Status: Completed

I Am Invincible

Eight

Zach’s POV

“I said, shut up,” Cameron cut me off from my apologising a second time and stood up and made his way towards me. Oh great, he’s going to hit me. I deserve it, but still. He’s gonna hurt himself, I have a hard head, everyone says so. I don’t want him t-

While I was worrying about all of this, Cameron had already crossed the room, and I felt a small arm wrap itself around my waist, and another snake its way around my neck. He tugged my head down to his level (which is quite a fair way, I might add; he’s only 5’1” at the most and I’m 6’0) and before I knew what was happening, his soft, plump lips were on mine. OMG OMG OMG! He’s...shit! Holy crap. He’s...he’s kissing me? Wait, why am I talking to myself? Kiss him back, retard, before he pulls away. Yessir!

As my brain kicked into gear, I realised that Cameron was still kissing me, and he was hurting my neck doing it. I slowly snaked my arms around him and easily picked him up. Right away, he moved his arms to go around my neck as I straightened up and lifted his legs to wrap them around my waist, never once breaking the kiss. And holy shit, he was a good kisser. Way better than any of my previous boyfriends, I thought. That girlfriend of his is lucky. He must be fabulous in be- Wait, what? He’s got a girlfriend! And I’m pretty sure they’re uh...yeah. So why the hell is he kissing me?

I pulled away and looked Cameron in the eyes. We were both out-of-breath.
“W-what was that?” I asked. I must’ve looked like I’d been hit over the head with a mallet or something; I know my mouth was hanging wide open.
He breathed in deeply. “I like you, stupid. What did you think that meant?”

I placed Cameron back on the ground and sat down on the couch and motioned for Cameron to sit next to me. He did so, and then I turned and looked at him seriously.
“You have a girlfriend,” I stated bluntly. “How can you like me?”
His face dropped, “Don’t you like me?” he whispered and looked away. Oh well done, Zachary, I sarcastically applauded myself. You’ve made him cry. Fix it. Now!
“No! Cameron... I...I like you. A lot. Too much probably. But... you gotta explain some stuff to me. A-about Emilie, I mean...aren’t you...y’know...doing...stuff?” I asked, feeling more awkward then I ever had in my entire life.
“Doing stuff...?” he looked confused, and then a look of realisation swept across his features, coupled with one of horror. “OH! OMG no! I...shit. No.”
“...But then...?”

I was so confused, and was about to ask another question, but he cut me off (again), “Yeah, I really gotta explain. But it’s complicated...”

He told me that him and Emilie were not really boyfriend and girlfriend, rather he was pretending to be her boyfriend so she could be popular (something, he explained, she had wanted since she started school). He told me that she basically begged him to pretend to be her boyfriend because he was the best actor she knew and knew he could pull it off. And that he didn’t like her as anything more than his best friend – adding that, at the moment, he didn’t really like her at all. He also told me that he’d had some feelings for me that weren’t exactly just friendly (I nearly died and went to heaven when I heard that) and that he’d wanted to know how I felt about him for a while, but was too nervous to ask.
I told him how much I liked him, how long I’d been waiting to kiss him. How afraid I was that he’d reject me when I told him I was gay and had more than just a little crush on him. I told him about my ex-boyfriends – all those relationships ending badly. I told him the stuff I’ve done with Ryan (don’t ask; let’s just say that Ryan and I have been a little closer than best friends usually get) and others.

And even after I told him all this and I expected him to want to go home and never talk to me again, he surprised me (like he’s done a few times this afternoon) and jumped in my lap, hugged me tight, and kissed me sweetly. I got the tingles. The things that boy does to me, he makes me go insane.
Then he surprised me again. He told me he wanted to be with me. And let me tell you; my heart soared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
:)