Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Fifteen

A few weeks after telling mom and dad (and Jack, but he doesn’t count cause he was asleep) that I was gay, I was pretty content with my life, and I didn’t really care anymore if people knew I was with Zach or not. Emilie swore she nearly died when I called her the day after and told her what Zach and I did. She asked for details but I refused to give them to her. She’s a perv.

I nearly gave Declan and his ‘friend-but-Dec-wishes-she-was-more’, Tamsin a heart-attack when they walked into my house after hanging out at the mall and saw me on top of Zach furiously making out with him on the couch in the living room two days after I came out to my parents. I’d obviously forgotten to tell him (not that he was ever home; he was spending all his time hanging out with his friends because it was school break between 7th and 8th grade), because when he walked through the front door and saw us, he let out a strangled shout before running past us and up the stairs to his bedroom without even waiting for an explanation. Tamsin had a ‘WTF’ look on her face and I told her that I’d talk to Declan later when he recovered from his shock, before she went upstairs and joined Dec in his room.
When Zach had left to go to work, and Tamsin was picked up by her mom to go out to a family dinner, I made my way upstairs and knocked on Declan’s bedroom door. He opened it, saw it was me and turned around and lay face down on his bed. I took that as an invitation to enter his bedroom, so I did, and sat down next to him on his bed. He didn’t acknowledge my presence.

“Dec,” I said softly, and placed my hand on the small of his back and shook him a bit. He rolled over and glared at me, and I shrunk away from his gaze.
“Do you have any idea how much you scarred me before? Imagine you walking in your own house and seeing your twin brother making out with another guy when you didn’t even know that he wasn’t straight,” he said loudly and sat up, as he continued glaring at me.
I was shocked. Declan wasn’t… wasn’t homophobic… was he?
“You. Um. You’re…h-homoph-”
“Of course I’m not homophobic. I don’t give a shit who you like, I just wish you would’ve told me that…well,” I didn’t wait for Declan to finish. I flung my arms around his neck in a tight hug and the rest of his sentence came out muffled, “... you like guys.”
“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. But you’re never home! It’s so hard finding any time that you’re alone to talk to you,” I exclaimed, exasperated. It wasn’t my fault that I could never find the time to talk to him without his friends surrounding him.
“Okay, okay. You win. You just surprised me is all. Do mom and dad know?”
“Yeah. I… told them a couple of days ago.”
“How’d they take it?”
“Mom was cool with it. Dad was shocked and had a spaz attack cause he thinks that I’m too young to be doing shit with a sixteen-year-old. He didn’t even care that I was gay, just that Zach’s too old for me. Apparently.”
Dec looked at me in shock. “Umm… what was that?”
“What was what?” I questioned, confused.
“’I’m too young to be doing shit with a sixteen-year-old’?” he quoted me, “What shit?” Then he gasped. “OMG! Are you serious?! You- you’re… OMG! When?!”
“Three nights ago. You were at a party, so were mom and dad…” I trailed off when Dec went pale.
“Ohh…wow,” Declan murmured. “Shi-it.”
I laughed. He was making such a huge deal out of this.

When Dec flopped back down on his bed with an exaggerated sigh, I decided it was my cue to exit. I got up from his bed and made my way downstairs, throwing myself on the couch and picking up the remote to flick through the channels until Zach came back for dinner.
Anyway, that was a little while ago, and, although Dec still gets a shock if he walks into a room and sees me kissing Zach or whatever, he’s pretty cool with me and my sexuality and doesn’t give me too hard a time with the teasing.

Zach and I are learning more and more about each other every time we see each other, and we have a lot in common, which I think is good in a relationship. For example, just the other day, we found out that we’re both pretty fluent in French. We were lying on my bed and Zach was drawing on my stomach with his fingers (which he does a lot; I love it) and kissing my throat (which I also love) when he kissed a certain place that made me go insane (and he knew that, too) and I let out a certain curse word in French. I was surprised to find out that he knew what it meant in English, and he told me that he’d been learning it in school since 5th grade. It’s compulsory at my elementary school to learn a language in grades 5 and 6 and there was a choice between French, Japanese and German. Zach told me he chose French because it sounded the nicest and he was good at it in elementary school, but he only continued doing it in high school because it was the only class that he could take that didn’t clash with biology and art, his two favourite subjects. I told him that my story with the French language was a little different. I don’t remember this, but dad told me that when I was 4 I went up to him and told him that I was sick of talking American and wanted to talk a different language. He suggested I learn British instead and I supposedly kicked him in the shin (obviously I was a violent child) before he asked if I wanted to learn French, which I agreed to. I started work with a French tutor a few weeks after and up until I started high school when I decided that I had learnt enough (by that time I was completely fluent). I love being able to speak in a different language, and knowing someone I can have a conversation with in that language is awesome. I’ve been teaching Zach some words and phrases in French that they definitely don’t teach in school and it’s fun to be able to say them without getting into trouble from teachers who think that swearing should be punishable by death penalty.

