt as though his words were physically encircling me. I listened on in amazement as the song became faster and more intense. Gerard walked back and forth across the stage, starting to get more into the music. Ray was bobbing his head occasionally but stayed fairly stationary. Mikey also wasn’t much of a mover but from time to time would take a few steps here and there in either direction. Bob got into the music as much as a drummer can without moving around but it was Frank that surprised me. At first he would step back and forth and bob his head but by the end of the song, Frank had ran around the entire stage, leaning against one person, then another, and sometimes standing and walking off of the bass drum. I was in shock. I had never seen Frankie in that state, but it was still so infectious. I found myself bouncing around in my seat and could barely sit still. By the end of the song, I realized I was sitting on the edge of my seat, my mouth hanging open with a ridiculous grin on my face. They all seemed to be breathing a little heavier as the song ended.

“So … what’d ya think?” Gerard asked, slightly breathy and leaning on the mic stand for support. I shook my head slowly, my mouth still open. I stood up and clasped my hands together.

“That was so … I don’t even … You guys are incredible! I’ve never heard anything like it!” I couldn’t contain my excitement. I heard them let out a collective chuckle. Gerard glanced at the guys with a satisfied smile on his face before turning back to me.

“Well … that’s the first time we’ve played that song all together.”

“Are you kidding me? You guys … that was so amazing. I don’t know what to say…”

“How about another one?” Bob asked from the back, causing a huge grin to spread across my face.

“Yes. Yes, please!”

Gerard ripped the mic off the stand and turned to the guys coming to another song decision. He turned back to me and yelled in the microphone, making me jump then laugh at myself.

“This one’s Headfirst For Halos!” This song was much more upbeat than the last one and I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face. I watched as Gerard and Frank began tearing up the stage almost immediately. Even Mikey and Ray were moving around much more for this song. I watched as they jumped around and leaned on each other and I couldn’t stop myself from jumping up off the couch and joining them as they jumped and ran around the room, laughing all the while.

“Now, honestly, that’s what I said to her. What I said to her … YEAH!” As Gerard belted out this line, Frank ran over to me and planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek causing me to bust up laughing and continue my frantic dancing and jumping. As it came to the end of the song, Gerard ran over and grabbed me by the hand, pulling me up on the stage with them. He threw his arm around my shoulder and placed the mic in between the two of us and nodded at me as he sang the last line. “Think happy thoughts. Think happy … WOO!” On the last word, everyone yelled out, including myself, and the last note resonated through the garage. I realized I was practically gasping for air and had my arm wrapped around Gerard’s waist to keep myself up. Gerard was also leaning against me for support with his arm still around my shoulders. I glanced at everyone else and realized we were all breathing heavy and seemed worn out, but everyone had a smile on their face. That’s when I started laughing.

“Oh great, she’s lost it.” Bob said from behind his drum set. I shook my head at him as I tried to get my laughter under control. He was definitely quick with the one liners.

“No, no it’s just … I haven’t had this much fun in a long time. You guys are so great and your music is … it’s so unique and fun and the lyrics. You guys wrote all of this?” I saw the proud look on their faces as I got nods in response to my question. “Why don’t you guys try to go for a label or something?”

“Well, we’re playing local shows right now. We’re trying though.” Mikey piped up, wiping some sweat off his forehead.

“Good, cause they don’t know what they’re missing out on.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to control myself long enough for them to play me a few more songs. I think they were called, This Is the Best Day Ever and Early Sunsets Over Monroeville. They had finished up their little concert and were putting everything away. I was lying on the couch with my feet hanging over the edge, my eyes closed. I let the lyrics of their songs run through my head, and the tunes were so catchy, I couldn’t stop playing it over and over in my head. A moment later I felt some sit on my mid-section causing me to let out an oof. I opened my eyes to see Frank casually sitting on me and smiling.

“You’re squishing me!”

“Oh, you mean like this?” He asked as he bounced lightly. I let out short, clipped laughs.

“Y-yes-s… g-get off-ff!”

He laughed his infectious laugh and turned so he was laying on top of me now.

“Make me.” His face was just a few inches from mine. I didn’t mind the fact that he was still a little sweaty as I stared into those hazel orbs. They were so bright and exciting right now, surely from all the adrenaline he had running through him from playing. I smirked and leaned up to kiss him but was cut off when I heard Gerard cry out.

“Hey, he’s squishing Angela! I want to, too!” I saw him jump before I could say anything. Gerard tackled Frank and I on the couch and hugged us both to him. “Group hug!”

“Gerard, Frank, I can’t breathe!” I attempted to push them off when I heard another person yell.

“Me next!” I barely saw Mikey as he hopped on top of the pile, causing myself and now Frank to let out a groan.

“Ok, seriously no more!” Frank said this time trying to catch his breath. I was trying to laugh but couldn’t get enough air.

“Wait, I’m not in on this!” I heard Ray but couldn’t see him, but I definitely felt him as more weight was applied to the top of us. Now Frank, Gerard, and I let out groans and coughs as we tried to push everyone off. Even though I barely had enough air in my lungs to breathe, I managed to laugh as Frank pressed his forehead to mine, letting out his cute giggle. While in the middle of laughing we heard Bob from across the room.

“Wait, I gotta get in on this.”

At the same time, Gerard, Frank and I yelled out, “NO!” and together were able to push off Mikey and Ray until we all ended up in a jumbled heap on the floor. I couldn’t tell who I was laying on or who was laying on me, all I know is my side hurt from all the laughing I had been doing over the past hour. As we all gathered ourselves and stood up from the floor we looked over to see Bob was now sitting on the couch.

“I like her. She can stay.” Bob said in confirmation as he stretched out on the now empty couch. I turned to Frank and smiled as he pulled me into his arms.

“Good.” He said as he gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I felt my cheeks heat up as I pressed my face into the crook of his neck and sighed. I think I finally found some people who I could actually call friends, and it felt so good…
♠ ♠ ♠
We finally get to see MCR preform. YEAH! Not a lot of plot building, but who wouldn't want their own private MCR concert? Anyway, I'll continue to work on this when I can. Cheers.