Dark and Dirty Like You've Never Seen

Promises

My weekend at Frank’s mom’s house went surprisingly well. Karen and I actually bonded over this past weekend. She showed me how she made her homemade sauces and spices and sent Frank home with some for his dad. I was still so shocked at the relationship Frank’s mom and dad managed to keep even though they were divorced. We said our goodbyes and she asked if I would be seeing her next weekend. She actually wanted to see me again! I felt a small sense of accomplishment at this.

Frank and I packed our stuff and began to make our way back to his dad’s house. On the way there I asked him if we could stop by his secret spot. He seemed to like this idea. As we pulled off on the side of the road in front of the woods, the sun was just dipping below the tree line, giving everything a burnt, warm look. We made our way through the rows of trees until it opened up into the little sandbar I had only seen one other time. When we got there, I couldn’t help myself as I slipped off my shoes and socks and made my way to the edge of the water. I stopped just along the water’s edge and let it splash up on my ankles. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, relishing in this moment. The peace and calm. I felt Frank’s presence behind me and, with eyes still closed, smiled as he soundlessly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him. I lifted my hands and rested them on top of his. I opened my eyes and turned my head so I could see his face. He tilted his head so he was staring down at me and let a lazy smile creep up on his face as he leaned forward and pressed his lips gently to mine. It was quick and simple but it spoke volumes.

Frank and I had only been together for a short time but I feel closer to him and safer with him then I have ever felt with anyone. I thought back to how just a few weeks ago before the hazel eyed boy with the black and red hair stumbled into the classroom, I was trapped in a world with an abusive father, a mother who almost didn’t exist in the real world, and a ditzy, unreliable blonde who I clung to as my one “true” friend. Now, Frank had made me realize that there was so much more in life to look forward to. He was my only hope of escape from this world of torment that I had learned to accept. Along with finding someone who truly and honestly cared about me, I had gained four new friends as well. The thought of it all caused me to grin from ear to ear and start to chuckle. Frank raised an eyebrow at me. My laughter increased as I pulled away from him. He looked at me, a smile starting to break across his face just from watching me. At this point I was doubled over, holding my stomach from laughing so hard. I finally calmed myself down and looked up to see an amused, yet puzzled look on Frank’s face. I started to walk toward him again, my eyes hooded and sultry. He started to suck on his lip ring the closer I got. I was now standing toe to toe with him. I leaned forward as if I was going to press my lips to his waiting ones. Instead, I pressed my hands against his chest and gave him a shove so he stumbled and fell in the sand. I laughed and took a step back from him.

“Race me to the car!” I grabbed my shoes off the ground and took off running, leaving Frank in the sand with a raised eyebrow. I was sure that I had a giant lead on him, but soon heard breaking sticks and rustling leaves behind me. I looked over my shoulder just in time to see him run past me. He was laughing as he rushed past. I picked up the pace the best I could but by the time I made it out of the clearing, Frank was leaning against the car, his breathing ragged. I slumped over against the tree line, my hands resting on my knees.

“How … how did you …”

“You really thought you could beat me?” He asked his breathing already normal again. I took a few deep breaths before standing up straight. I pouted as I walked over to the car and opened the passenger door.

“Next time …” I mumbled under my breath as I climbed into the passenger seat and pulling my door shut. His door opened, and he slid into the seat, chuckling to himself. He had started the car, but we didn’t go anywhere right away. I looked over at him and he had that lopsided grin on his face. “What?”

“What was all that about back there?”

“What do you mean?”

“One minute I’m standing there holding you and the next you’re laughing and pushing me in the sand. You feeling ok?” He asked putting his hand up to my forehead. I laughed and pushed him away.

“No, I was just thinking…”

“About what?”

“You … us… the guys. I can’t believe how lucky I got.” I had my head turned to my lap now, blushing slightly.