Aside from the French thing, Zach and I have a huge amount in common – music, favourite TV shows, movie genres and so on. I found out yesterday that Zach had wanted to get snakebites (which I think are totally hot on pretty much anyone) for about 3 years but never got around to it, so I organised for us to go into Needle&Ink today for him to finally get them done.

When he turned up in my driveway, I bolted from my bedroom down the stairs to meet him at the front door. He was just walking onto the porch when I flung open the door and jumped on him. He was so used to this happening that his arms automatically wrapped around me in a tight hug and he laughed.

“Hey, gorgeous. You’re happy to see me,” he said with a smile as he put me down on the porch. I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside before pulling his head down to my level and attacking his mouth with my own, while closing the front door with a flick of my foot. We continued making out by the front door for a bit until dad walked past and started yelling about how “I told you that I don’t care what you do with each other, just as long as I don’t have to see it! You think I really wanna see my son gettin’ it on with his boyfriend in the front hall?! Go somewhere else, geez…” and so on.
When Zach pulled away and stood up straight so that his neck could recover from being pulled down so far (it’s not my fault I’m so short!), I looked up at him with a grin, which he returned whole-heartedly. I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him again. Zach chuckled.
“What is up with you today? You’re so affectionate.”
“Just making the most of the time I have left to kiss you until the time comes when I’m not allowed to kiss you for several weeks,” I smiled at him, before kissing him again.
“What are you talking about?”
“We’re going to see Skyler!”
“Uh…why? And what does going to see Skyler have to do with not being allowed to kiss me?”
“Wait and see.” I turned and looked at the clock that was situated on the wall behind me. “Oh! It’s time to go!” I exclaimed, and grabbed his hand. I dragged him out to his car and waited impatiently for him to open it before jumping into the front passenger seat. I wriggled around with excitement in my seat all the way to Needle&Ink and as soon as Zach parked, I was in the store before he’d even taken his seatbelt off. I knew that Skyler had already set everything up for Zach’s piercing so we didn’t have to wait for him to get everything ready. When Zach appeared in the doorway looking confused, I ran over and grabbed his hand before pulling him towards the chair where he’d be getting his piercing. I reached up to place my hands on his shoulders and pushed him down into the chair. He sat there staring at me looking totally bewildered. It was cute.

When Skyler came over with his tray full of needles and stuff, a look of realisation swept across Zach’s features.
“Ready to get your snakebites done?” I asked.
“Seriously?”
“Yep,” I grinned. He grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap in a tight hug.
“OMG I love you!”

I pulled away slightly, “You better,” I said with a laugh, before hugging him one more time and climbing off his lap. Skyler was ready to start marking where the piercings would go and he couldn’t do it with me in the way. Right before Sky was about to put the first marking, I stopped him.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on.” I leaned down and kissed Zach hard on the mouth and then reluctantly pulled away. “One last kiss,” I explained and looked at Sky, “Continue.”
Skyler marked out where both lip piercings would go before picking up the needle and clamp. He explained that he’d be piercing and putting the jewellery in the first before he pierced the second. Sky positioned the clamp on the left side of Zach’s lip before sticking the needle through quite quickly. In a matter of seconds the needle was removed and a piece of silver jewellery was through my boyfriend’s lip. He turned his head slightly to show me while Skyler had turned around to pick up the second sterilised needle. It looked amazing! I’m so glad I decided to organise this. Sky turned around again and, just as quickly as before, Zach had a matching silver ball protruding slightly from the skin just below his lip. One word: HOT! I wanted to attack him right then and there, but I figured I’d better wait until we got home before… yeah.

Skyler explained cleaning and care to Zach before looking directly at me as he explained the “no kissing for at least 2 weeks” rule. I arranged my face in what I hoped was an innocent expression but obviously Skyler saw right through that because he tacked on at the end, “I mean that, Cameron. At least two weeks. More if the piercing gets infected.” I pouted a bit before I pulled Zach into a standing position and hugged him.
“I’ll just do this instead,” I said, “Even though it’s not the same,” I wailed at the end. Zach just shook his head above me. He’s used to my insanity. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the door of the shop. We didn’t have to pay for the piercing cause Skyler loves me so I opened the door while Zach thanked Sky as he passed through it.
“Bye, Skyler,” I said with a smile.
“Later Cam,” he replied. “Hey, tell Blair to call me would you?”
“Yep, sure,” I answered, and then left, pulling the door closed behind me. I joined Zach in his car before squealing about how HOTT (with two t’s) his piercings looked. I knew I’d struggle to stick to the “no kissing” rule, because OMG, my boyfriend is completely and utterly amazingly sexy and I just wanna kiss the shit out of him. It was going to be a long fortnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thank you SO much to the people who have commented and subscribed. You're awesome!

Okay. So basically, from here on out, the story is going to be less light and fluffy and become darker, especially in the next couple of chapters. Having said that, this story will have a happy ending. I promise.