“I was thinking the same thing…”

I looked up and saw that Frank was leaning over the middle counsel slightly. His eyes were a spectacular hue in this lighting. I found myself leaning forward to meet him half way. His soft lips pressed against mine, his lip ring sending luscious shivers down my spine from the coldness. I found my hands moving up to the sides of his face, my thumbs resting on the corners of his mouth. I felt his lips pull up into a smile next to them as he deepened the kiss. One of his hands snaked over to my seat, pushing up my shirt and resting his hands on my bare skin. I instinctively moved my hips toward him as a bolt of electricity shot through my body, resting deliciously in groin. Much to my dismay, he detached his lips from mine and stared at me with fire in his eyes, his breathing rugged.

“I need to get you home.” He quickly put the car in gear and took off in the direction of his dads. I bit at my lip and cozied up in my seat, more than excited to get back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We lay in Frank’s bed, our clothes scattered haphazardly all over the floor. The TV was on, but I wasn’t really paying attention. I curled up to Frank’s naked body under the sheets, my slightly sweaty skin sticking to his. My hands rested on his chest as I craned my neck up and began leaving a trail of light kisses along his neck. I heard him groan low in his throat as he turned to look at me. He brought a hand up and moved some hair out of my face and gave me a lazy smile.

“So, you excited to go back to school tomorrow?”

I started to nod but my smile instantly fell. I sat up in bed, wrapping the sheet around me. He sat up with me and gave me a look of concern.

“What’s wrong? … Angel, what is it?” He placed his hand under my chin and made me look at him. I bit at my lip nervously and let out a long sigh.

“I kind of …had a run in with …Aaron. When I left the school. He was out by the car…” I looked over to gauge his reaction. He stared at me blankly. I decided he didn’t need to know all the details. One thing at a time for now. “He threatened to have some girls beat me up … or he said he’d come after y-you.” I tried to keep my voice from shaking but it was no use. I looked up at Frank and was surprised to see that he looked angry. I swallowed hard. “Say something…”

“This happened Monday?” He asked barely above a whisper. I couldn’t find any words so I just nodded slowly. “Angela … why are you just now telling me this?”

I frowned and looked down at the sheets knotted in my hands. He grabbed me by my chin and quickly turned my face back up to him.

“Answer me!” He said harshly through gritted teeth, making me jump, my eyes widened. He quickly let go of me and his face softened. “Look … I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to … Angela, I just don’t understand why you waited. Did he touch you? I swear to God, Angel…”

“No! He just threatened me. Frank … I don’t want him to hurt you.”

“If the options are between me and you, then he really doesn’t have a choice. I won’t let them hurt you. I promise…” He had pulled me to him at this point. I let out a shaky sigh and leaned into him further.

“He talked to Lacy. That’s how he knows about you… and my dad.”

He stiffened against me. “Your friend…”

“Yeah. Look, if anyone should be pissed at her it should be me. She is … was my friend after all.” I said weakly. Some friend, huh? I sat up and looked at him. “I don’t know if she knows though. I’ll see if I can talk to her, get her to back off and talk to Aaron. If she doesn’t know that he talked to me, maybe I can convince them to leave us alone.”

He stared at me, a little skeptical at first but let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing his forehead. “I guess we don’t have much of a choice. Either it’s going to happen or it’s not. You can talk to her, but if anything happens, I mean it, you come find me. I don’t care where you are or where I am. Find me. Promise.” He grabbed my hand and gave me a stern look. I just shook my head and squeezed his hand reassuringly. He lay back down on the bed pulling me next to him. I resumed my spot curled up by his side. He buried his face in my hair and took a deep breath before kissing the top of my head. “Is there anything else you need to tell me?”

I held my breath for a second, staring blindly at the TV. “No …” I muttered out.

“Ok, just promise you won’t keep anything from me again, ok?”

I just nodded my head in response. Little does he know, some things are better left unsaid …
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. It's annoying... I know what I want to do with the story, I just don't know how to write it :/ anyway, tell me what you think. Cheers